Buchs

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Gimmelwald

Gimmelwald Feb 16, 2015 at 12:50 PM

How do I reach Gimmelwald from Zurich? What r the places I can visit from Gimmelwald?

more
    • Wine tasting

Lugano Feb 8, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Hey! I will be visiting Lugano in early April and wanted to do a wine tasting or wine tour. Any recommendations?

more
    • First week in May

Grindelwald Yesterday

I'm flying into Milan on May 4th and heading to Grindelwald on the 5th. Are there going to be restaurants open and also decent hiking conditions? Thanks Chris!!!

more
    • train travel from Lucerne to Basel

Switzerland Feb 25, 2015 at 3:21 PM

We are travelling to Switzerland in April. We wish to travel from Lucerne to Basel on the train via Montreux or Berne, We would welcome input as to which is the better option. We have all day to make this journey. Thanks for any help we can gather.

more
    • Gimmelwald

Gimmelwald Feb 16, 2015 at 12:53 PM

How do I reach Gimmelwald from Zurich? What r the places I can visit from Gimmelwald?

more
    • SIghtseeing in Interlaken with Elderly parents

Interlaken Feb 10, 2015 at 10:31 AM

I wonder how much walking is involved in Interlaken. I am traveling with my parents. My mother cannot walk for more than 250-300 metres. We will be visiting lakes and gardens with her. Generally I rent car to take her around. But it seems Switzerland is different. I see that most people recommend to use public transport in Interlaken and to visit nearby for sightseeing. But that would mean lot of walking after being dropped from bus or train. Are taxis readily available? Any suggestion to plan this travel will be appreciated.

more
    • Travelling

Switzerland Feb 22, 2015 at 2:19 PM

Dear travellers,
      Please help fellow traveller!
      I am a graduating student of swiss hospitality school currently doing my dissertation. I would appreciate you clicking on the link bellow to fill in a small (13 questions, 5 minutes max) questionnaire about luxury perception.
      Thank you in advance!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/V7VHDLL

more
    • Holiday in Switzerland & Heidelberg, Germany

Geneva Feb 8, 2015 at 5:02 PM

My family (2 seniors, 2 adults, 2 kids) will be arriving in Frankfurt airport from Malaysia on 30 May early morning. We plan to take a direct train from Frankfurt to Geneva on the same day.

My queries are as follows:-

1. Is it cheaper and better to buy the DB bahn tickets for Frankfurt - Geneva or use the swiss pass?

2. We will be staying in Geneva from 30 May - 3 June (4 nights). We plan to buy the 8 day swiss pass.

Then after that, we will be going to Grindelwald for 5 nights.

We will leave Grindelwald early morning on 8 June (maybe make a stop in Spiez) to Heidelberg.

Should I use the swiss pass from Grindelwald to Basel, then buy a train ticket to Heidelberg. If I buy SBB, do I get a discount (with my swiss pass) for Basel-Heidelberg.

Or should I not use the swiss pass and instead buy a direct train ticket? This is because on our last day, we won't have much time to visit museums and do much.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused .

Thanks so much for your help!

Warmest Regards.

Elaine & family

more
    • europe20146's Profile Photo

Wengen or Lauterbrunnen for base?

Wengen Feb 25, 2015 at 5:02 AM

Hi. I am planning our Eurotrip with my mom and one of our stops is Switzerland. I am torn whether to stay in Wengen or Lauterbrunnen. Based on my research, Wengen is higher than Lauterbrunnen. But aside from that, which do you think is a better base for 6 days?

Also is 6 days too much? If we stay in Wengen, id there like a day pass for the train going up and down?

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!

more
    • BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Short layover sufficient?

Zürich Mar 2, 2015 at 4:07 AM

I'm flying on SWISS and there's a short transit in Zurich airport. Though there's a fast train from the airport, is a 3 hour layover enough time to visit Zurich city center or should I just not risk it and hang around at the airport? Thanks

more
    • Jasonconga's Profile Photo

Hitchhiking from Buchs to Chur?

by Jasonconga Online Now Nov 3, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Hi guys,
      I want to go from Buchs SG to Chur on Friday around lunchtime. I will be walking/bussing from Liechtenstein to Buchs. I could take a train but it's only 40 minutes and maybe I could hitchhike there easily. Where should I stand to get a ride to Chur?

1 Answer Nov 3, 2009 at 12:26 PM