Budapest Travel Answers

change location

Best area for apartment

by clams Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 3:18 AM

Hi. This is our first visit to Budapest for my 60th birthday! We will be staying for four nights at the end of May and would prefer to stay in an apartment. I would appreciate help on which is the best area to stay - I have seen nice apartments in District 5, 6, 7, Castle area or MOMs area. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • monicarc's Profile Photo

Re: Best area for apartment

by monicarc Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 8:34 AM

We stayed in an apt at 13 Belgrad rakpart, not sure which district it was but a great location by everything along the daube

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • fischert's Profile Photo

by fischert Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Hi,

If you choose Pest side to stay all the mentioned districts are OK, although disctirct 6 and 7 has some outer part which is a bit far from a lot of places. So I'd suggest to stay inside or close to the "korut" (Margaret bridge-Szent Istvan korul-Terez korut-Jozsef korut-Ferenc korut).

Budapestian, Tamás

• Re: Best area for apartment

by clams Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Thank you for your replies. I have seen a very nice apartment very near to the shopping centre. Would that be too far out do you think?

• fischert's Profile Photo

by fischert Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Which shopping center do you mean?
    Westend? What is the name of the street?

• kay0674's Profile Photo

by kay0674 Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM

We have stayed in several apts in Budapest. Our favorite location is close to the Margit Bridge. The area is up and coming and may not look as polished as some others but we never felt threatened or in any danger. The # 2 tram ends almost at the apt building door and the # 4 and 6 trams have a stop on the corner. We rented from Golden Stars apts. It is Tomas' smallest apt and while we found it too small for a 4 wk stay, it would be perfect for a few days. We got month long transportation passes but also walked everywhere. This apt is close to the Parliament building. Grocery stores, pharmacy, ATM, restaurants, coffee shops are all close by. And you can walk to the WestEnd Center.

• cobrioc's Profile Photo

by cobrioc Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Best Bet for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUDAKESZI most beautiful green-green location only 15 minutes to Budapest bell center! let me know if interesting I will provide you more informacion!

• lynclarke's Profile Photo

by lynclarke Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Can I tag on to this question? We plan on going to Budapest next year. We like to stay in an apartment (one or two bedroom, 80Euro/night) away from the center- we do not like the noise of the city streets and bars at night. I would rather get a good night sleep, maybe have a balcony or yard, and still use public transportation to get into the city (?10-15 minute) ride. Do you have suggestions for an area for us?

• Re: Best area for apartment

by aquarian_k Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Hi Lyn

We stayed in Liszt Ferenc Ter (square) named after the famous composer, District VI. The square is diagonally opposite Oktagon station, which is a short ride to the city centre.It backs onto famous Andrassy Ave at one end, so is easily located. The square is filled with restaurants, and many attractions are accessible by short train/bus connections. Budapest younger people all speak good English and are very helpful in answering questions. It's easy to goodle 'Liszt Ferenc Ter' and find an apartment to rent. We paid 240 euros for 4 nights.

1 member found this helpful

• lynclarke's Profile Photo

by lynclarke Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Thanks for your suggestion. That gives me a great place to start! I am just now studying the map and trying to get oriented. We will do a week in Prague and then a week in Budapest (or vice versa)

Again, thanks.

• cobrioc's Profile Photo

by cobrioc Online Now May 11, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I strongly recommend go to BUDAKESZI most beautiful place to stay. 20 minutes into city .i have refer. you if you interested?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Budapest