Buenos Aires Travel Answers

change location
Kikitriky's Profile Photo

Left luggage - where?

by Kikitriky Online Now Feb 7, 2012 at 4:54 AM

Dear firends,
I expect to arrive in BA on 17/02 by 8 am. The hotel I am staying at allows for check in not earlier than 2 p.m. This means that we have several hours to spend with our big suitcases which is rather inconvinient. Can you advise me where to leave the luggage for a couple of hours and take a first walk in BA without the heavy luggage? The same issue stays for the departure day - check out is at 11 am, departure flight is late in the evening.Thanks in advance!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • goodfish's Profile Photo

Re: Left luggage - where?

by goodfish Online Now Feb 7, 2012 at 5:04 AM

Most hotels will store your luggage for you if arriving early and/or not departing the city until some hours after checkout. Most of these services are free but some hotels are charging a small fee for this.

I would email your hotel and ask if they have luggage storage. If they have a website, they often note this amenity there with their other services.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • sheherezad's Profile Photo

by sheherezad Online Now Feb 7, 2012 at 5:08 AM

I suggest you speak to the hotel reception and request your luggage to be stored in their luggage room before check-in/after check-out? ;-) I'm sure they would oblige since you are staying at their hotel?

FYI when I flew into BA Oct 2010, there was no left luggage facility at the EZE.

• jimwebster's Profile Photo

by jimwebster Online Now Feb 13, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I have been to Bs As many times and have never had a problem with a hotel keeping my luggage in a safe place when arriving too early to check in. Or for my benefit because my departure was several hours after check out. I also have never been charged a fee for this.

Hotel management and service is a profession in Argentina, where most people that work behind a motel desk have taken vocational type training to get their job. To me the service is generally quite good.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Buenos Aires