Budapest

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Direct Flights

by Jkking Online Now Apr 18, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I am thinking of flying from Budapest to Split on June 15 or 16. The only flights I have found involve extensive layovers. Are there any airlines that have a direct flight? I have done several internet searches and only come up with major airlines or airlines that have one or more connections.

more
    • ehlershardie's Profile Photo

Budapest to Dubrovnik via Split?? in Sept 2014 Any overnight trains in Sept?

by ehlershardie Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM

We are trying to get from Budapest to Dubrovnik late Sept. Cant find a train schedule for Sept. Also are there any overnight trains from Budapest to Split in Sept? Is it worth spending a day or 2 in Split or is there somewhere else we should visit on our way to Dubrovnik? Thanks, in advance!

more
    • City Travel

by pennysue1 Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM

What is the best way to travel from BUD airport to Marriott Hotel at Chain Bridge?

more

Near Budapest

• Direct Flights

by Jkking Online Now Apr 18, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I am thinking of flying from Budapest to Split on June 15 or 16. The only flights I have found involve extensive layovers. Are there any airlines that have a direct flight? I have done several internet searches and only come up with major airlines or airlines that have one or more connections.

9 Answers Apr 19, 2014 at 8:13 AM
    • ehlershardie's Profile Photo

Budapest to Dubrovnik via Split?? in Sept 2014 Any overnight trains in Sept?

by ehlershardie Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM

We are trying to get from Budapest to Dubrovnik late Sept. Cant find a train schedule for Sept. Also are there any overnight trains from Budapest to Split in Sept? Is it worth spending a day or 2 in Split or is there somewhere else we should visit on our way to Dubrovnik? Thanks, in advance!

9 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 12:17 PM
    • City Travel

by pennysue1 Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM

What is the best way to travel from BUD airport to Marriott Hotel at Chain Bridge?

21 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 11:14 PM
    • Rachel972's Profile Photo

Kövesi art collection

by Rachel972 Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I've seen an article about the Kövesi art collection, can this collection be seen in public? Where? We'll be in Budapest at the end of April.

3 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 1:17 AM
    • cheap accomadation

by Euphrates Online Now Mar 10, 2014 at 12:26 PM

I want to visit Budapest and stay there 3-4days. what is the cheapest way of stayin there? I there anybody who can inform me about Budapest ? thank you

9 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 11:25 PM
    • axmeg's Profile Photo

3 nights in Budapest

by axmeg Online Now Mar 4, 2014 at 1:37 AM

i will be in Budapest for 3 night what the must tour i should take and places to visit thx

5 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 1:55 PM
    • rickmatthews's Profile Photo

Renting a car in Budapest

by rickmatthews Online Now Feb 18, 2014 at 11:20 AM

My wife and I are going to rent a car in Budapest and drive to Zagreb. Of course I don't know Budapest and not excited about driving in a fairly big city and not knowing where I'm going. Where would the best place to rent a car to get on the highway to Croatia, i.e air port or down town.
      thanks
      rick

9 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 9:38 AM
    • codrutz's Profile Photo

Accomodation with free and safe parking

by codrutz Online Now Feb 17, 2014 at 7:17 AM

I'm going to Budapest with my own car and I want to find a place to park it free like in a parking of the hotel or on the street like the locals, should be free overnight (it's about one night only).

From the following what would you recommend, given the area, as close to city center and as safety for the car:
      1. Metro Hotel
      2. Senator Apartments
      3. Vila Hotel Kristal
      4. Toscana Apartments

Other recommendations welcomed as long as it is a budget option (under €80/room, incl.parking and breakfast)

Thanks!

16 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 10:13 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Old cameras

by Turska Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 1:39 PM

We were in Budapest year ago before christmas. When we were walking to the big market hall, we passed a shop (I think it was at the same street as the hall, my husband disagrees) where they had old cameras in the window. I mean really old ones. I said I would love to have one, not to use, just to use as a decoration. Those were around 20 euros, many of them. Our budget was VERY low, and I said, I will forget it. I have talked many times after that, that I was an idiot to leave it there. Now we are going again week from now, and I do have my birthday at the trip. My husband wants to buy me the camera. Does anyone know this shop? I hope we will find it again.

14 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 4:46 AM
    • nebulaflash's Profile Photo

Airline recommendations

by nebulaflash Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Flying from Budapest to Manchester - what airlines are comfortable and reasonably priced. Any comments would be helpful. Thanks.

6 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 2:41 AM
    • nebulaflash's Profile Photo

Can anyone recommend good hotel in the city of Budapest

by nebulaflash Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 1:43 PM

We are looking for a good hotel in this city - clean and affordable. Thanks for your help and knowledge.

12 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 11:27 AM
    • Rachel972's Profile Photo

Opera tickets, Parliament tour

by Rachel972 Online Now Feb 6, 2014 at 1:07 PM

We'll be in Budapest for four days at the end of April. We'll want to go to the Opera, I saw the website for ordering tickets. Should I order a long time before the performance? We'll want good places to hear and see.

There's Figaro or Tosca in our time range. I hope and expect that the staging is traditional, I don't like classical Operas with modern staging.

We'll also want to make the Parliament tour, on a different day. Can the parliament tours be booked for the day when we go to order, or do we have to reserve days ahead?

10 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 5:57 PM
    • Stay in Budapest

by adiag91 Online Now Feb 6, 2014 at 9:23 AM

I will be arriving at keleti railway station; have to spend 3 nights in Budapest (traveling solo)
      Should I look for hostels in Keleti itself ? (Somebody pointed that keel tai isn't a good area to stay..is it true?)

Pls suggest places to visit.

2 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 3:19 PM
    • restaurants

by tamirbor Online Now Feb 4, 2014 at 4:11 AM

Hello,
      I would like recommendations for good local restaurants.
      Thank you
      Boris

9 Answers Feb 6, 2014 at 2:38 PM
    • AllieK's Profile Photo

Budapest to Ljubljana

by AllieK Online Now Feb 3, 2014 at 2:25 AM

Hi!
      I am traveling from Budapest to Ljubljana on the 30th of March and am trying to find out my mode of transport.

I purchased a eurail ticket and the timetable says zia Zagreb. Though when I type my search into the eurail timetable or bahn it's coming up you have to go zia Austria with as many as 8 changes!

Could the websites just be stuffing up, or does anyone know if the zia Zagrab service is still running if so, how many changes is it?
      Or is there direct bus routes between to two places to make it simpler?
      I tried orangeways and I think there may be, but my computer isn't to great at translating...

Any help or suggestions would be great!

10 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 1:19 PM
    • qzaman's Profile Photo

How Early can I print Wizz Air boarding passes

by qzaman Online Now Jan 31, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Hello fellow Vter's

I am flying into London Heathrow on March 29th at 11.30AM and then directly going over to Luton airport to go to Budapest by Wizz air at 8PM.

I have booked Wizz Air and opted fpr Web Checkin.
      I won't have any way to print boarding passes at Heathrow
      or Luton (I assume).

Question is: how soon can I print the boarding passes?
      I could print them on March 28th when I am leaving Phoenix
      but the time will be more than 24 hours to Wizz Air flight.

Any advice?

many thanks.

5 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 5:01 PM
    • How much will I need?

by Bigredapple3 Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Hi

I'm planning a 4 day trip to Budapest in March and was wondering how much I would need to take with me to cover food, travel and sightseeing? Will be staying in budaorsi. Please help. Thx in advance

4 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 11:32 AM
    • rickmatthews's Profile Photo

Budapest to Belgrade via train

by rickmatthews Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 4:16 PM

After spending a few days in Budapest (in June) my wife and I are planning on making our way to Montenegro via rail and stopping in Belgrade for a day or so on our way. It it true that it takes 9 hours to Belgrade? Also how low would it take me via rail to Montenegro from Belgrade? We plan to rent a car in Dubrovnik and drive back to Budapest. We have just over a month to complete the trip.
      Thanks
      rm

5 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 9:51 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Cafes and public transport

by Turska Online Now Jan 11, 2014 at 5:13 PM

We are going to Budapest to celebrate my birthday with group of friends. Some questions:

-We have been to Cafe Gerberau, and we really didn´t like it! Worst service ever, maybe we were not dressed "right" or maybe the place really is overrated as we think and we don´t even think the cakes were any better than at other places. It was years ago, and now when we went to Budapest last year, we couln´t find those places we liked more at our earlier visit. So can you suggest any cafe at the centre with good selection of cakes, not oo small (we are 7 people, and would be nice to be able to sit closely together when having "a bithday cake" (everyone can choose what they want) and less pompous service.

-We have never used public transport at Budapest (exept that funicular to the Buda castle), because we love to walk. Now we have one of my friends, who is having troubles with her knees. We might need to use some public transport even if we hate it..We have only 2 and half days, so we will only see the main sights (we, my husband and I, are the only ones who have been there allready). Witch sort of public transport would be the best? I don´t even remeber is there trams, or buses or both.. (that I can find with google, but witch would be easiest to use).

-Is Buda labyrinth now open (at february), and if it is, I hope it is not a hard place to walk for her?

Thanks allready!

p.s.Do we find these delicious "buns" in february, or are they only sold at christ,as time? This one at photo we had near Fishermans bastion, and we have talked our friends about these things. They would love to try it. Another thing we liked was langos, but they wasn´t as easy to find last year, as in 2006. Only ones we saw at market hall were looking more like deep fried pizzas with too many toppings.

32 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 2:11 AM
    • halikowski's Profile Photo

Kovesi art collection?

by halikowski Online Now Jan 6, 2014 at 8:01 AM

Western papers/blogs are full of reviews of the newly uncovered Kovesi art collection: for example, hungarianspectrum.wordpress..... But none of them say where one can visit the collection. Can anyone help?

1 Answer Jan 6, 2014 at 9:40 AM
    • party on weekdays in Budapest?

by glazer3 Online Now Dec 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Hello! I'm going on a 4day trip to Budapest with some friends. What are the best places to party on monday, thuesday and wednesday in Budapest?

Thank you!

4 Answers Dec 27, 2013 at 7:49 AM
    • Information on historic building in city center

by charlie.rosenberg Online Now Dec 18, 2013 at 7:30 AM

Can anyone provide some history on the building that appears in this photograph at 25 Belgrad rakpart?
      dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...
      I am especially interested in the meaning of the figures.

Please reply to charlie.rosenberg at gmail.com

Thank you!

• Tanos's Profile Photo

visiting budapest

by Tanos Online Now Dec 3, 2013 at 2:58 AM

hey there, me and 2 friends are coming to visit budapest this weekend. we're from France and Italy, but live in Berlin. Would be nice to meet people from Budapest and see not only touristic places, in the day and night. If you guys would like to spend some time with us and hang out just write me :)

1 Answer Dec 4, 2013 at 2:09 PM
    • beeena1's Profile Photo

taxi phone number

by beeena1 Online Now Nov 28, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Can you recommend any taxi company we can call.its better if we can contact them by email first.
      They should be able to speak english
      Thnx

5 Answers Nov 30, 2013 at 3:40 AM
    • Danube water level?

by herbshopgirl Online Now Nov 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Hello,
      We will be starting a river cruise in Budapest this Saturday. Hoping you can help with a few questions:
      how is the water level on the Danube right now?
      how close is the Christmas market to the Chain Bridge(on Pest side)?
      Thank you!!!!

11 Answers Nov 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM
    • Ferihegy Teminal 2 to Keleti pu.

by pickaboo Online Now Nov 12, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Do I have any chance to arrive in time (1h 50 min) from Ferihegy2 to Keleti pu. and also to pick up my ticket and seat reservation at train station ? All of this on the 21st of December !

10 Answers Nov 13, 2013 at 1:10 AM

how to reach aqua world

by beeena1 Online Now Nov 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM

We will be coming to budapest from train frim vienna.how to reach rada resort aqua world from the train station by bus.
      Also how much would taxi charge.

Ive read that there is free shuttle from city centre to aquaworld in that case how to reach city centre and where to find the bus

3 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 4:08 AM

hotel with baby sitting and also dance floor in budapest

by beeena1 Online Now Nov 9, 2013 at 8:39 AM

My son is 2 n half.i want a hotel where we can leave him at night and go to dance club with my husband.

So a hotel with a dance floor and also baby sitting.

if possible should be middle range price vise

1 Answer Nov 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM

night life in budapest

by beeena1 Online Now Nov 7, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Hi. Me n my husband want a romantic night out.i want to ask you about dancing club.i want one that is safe as we are indians and have see some commemts on websites about some incidents.also im a newbee to dancing.so some place where crowd is friendly and enough dancing that I can join without feeling self conscious.better if there are no strip girls as that feels really embarressing for me.
      What is the best time to go.is weekday busy enough or all clubs are empty on weekdays.
      We will b going in late nov.early december

2 Answers Nov 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    • First trip to Budapest

by justom Online Now Nov 5, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Hi everyone! :)

I'm going to visit Budapest with my friends in a couple of days. We arranged the most important things like hostel and transport. Can you help us and answer to below questions?
      1. We're staying at the Allcentral Hostel and my question is: where are the nearest supermarkets and grocery shops?
      2. Where is a good restaurant in which we can eat tasty meals in a good price?
      2. Which taxi is the cheapest (if you are able, please give me the name, phone number etc)
      3. Which kind of public transport is the best (costs, speed)?

Thank you for help ;)

6 Answers Nov 7, 2013 at 12:52 PM