Buckingham Palace

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• staying at london gatwick

London Jul 11, 2014 at 5:50 AM

hi,,,anyone have a clue with regard to whats best to get for a party 0f 3 ad 1child....we are in london for a sat/sunday in october.....we will need to go gatwick/victoria...then tube it round london for both days....is it best to get a travel card?...or buy non express gatwick/victoria rail and use oysters for the tube?

more
    • Transfer at T2: Do i need to go through border control (immigration control)

Heathrow Yesterday

Hi, I'm Vietnamese citizen and I've a german permanent residence permit. I'm flying with BA from Munich, Germany to Seoul, Southkorea via London. My inbound flight will arrive at terminal 5 and outbound flight will also depart at T5. Do I have to pass through the border control or Immigration control. Do you know if I need a Transit visa?

thank you very much in advance for your answer!

more
    • Short Transit

Heathrow Jul 15, 2014 at 7:34 AM

I,m traveling from Milan to Heathrow with my wife she is continuing on after our arrival but I,m staying in London. Her flight does not depart for three hours after our arrival, can she get through customer as I need to exit to collect luggage so I can't stay airside. Are there any other options ?

more
    • Security clearance time

Heathrow Jul 12, 2014 at 7:27 AM

I am travelling on a domestic flight from Hrathrow T5 to Edinburgh next week at about 5pm. How long is security clearance taking at the moment?

more
    • ThamaraSD's Profile Photo

Afrobeat music in London ?

London Jul 6, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Hi everyone, where can one find concert venues or clubs that plays Afrobeat or similar music in London ? Thank you so much for your help .

more
    • Baggage transfer

Heathrow Jul 16, 2014 at 6:46 AM

If I buy a ticket from leeds to Hong Kong via Heathrow will my luggage be transferred automatically between flights. The leeds flight lands at terminal 3 and the hong kong flight leaves from terminal 5.

more
    • Heathrow in the evening - Passport Control

Heathrow Jul 2, 2014 at 7:40 AM

I will be arriving into Heathrow Terminal 1 at 8:10 PM (20:10 PM). How long should I plan to clear passport control? I am not a European citizen.

more
    • Victoria Coach station to Gatwick

London 18 hours ago

What are the options for getting from Victoria Coach Station to Gatwick ??
      Fastest ??
      Cheapest ??
      etc
      thanks

more
    • Wheelchair assistance

Heathrow Jul 17, 2014 at 9:15 PM

I have been told that wheelchair assistance can only be obtained at a counter in the landing area, not brought directly to the plane. Does anyone have experience with requesting a wheelchair at Heathrow? I will be arriving on a Delta flight from the US. Thanks, Kriti9

more
    • daisy1970's Profile Photo

Check in at Heathrow T2

Heathrow Jul 11, 2014 at 4:00 AM

With the new guidelines for electronics and flying to the US, should we allow more than three hours to be at heathrow before flight or three hour window sufficient?

more
    • Bally "Baljinder" Chohan

London Jul 1, 2014 at 4:11 AM

What is the easiest way to reach London from India?

more
    • Transferring at Heathrow Terminal 2 / need to go through passport control?

Heathrow Jun 30, 2014 at 9:11 AM

GF is a Thai citizen with a US 10 year visa. Flying TG to Heathrow Terminal 2, one hour layover and then on to Air Canada also flying from Terminal 2. Single ticket, baggage checked through. Does she need to go through passport control, or can she stay airside?

more
    • Different arrival times.

Heathrow Jul 17, 2014 at 2:19 PM

We are travelling with a group of people and are arriving at different times to Heathrow..my question is.. where is the best place to wait for someone 3 hours after you arrive? We arrive at terminal 3 and they arrive terminal 1?

more
    • 24-hour Cafes Near Victoria station?

London Jul 12, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Are there any 24-hour cafes near Victoria Station in London? If so, what are their names?

more
    • I am looking to buy 15 umbrellas for London's rain

London Jul 8, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Hello guys :)

I need to buy 15 umbrellas that can protect good from the rain, something strong that lasts. . . Of-course the price should be. best. Do you know in which shop will i find what i need ?

Asaf

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

International Cargo shipping

London Jul 6, 2014 at 1:46 AM

I need to ship few boxes part of my travel from London to Chennai, India. I wanted to know reliable authorized shipping companies from London who will take care of documentation, shipping, customs and delivery. Can I get some names and websites please?

more
    • Arriving Heathrow 7:00am T4--how busy is it and best way to get to T1

Heathrow Jul 5, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Hi--
      My daughter and I are arriving Heathrow T4 at 7:00 am; no checked luggage but have a separate (not through-ticket) flight to Edinburgh from T1. I didn't realize we needed so much time to transfer and we only have 2:15 minutes to transfer, and now I am panicking in reading these posts...
      How busy is Heathrow at 7? I know we have to go through immigration control and then go out to get transportation to T1; we will be sitting near the front of the plane and should be able to get off fairly quickly.
      We are flying in on Delta and our Edinburgh flight is Virgin Atlantic (they are partners now), but booked separately.
      Even though not officially "connecting"--if we have no luggage and are checked in and have a boarding pass can we get on the connector busses? . or do we need to get on the Heathrow express?
      Thank you for any advice in navigating this as quickly as possible.

more
    • Metting family in Layover time

Heathrow Jun 29, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Hi,

My sister is travelling from USA to Mumbai via London. She has a layover of 6 hrs at Heathrow airport. I would love to meet her as i haven't meet her from last 3 years. She cannot come out as he does not a UK VISA. Will it be possible for me to meet her some how. I am allowed to meet the passenger during their layover time inside the airport ? Please let me know its very important and urgent.

Thank you

more
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

Things open New Year's Day?

London Jun 27, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Just wondering, are any of the following open New Year's Day--Harrods, liberty of London, serpentine grill, pret a manger? Thanks......

more
    • mccaw's Profile Photo

Best location to book hotel

London Yesterday

We have three people going to London from 3/10/14 to 6/10/14, the question I want to ask is Where is the best place to book hotel in London?
      We wanted to stay somewhere that is close to transport with easy & fast access to the Central London.
      We have a budget of Aud$400 for 3 nights for three of us.
      If more cheaper accomodations are bit further away from C. London.
      What are the costs of transports to take us there?
      Thank you.

more
    • Travel around London with an overnight trip to Liverpool

London Jul 7, 2014 at 8:50 AM

I am meeting my partner in London as he is already there for a conference. I am traveling with his mother who is originally from England but has not been home in 43 years. Walking at times can be difficult and she is taking a walker with her. What are the best options for the following:
      Travel from Heathrow terminal 4 to Canary Warf area
      Travel from Canary Warf area to Liverpool
      Travel from Liverpool to Heathrow Terminal 4

We also plan on using the Tube for 4 days of sight seeing while in London prior to going to Liverpool. Sights I know we will be seeing are the London Eye, on/off bus tour for starters.

more
    • Day passes for Underground London

London Jul 2, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Hi, would like to understand the underground & bus in London. I will be staying in London for 5 days near St Pancras in November. My queries:
      a) how much is the day pass?
      b) can i use it for the metro, bus & underground?
      c) will i save if is buy day pass or 5 day pass?
      d) can i get the day pass from Heathrow?
      thanks

more
    • 241 offers vs. booking online prior to arrival

London Jul 1, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Hi, going to be in London with 2 kids (young teens) during last week of July. Wondering benefit of booking tickets ahead at Hampton Court, vs. using the 241 option when there. I'm not interested in saving a few dollars if it means we need to stand in line for an hour. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

more
    • Is tube travel safe with family after 10pm

London Jul 19, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Is tube safe to use when travelling with kids on evening or should I use a cab ? Which phone apps are the best ones to use to book a cab.
      We are travelling back from theatre to Greenwich hotel on a Tuesday night.

more
    • Two names on passport and e-ticket, tied name on booking ba.com

London Jul 14, 2014 at 11:32 AM

My first name in the passport is "Oliver Norbert".
      I've bought my e-ticket at an agency and they printed it out.The name is perfectly spelled,as it is in the passport I carry.
      Upon arriving home and accessing my booking on the official site of British Airways I have noticed that the name on the booking is "Olivernorbert". Is this a problem or will it cause any problems during or after the on-line check-in process or at the airport?If the answer is yes,then who should I contact in connection to this issue.
      Thank you very much.

more