Travel Answers
Budapest Fovaros

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Budapest to Lviv in August 2014: Best ways to travel: Train or Drive?

Budapest Jul 9, 2014 at 7:59 AM

We are 2 American couples traveling through Central Europe and planning to from Budapest to Lviv, Ukraine in August 2014.

With the unrest in Ukraine I am a bit worried about travel but we have set our minds to go anyway and now looking for a good way to get there.

What is the preferable way to travel?

Would the Budapest-Lviv train be the only option? I know it is long trip - 15 hrs!

If so, which train# is it or maybe there is a name? Is there a special word for a sleeping coach? Are there are any coaches for 2 people in one?

The website for Hungarian railroads is difficult to understand to say the least.

Or would it be possible to hire a driver and rent a minivan in Budapest (or Lviv) to have someone drive us to Lviv?

Any help is appreciated!

Yana,
      Boston

more
    • magicpam's Profile Photo

Transport from airport to Best Western Hotel / Pest

Budapest Jul 15, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I will be arriving on August 30 approximately 4:00pm. I would like to know what is the best way to get to my hotel?

more

Two days in Budapest; what MUST I see?

Budapest Jul 15, 2014 at 8:11 PM

I will be visiting end of August; just had foot surgery so walking will be minimal. I would love to know what your suggestions are for what I absolutely must see/do. thank you!

more

Popular Budapest Fovaros Travel Answer Locations

Two days in Budapest; what MUST I see?

Budapest Jul 15, 2014 at 8:11 PM

I will be visiting end of August; just had foot surgery so walking will be minimal. I would love to know what your suggestions are for what I absolutely must see/do. thank you!

12 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Transport from airport to Best Western Hotel / Pest

Budapest Jul 15, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I will be arriving on August 30 approximately 4:00pm. I would like to know what is the best way to get to my hotel?

8 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 2:24 AM
    • Budapest to Lviv in August 2014: Best ways to travel: Train or Drive?

Budapest Jul 9, 2014 at 7:59 AM

We are 2 American couples traveling through Central Europe and planning to from Budapest to Lviv, Ukraine in August 2014.

With the unrest in Ukraine I am a bit worried about travel but we have set our minds to go anyway and now looking for a good way to get there.

What is the preferable way to travel?

Would the Budapest-Lviv train be the only option? I know it is long trip - 15 hrs!

If so, which train# is it or maybe there is a name? Is there a special word for a sleeping coach? Are there are any coaches for 2 people in one?

The website for Hungarian railroads is difficult to understand to say the least.

Or would it be possible to hire a driver and rent a minivan in Budapest (or Lviv) to have someone drive us to Lviv?

Any help is appreciated!

Yana,
      Boston

4 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 2:38 PM
    • Varkert bazaar

Budapest Jun 19, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Does anyone know if the redevelopment of Varkert bazaar is completed yet and if it is reopened to the public?

1 Answer Jun 19, 2014 at 9:21 PM
    • Ferenciek tere

Budapest Jun 18, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Could anyone please tell me if they have finished with the redevelopment works around Ferenciek tere, and also if the Parizsi Udvar is still accessible to the public?

1 Answer Jun 18, 2014 at 10:57 PM
    • cubeinthesky's Profile Photo

Getting into Budapest Clubs

Budapest Jun 10, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Hi there! I'm travelling to Budapest this fall and I'm a fat American woman, unfortunately. Do many Budapest clubs turn you away if you're not 'hot' enough or can pretty much anyone get in? Thanks for your help!

4 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 1:18 PM
    • Archie2013's Profile Photo

3days in Budapest

Budapest Jun 8, 2014 at 11:06 AM

I will be headed to Budapest, Hungary for 3 days in the summer. What are the highlights of the city? P,aces not to miss? Will travel with my 7 year old, and how do I get to Zaghreb cheaply after that?

7 Answers Jun 18, 2014 at 2:23 AM
    • Speaking English in Budapest

Budapest Jun 4, 2014 at 12:11 AM

How well do they speak English in Budapest?

7 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 12:15 PM
    • To sell one ticket first class ticket for 4th June 2014 from Budapest to Munich

Budapest Jun 2, 2014 at 12:45 AM

I would like to sell one first class ticket for HUF 11.000,- form Budapest to Munich. The date of departure 4th June 11:10 am, Budapest Keleti railway station, arrival 4th June 6:25 pm Munich. I bought it for the cheapest price, but I give a 20% discount for this price. If you are interested, please get in touch with me via e-mail: iszlaw@t-online.hu

1 Answer Jun 2, 2014 at 1:01 AM
    • Best things to do in Budapest

Budapest May 26, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Hello !
      I would like to go in Budapest in Sepember. Could you give me some advice and tell me places that I should absolutely see ? Moreover I'am still a student and I don't want to spend to much money. Is the life expensive over there ? And is this an hostel you advise me in particular ?
      Thank's a lot

5 Answers May 27, 2014 at 3:07 PM
    • travel time

Budapest May 25, 2014 at 7:09 PM

my flight is early morning after a river cruise on atp boat how long does it take to get to airport and rough cost please

3 Answers May 25, 2014 at 8:31 PM
    • Ancsa's Profile Photo

where is the contact address?

Budapest May 23, 2014 at 11:37 PM

How and where can I get Virtual Tourist flag? Thanks, Anna

2 Answers May 24, 2014 at 10:34 AM
    • Appartement

Budapest May 20, 2014 at 5:20 AM

Hi,
      Me and my girlfriend want to go to Budapest and stay there for 4 or 5 days.
      Can anybody please help me.
      We are looking for a appartement an can pay about 40 Euro a night.
      The appartement should be downtown!
      Thanks a lot for your answers,
      greets,
      Max

2 Answers May 21, 2014 at 4:25 AM
    • London to Budapest.

Budapest May 15, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Need someone to drive me from London to Budapest and want to know how much it will cost for the whole trip.

6 Answers May 17, 2014 at 12:27 AM
    • Cheap trips from Budapest

Budapest May 9, 2014 at 6:17 AM

Hey all!

I heard that a friend of a friend manage to do trips from all over Eastern Europe with prices around 8€/10€... Where can I find prices like this?! I specially wanna go to croatia, poland, germany, romenia (transylvania), slovakia, czech republic, vienna... (i mean, everywhere!)
      Hours and hours inside of a bus or a train aren't a problem for me :) I just want to travel the much as possible, since I'm going to stay in Budapest for the next 4 months!

The many trips, the better! :)

12 Answers May 23, 2014 at 7:16 AM
    • From the airport

Budapest May 6, 2014 at 11:56 AM

what is the best way to get from the airport to the center without too much cost or hassle

11 Answers May 6, 2014 at 10:46 PM
    • Deli Train Station ATM?

Budapest May 4, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Is there an ATM machine in the Deli train station? If not, could anyone direct me to the nearest ATM machine? I will arrive from Slovenia and need to exchange money in order to buy Metro tickets to get me to my hotel. Many thanks for any assistance!

5 Answers May 11, 2014 at 4:45 PM
    • 10 day loop advice

Budapest May 1, 2014 at 7:08 PM

We like to spend 2 to 3 days per location and not rush through life. Considering Vienna / Prague / Slovakia. We like outdoor activities, historical sites, music. Seems like 10 days is not enough. Would be very grateful for some different opinions to help us decide. Can we not book ahead and just do bed and breakfasts on the fly? July 3 to 13, 2014.

8 Answers May 4, 2014 at 8:01 PM
    • Car Rental

Budapest May 1, 2014 at 12:44 PM

I was wondering if I can rent a car in Budapest and drive it to Prague and leave it there. Essentially renting the car for one day. I understand that returning a car in a different city is a bit more expensive. I still think its a better route than taking a bus or plane though.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

6 Answers May 2, 2014 at 3:04 AM
    • Is there a direct flight to Split

Budapest May 1, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Is there a direct flight to Split

4 Answers May 2, 2014 at 10:20 AM
    • Nice restaurant for birthday

Budapest Apr 26, 2014 at 3:43 AM

Do you have any tips for a nice restaurant to have a birthday dinner? Priceworthy, not to expensive, but a "luxury touch" or familiar style would be nice. We'll go there in the middle of june so outdoors could be nice too. The birthday cake will be eaten at cafe New York, but I'm not sure if it's the best place for the dinner too?

7 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 5:57 PM
    • Restaurants near Erkel Theatre

Budapest Apr 26, 2014 at 3:35 AM

Next time I'll arrive to Budapest in the afternoon and have tickets for the Erkel Theatre at 7 pm. So I'm searching for a restarant near the teathere where we can have dinner before the shoe. Can´t remember I've been to a restaurant in this area so I'm glad for suggestions. Reasonabel prices please as I'm gonna pay for six..

3 Answers Apr 27, 2014 at 2:25 AM
    • Direct Flights

Budapest Apr 18, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I am thinking of flying from Budapest to Split on June 15 or 16. The only flights I have found involve extensive layovers. Are there any airlines that have a direct flight? I have done several internet searches and only come up with major airlines or airlines that have one or more connections.

9 Answers Apr 19, 2014 at 8:13 AM
    • ehlershardie's Profile Photo

Budapest to Dubrovnik via Split?? in Sept 2014 Any overnight trains in Sept?

Budapest Mar 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM

We are trying to get from Budapest to Dubrovnik late Sept. Cant find a train schedule for Sept. Also are there any overnight trains from Budapest to Split in Sept? Is it worth spending a day or 2 in Split or is there somewhere else we should visit on our way to Dubrovnik? Thanks, in advance!

9 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 12:17 PM
    • City Travel

Budapest Mar 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM

What is the best way to travel from BUD airport to Marriott Hotel at Chain Bridge?

21 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 11:14 PM
    • Rachel972's Profile Photo

Kövesi art collection

Budapest Mar 20, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I've seen an article about the Kövesi art collection, can this collection be seen in public? Where? We'll be in Budapest at the end of April.

3 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 1:17 AM
    • cheap accomadation

Budapest Mar 10, 2014 at 12:26 PM

I want to visit Budapest and stay there 3-4days. what is the cheapest way of stayin there? I there anybody who can inform me about Budapest ? thank you

9 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 11:25 PM
    • axmeg's Profile Photo

3 nights in Budapest

Budapest Mar 4, 2014 at 1:37 AM

i will be in Budapest for 3 night what the must tour i should take and places to visit thx

5 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 1:55 PM
    • rickmatthews's Profile Photo

Renting a car in Budapest

Budapest Feb 18, 2014 at 11:20 AM

My wife and I are going to rent a car in Budapest and drive to Zagreb. Of course I don't know Budapest and not excited about driving in a fairly big city and not knowing where I'm going. Where would the best place to rent a car to get on the highway to Croatia, i.e air port or down town.
      thanks
      rick

9 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 9:38 AM
    • codrutz's Profile Photo

Accomodation with free and safe parking

Budapest Feb 17, 2014 at 7:17 AM

I'm going to Budapest with my own car and I want to find a place to park it free like in a parking of the hotel or on the street like the locals, should be free overnight (it's about one night only).

From the following what would you recommend, given the area, as close to city center and as safety for the car:
      1. Metro Hotel
      2. Senator Apartments
      3. Vila Hotel Kristal
      4. Toscana Apartments

Other recommendations welcomed as long as it is a budget option (under €80/room, incl.parking and breakfast)

Thanks!

15 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 10:13 AM