Budapest

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cheap correction glasses

by depart76 Online Now Nov 25, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Does anyone know about discount correction glasses in Budapest ? This city is known for its excellent and cheap dentistry, is it the same for correction glasses ?

more
    • Train proces to Deva, Romania

by marcovgarcia Online Now Dec 20, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Where can I book train tickets to Deva, Romania, from Budapest?
      What are the average prices for an overnight train ?

more
    • Short stay in Budapest

by marcovgarcia Online Now Dec 20, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Hello.

Next March I will be arriving around noon at Budapest airport and will take a train to Romania at 11PM.

What should i go see in these very short hours I will have?

Can I leave luggage at the Keleti train station?

Thank you very much

more
    • Train proces to Deva, Romania

by marcovgarcia Online Now Dec 20, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Where can I book train tickets to Deva, Romania, from Budapest?
      What are the average prices for an overnight train ?

2 Answers Dec 20, 2014 at 12:05 PM
    • Short stay in Budapest

by marcovgarcia Online Now Dec 20, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Hello.

Next March I will be arriving around noon at Budapest airport and will take a train to Romania at 11PM.

What should i go see in these very short hours I will have?

Can I leave luggage at the Keleti train station?

Thank you very much

4 Answers Dec 22, 2014 at 3:15 AM
    • Cheap correction glasses

by depart76 Online Now Nov 25, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Does anyone know about discount correction glasses in Budapest ? This city is known for its excellent and cheap dentistry, is it the same for correction glasses ?

• lesliench's Profile Photo

Budapest to Prague night train 31/12

by lesliench Online Now Nov 13, 2014 at 6:23 AM

Is it available for booking the night train from budapest to Prague at 31/12/2014 online?
      I had tried several online system but all the replies are not available.
      I just wonder if there are night train from budapest to prague at 31/12 ?

9 Answers Nov 17, 2014 at 5:26 AM
    • o_henna's Profile Photo

11 days trip from Vienna

by o_henna Online Now Nov 11, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Please help me plan a trip for any europe destinations...where by we can take a car and visit places, stay over in quaint places, we are from india, and are used to walking a lot, have interest in art, culture, nature. The trip starts on dec 31st 2014.

7 Answers Nov 16, 2014 at 4:04 AM
    • Christmas fairs in November

by Marcel.Ardelean Online Now Nov 7, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Hi,

We booked our tickets to Budapest and rented a flat a few weeks ago in order to visit the Christmas fairs from Budapest this year. A lot of websites stated that (at the time we made our reservations) the fairs will be opened this year from 15th of November until the last days of December. But, when we checked those websites a few days ago they stated another date (the 27th of November) as the date of the opening of Christmas fairs. We will be in Budapest from 20-23 of November 2014. Is there any chance that the Christmas markets will change the opening dates again to earlier ones? Will there be any crafts or Christmas decorations to see and buy in that period?

4 Answers Nov 10, 2014 at 3:29 AM
    • roserosada's Profile Photo

Budapest to Timisoara

by roserosada Online Now Nov 6, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Which is the best way to travel from Budapest to Timisoara, Romania? If by train, can you provide a link? A flight through Lufthansa takes me back to Munich which I do not want to do. Any recommendations?

4 Answers Nov 7, 2014 at 6:42 AM
    • I need to find a friend in Budapest

by ncrawford88 Online Now Nov 1, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Several years ago, a friend and I were traveling to Eastern Europe, including Budapest. Before we left for our trip, I found a small church on the Internet that was supposed to have a fabulous collection of icons. Since my friend is an iconographer, we went to visit. I was looking in the keyhole (the church was closed) when a woman came up to me and said something in Hungarian. I assumed she was asking what I was doing there, so I said “Ikona” and mimed that my friend painted ikona. She left, returned with the priest who opened the church and Maria took my friend, Jan, around to each icon and explained who/what each icon was about. After the tour in the church, she invited us to her apartment, next door, for coffee. We joined her for coffee and spent a fabulous hour with Maria. Unfortunately, we had to get back to the hotel (for our last night dinner) and couldn’t stay any longer. The greatest part of all this is that neither Jan nor I spoke or speak Hungarian, and Maria didn’t speak English, but we managed to communicate with each other, from the heart, with pictures, an atlas, smiles, books, etc. Maria is a portrait painter. As I recall, the church is on a street next to the River and there is a short wall across the street from the church. _____River______ --------Wall---------- =====Street==== ------XXX-church----- There was a bridge across the river about a block away (facing the church, the bridge was on the right). Jan and I are visiting Budapest again in June, 2015, and would love to reconnect with Maria, if at all possible. I have looked all over the Internet and cannot find that church again,nor do we know her last name or address, so I am reaching out for help. Would you be able and/or willing to try to track down Maria, or would you know of someone who could help us? Please let me know if you know of anyone who could help. Thank you so very much. Best regards, Nancy Crawford & Jan Farrell Albuquerque, New Mexico (505) 881-9108 Jlfnac88@msn.com

6 Answers Nov 2, 2014 at 1:45 AM
    • Best hostel area

by Helen-91 Online Now Oct 26, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I'm going to Budapest 11-14th December with 7 of my friends. I'm looking to book a cheap hostel, in an area with busy nightlife and close to the main attractions and wanted to know which area is best? Also hoping to visit done Christmas markets during the stay! Thanks for any help :)

4 Answers Oct 27, 2014 at 3:27 PM
    • Opondili01's Profile Photo

cheapest accommodation in Budapest next summer for students

by Opondili01 Online Now Oct 6, 2014 at 10:34 AM

We are two young female african students, we will be transiting through Budapest to Vienna around 18 july 2015 our stopover in Budapest will be for 2 to 3 days before we head to vienna and on our way back from vienna 3 days around 10 aug before we hit our final destination Lviv. We would like someone to offer us a cheap accommodation for those dates.

our journey by train
      18 july lviv to budapest
      21 july budapest to vienna
      9 aug vienna to Budapest
      12 aug budapest to lviv

1 Answer Oct 6, 2014 at 11:10 AM
    • Payphones in Budapest

by KrisB16 Online Now Sep 17, 2014 at 9:25 AM

I was wondering how much it costs to make a local call from a payphone to another local Budapest number. And what is the procedure? I read that it's as simple as just dialing the 7-digit number, but as soon as I get the first 5 digits typed in, it stops me and goes into a recorded error message. Is there some trick that I missing?

1 Answer Sep 17, 2014 at 10:46 AM
    • district viii

by tricia1949 Online Now Aug 4, 2014 at 12:54 PM

I've come across a private apartment for rent from december to april at 40 jozsef utca in District 8. The price is very reasonable -- it is a sublet while the owner is in the U.S. I have read as much as I can find about District VIII and it sounds like an interetsing place? Do you know the area in the proximity of the address? I'm 65, working on a book. Speak english only.

8 Answers Dec 10, 2014 at 9:49 AM
    • hollyftns's Profile Photo

Népliget Bus station to Petőfi Bridge

by hollyftns Online Now Jul 29, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Hello,

Could anyone please help me and tell me how to get to "Petőfi Bridge" (9th district) from the bus station "Népliget"
      by the public transport. (Metro/Tram/Bus etc.)

Thank you in advance,
      Any help is really appreciated!

Best regards,

2 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 12:21 AM
    • jimirving's Profile Photo

Football in Budapest

by jimirving Online Now Jul 27, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Hi, any local football fans that can give me some advice on watching games in Budapest ? I am a keen fan and would be interested in watching as many games over a weekend as possible in all divisions, not just the top league. Are matches played on different days and different kick off times to enable me to see as many games over a weekend - including a Friday and Monday if games are played on these evenings ?

1 Answer Jul 28, 2014 at 7:55 AM
    • how much walking is there

by Beachv Online Now Jul 25, 2014 at 2:00 PM

My husband and i are limited in walking great distances and we will be there during late November and early December What would you suggest to see while we are there for a 2 day stay?

3 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 10:43 AM
    • Embroidered Peasant Blouse

by CazzaMarazza Online Now Jul 22, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Hi,
      Would like to purchase a white Mayto Peasant Blouse. Was recently in Budapest and saw many in the Great Market Hall and Shops. Wondering if anyone knows a contact that I could order one. I have a disappointed daughter who really wanted one .... Oops !!!

6 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 9:19 PM
    • magicpam's Profile Photo

Two days in Budapest; what MUST I see?

by magicpam Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 8:11 PM

I will be visiting end of August; just had foot surgery so walking will be minimal. I would love to know what your suggestions are for what I absolutely must see/do. thank you!

12 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 11:35 AM
    • magicpam's Profile Photo

Transport from airport to Best Western Hotel / Pest

by magicpam Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I will be arriving on August 30 approximately 4:00pm. I would like to know what is the best way to get to my hotel?

8 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 2:24 AM
    • Budapest to Lviv in August 2014: Best ways to travel: Train or Drive?

by BostonYK Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 7:59 AM

We are 2 American couples traveling through Central Europe and planning to from Budapest to Lviv, Ukraine in August 2014.

With the unrest in Ukraine I am a bit worried about travel but we have set our minds to go anyway and now looking for a good way to get there.

What is the preferable way to travel?

Would the Budapest-Lviv train be the only option? I know it is long trip - 15 hrs!

If so, which train# is it or maybe there is a name? Is there a special word for a sleeping coach? Are there are any coaches for 2 people in one?

The website for Hungarian railroads is difficult to understand to say the least.

Or would it be possible to hire a driver and rent a minivan in Budapest (or Lviv) to have someone drive us to Lviv?

Any help is appreciated!

Yana,
      Boston

4 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 2:38 PM
    • Varkert bazaar

by fneeb Online Now Jun 19, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Does anyone know if the redevelopment of Varkert bazaar is completed yet and if it is reopened to the public?

1 Answer Jun 19, 2014 at 9:21 PM
    • Ferenciek tere

by fneeb Online Now Jun 18, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Could anyone please tell me if they have finished with the redevelopment works around Ferenciek tere, and also if the Parizsi Udvar is still accessible to the public?

1 Answer Jun 18, 2014 at 10:57 PM
    • cubeinthesky's Profile Photo

Getting into Budapest Clubs

by cubeinthesky Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Hi there! I'm travelling to Budapest this fall and I'm a fat American woman, unfortunately. Do many Budapest clubs turn you away if you're not 'hot' enough or can pretty much anyone get in? Thanks for your help!

4 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 1:18 PM
    • Archie2013's Profile Photo

3days in Budapest

by Archie2013 Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 11:06 AM

I will be headed to Budapest, Hungary for 3 days in the summer. What are the highlights of the city? P,aces not to miss? Will travel with my 7 year old, and how do I get to Zaghreb cheaply after that?

7 Answers Jun 18, 2014 at 2:23 AM
    • Speaking English in Budapest

by fneeb Online Now Jun 4, 2014 at 12:11 AM

How well do they speak English in Budapest?

8 Answers Oct 11, 2014 at 8:11 PM
    • To sell one ticket first class ticket for 4th June 2014 from Budapest to Munich

by iszilagyi Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 12:45 AM

I would like to sell one first class ticket for HUF 11.000,- form Budapest to Munich. The date of departure 4th June 11:10 am, Budapest Keleti railway station, arrival 4th June 6:25 pm Munich. I bought it for the cheapest price, but I give a 20% discount for this price. If you are interested, please get in touch with me via e-mail: iszlaw@t-online.hu

1 Answer Jun 2, 2014 at 1:01 AM
    • Best things to do in Budapest

by P-p Online Now May 26, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Hello !
      I would like to go in Budapest in Sepember. Could you give me some advice and tell me places that I should absolutely see ? Moreover I'am still a student and I don't want to spend to much money. Is the life expensive over there ? And is this an hostel you advise me in particular ?
      Thank's a lot

5 Answers May 27, 2014 at 3:07 PM
    • travel time

by clawlor Online Now May 25, 2014 at 7:09 PM

my flight is early morning after a river cruise on atp boat how long does it take to get to airport and rough cost please

3 Answers May 25, 2014 at 8:31 PM
    • Ancsa's Profile Photo

where is the contact address?

by Ancsa Online Now May 23, 2014 at 11:37 PM

How and where can I get Virtual Tourist flag? Thanks, Anna

2 Answers May 24, 2014 at 10:34 AM
    • Appartement

by MaxS44 Online Now May 20, 2014 at 5:20 AM

Hi,
      Me and my girlfriend want to go to Budapest and stay there for 4 or 5 days.
      Can anybody please help me.
      We are looking for a appartement an can pay about 40 Euro a night.
      The appartement should be downtown!
      Thanks a lot for your answers,
      greets,
      Max

2 Answers May 21, 2014 at 4:25 AM
    • London to Budapest.

by EmekaRobert Online Now May 15, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Need someone to drive me from London to Budapest and want to know how much it will cost for the whole trip.

6 Answers May 17, 2014 at 12:27 AM