Buenos Aires Travel Answers

change location

Purchasing Wine in Buenos Aires

by Lefty51 Online Now Mar 30, 2005 at 7:27 PM

Hi!

I am going to be in Buenos Aires from April 17-20, and I wanted to know where I could purchase a few bottles of Argentinian wine to bring back home...What brand of wine would be best to buy? Also, how much would I expect to pay for some nice BsAs wine? Thanks...

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • lkdahl's Profile Photo

RE: Purchasing Wine in Buenos Aires

by lkdahl Online Now Mar 30, 2005 at 10:43 PM

There are wine shops everywhere. Gallerias Pacifico has a very nice wine shop as I'm sure all the malls do in Buenos Aires. However you will pay a few more pesos at the malls and at the duty free shops at the airport.

I'm not an expert on wines, but I can tell you the wines I liked and brought back. The wines I brought back are Nieto Senetiner DOC, Saint Felicien and Pulenta, all Malbec. I don't remember what I paid for the Nieto Senetiner DOC, but I paid29 pesos for Saint Felicien and40 pesos for the Pulenta. The Pulenta 2003 Malbec was has only 9879 bottles made so I bought 2 bottles. The Saint Felicien was a wine I had at Lomo with dinner during my stay.

Because I lived in the US, I could bring back just about as much wine as I could carry. For Canadians, they can only bring back 3 bottles. I brought back 7 bottles.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • sof76's Profile Photo

by sof76 Online Now Apr 1, 2005 at 9:40 AM

Hi!!!
    You'll fine wine shops everywhere here! In general they are cheaper at supermarkets... In my opinion the best wine is Rutini, but it is one of the most expensives. There are 2 wineries I like very much that are Catena Zapata and Finca La Anita (also expensives). The ones Ikdahl recommended you are very good ones! Have a nice trip! If you need info about Buenos Aires, just drop me a line!
    =)
    Sof

• Sonador3's Profile Photo

by Sonador3 Online Now Apr 2, 2005 at 11:39 PM

My favorite wine was the Trapiche Syrah 2000, which if I remember correctly listed for about 30-40 pesos. But for sure you can drop Sofie (sof76) a line for help on this or other matters. She's an angel. She and her family (mom and sister) helped me out of so many jams I lost count. She also rents several apartments at very reasonable prices.

• Palmettoman's Profile Photo

RE:

by Palmettoman Online Now Apr 10, 2005 at 8:59 PM

On that subject, SOF76, I will be looking for an apartment in Bs As around July. I will be in Arg for about a year and will need something reasonable and safe. What are your price ranges? If it's easier, you can write me at Palmetto03@hotmail.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Buenos Aires