Budapest Travel Answers

change location

Thermal bath query

by RaginiPai Online Now Jan 22, 2013 at 8:08 PM

My husband, 10 year old daughter and myself will be in Budapest in March 2013. Are children allowed in thermal baths...if so which one is the best for families? Please advice itinerary for 3 days to cover all best attractions.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • muratkorman's Profile Photo

Re: Thermal bath query

by muratkorman Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Children are allowed with parent supervision. The bath you should not miss is Szecheny Fürdö. There is a big outdoor hot pool and it also has indoor pools. You can check my Budapest page for details on this thermal bath and other such as Gellert and Rudas. If you have 3 full days, you can spend a day in castle area visiting Matyas Church, Fisherman's Bastion and castle. You can visit Heroes Square, Andrassy street, Cathedral, Parliament and Margit Island in another day. And for the last day, you can visit some museums. If you take a look at my Budapest page, you will find many things to do tips to help adjust your itinerary. Also my restuaqrant reviews will give you some good advices on local food options. Enjoy Budapest :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • white_smallstar's Profile Photo

by white_smallstar Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Hello!

Budapest, the "City of Spas" has several thermal baths both public thermal baths and private thermal spas established in some luxury hotels.
    Some of them are very very beautiful buildings in different styles (Turkish style for Rudas and Király Baths , Art Nouveau style for the Gellért Baths and so on).
    In my opinion, Murat suggested you are the best ones.

Take a look at the opening hours as some of them have days reserved only for women or only for men.

*Nico*

• Re: Thermal bath query

by alnahdaresort Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 4:40 AM

Yeah! you can enjoy with your family and i am naming some best place to visit in Budapest.

Buda Castle
    Szechenyi Chain Bridge
    Fisherman's Baston
    Saint Stephen's Basilica

by RaginiPai Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Thank you all for the great tips. I was confused by some websites which stated that children below 14 cannot go to the thermal baths.

• omehes's Profile Photo

by omehes Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Apart from the above mentioned ones, also visit the Terror háza (House of Terror) which is a museum dedicated to victims of fasism and communism in Hungary (on the famous Andrassy ut). Also, MUST SEE places are the magnificent buildings of Cafe New York (VII. Erzsebet korut 9-11 | District 7) and Gerbaud cukrászda (Gerbaud cakery) on Vörösmarty tér. Of course, children are allowed in both :) And perhaps take a ride on the first mainland Europe metro (underground or subway). And enjoy an evening walk across the many bridges of Budapest :)

by aquarian_k Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 5:12 AM

Hi, I might be too late to advise now, but my favourite walk is across the Sabodsag Bridge, close to the Market, and up Gelliart Hill (across the road from famous Gelliart Hotel), up to the Liberation Monument, a 14 m high statue. From there you get an outstanding view of Pest. You can continue to walk down the other side, after viewing the WW11 citadel and buses are available from there back to the city.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Budapest