Buenos Aires Travel Answers

change location

Boca Juniors Football Club

by mouthfromthesouth Online Now May 13, 2008 at 4:05 AM

Do Boca Juniors stage stadium tours and what are their opening times?
I be in B.A. in November so not sure if the football season is active.
What's the best way to get there from Retiro i.e metro or bus and how long would it take to arrive there.
Any info on bus numbers/metro would be much appreciated.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • mindcrime's Profile Photo

Re: Boca Juniors Football Club

by mindcrime Online Now May 13, 2008 at 4:34 AM

There is no metro station at Boca district. I visited 2 times the area and I used bus No.29 that I took from Plaza de Mayo, the central square of BsAs. You can go there by metro and then take the bus. Probably there is a direct local bus from Retiro but you will visit Plaza de Mayo anyway to see the old part of the town, the Cabildo, the cathedral, the Pink House etc

Have in mind that Boca isnt the safest area in the world but the bus will drop you off Caminito, the famous touristic area (in fact two small streets) full of colorful house. No problem for you there. The stadium of Boca is only 4 blocks away from there, just put your camera inside your bag and go. The museum (inside the stadium)was opened in the morning but I dont know about the tours.

have fun!
    konstantinos

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Boca Juniors Football Club

by gordon_ba Online Now May 15, 2008 at 4:47 PM

I stayed in the Garden House hostel and they organize trips to the Bombonera Stadium to watch soccer games and stuff... Quite cool!

• puppis's Profile Photo

by puppis Online Now May 16, 2008 at 8:29 PM

The futbol season will be active in November, no problem. But there is no schedule for the Torneo Apertura until next July.

by juliagarden Online Now May 20, 2008 at 5:57 PM

Hi the first thing you have to know is that boca stadium is in avery dangerous neighborhood, so its better to go there with someone how knows, i work in a hostel in san telmo and we work wiith a guy that take u to the games pick u up from the hostel and take u to the game and give u a safer place and then take u back to the hostel!!!!!!!! myh hostel is the garden house art factory if u want i cna hela u with that, it doesnt metter that u stay in other hostel!!!!!!!!

• puppis's Profile Photo

by puppis Online Now May 22, 2008 at 1:16 PM

julia, you can not offer servicies here.

by gordon_ba Online Now May 29, 2008 at 7:06 PM

Boca Stadium is great. I stayed at the Garden House hostel and they organized a trip to the pitch and we went to the Boca-Fluminense game. Although it eneded up 2-2, the feeling was amazing. The guide took care of us, so there was no problem! BOCA, here you got a new fan! :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Buenos Aires