Buenos Aires Travel Answers

change location

Stay in a city hotel or in the Cruise ship

by iromerodiaz Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 8:16 AM

I am going to Buenos Aires in a cruise ship departing from Santos , Sao Paulo, the ship stops in Buenos Aires for 2 days. It is better to stay that night in the hotel or sleep in the Cruise ship, for example the distance from the Sao PAulo center to Santos is 1h 1/2 driving. Is In Buenos Aires the same?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Re: Stay in a city hotel or in the Cruise ship

by kathycohen Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Hi There, no the port for the crew ships in Buenos Aires is actually quite close to the city center. Its only about a 15 minute taxi ride from all the great places. Actually, where the ship stops is called Puerto Madero. This place in itself is quite beautiful!! As a person living in Buenos Aires.. I would suggest to take advantage of saving money on staying a night on the ship.. and do a city tour one day to see all the monumental places in BsAs.. You should definitely have a look at possibly booking a Tango show & dinner as well.. there is one called Madero Tango which is in Puerto Madero right next to the port.. so would be convenient to get back to the ship after a great night out. If you want I have a lot of great suggestions and would be more than happy to share them with you - email me on kathyc@bsas4u.com

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by iromerodiaz Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Iam traveling with a 10 months baby and a toddler it will be difficult to go to a Tango show and actually i would love it

Be the first to rate this answer!

• by kathycohen Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Actually, at the Madero Tango house children under the age of 3 are free of charge and between the ages of 3 and 10 are at 50% of the full price.. However I can understand that it may be a timing issue as well.. however if you would like.. send me an email and I can let you know a few other options that you might be able to explore so that you can enjoy your time in buenos to the max.. with your children!

by iromerodiaz Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Kathy Where can i Check about the city tour? thanks

by kathycohen Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Check out this site: bsas4u.com/city-tours-buenos...

they have a great collection of city tours that you can choose from.. and very safe and convenient to book online!! they are also there 24hrs for anything you may need!

• the_dutchman's Profile Photo

Re: Stay in a city hotel or in the Cruise ship

by the_dutchman Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 11:04 AM

It all depends on the amount you want to spent during your stay.
    The port in Buenos Aires (Puerto Madero) is right next to the city. A small walk from the ship should give you access to the city buses. If not, then a taxi ride to the city should be very reasonable.
    If you intend on more than one taxi ride then it might be more convenient to stay in a hotel, but that too depends on the amount you wish to pend on a hotel.

Gerry, The_Dutchman

1 member found this helpful

• RicardoBA's Profile Photo

Re: Stay in a city hotel or in the Cruise ship

by RicardoBA Online Now Apr 6, 2013 at 6:25 AM

Just to correct some misinformation about the location of the cruise terminal;the large cruise ships dock at Puerto Nuevo. This cruise terminal is located closer to the Retiro bus terminal and not in a desirable area for walking. You should take a taxi from this location into the center of the city. The taxi ride is about 5 minutes to the center;10 minutes to Recoleta and 15 to 20 minutes to Palermo. The taxi's within the terminal area are controlled by one company so the prices tend to be higher than the regular city taxi's which charge by the meter. As an option you can walk out to the street and hail a taxi, but be careful in this area.
    During some hours the lovely shopping mall Galeria Pacificos which is located in the center on Ave Florida offers a free shuttle bus from the terminal to their mall, From here you are free to explore the city. The city's hop on/hop off yellow bus (www.bue.gov.ar) leaves close to this area.
    The terminal(Puerto Madero) which is mentioned above is where the Buguebus Ferry departs.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Buenos Aires