Buchs

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• “1 day in interlaken.. Itinerary help plz!”

Switzerland Jul 23, 2015 at 1:21 AM

My plan so far is to start the day at harder kulm, then go to the town of lauterbrunen and view the trummelbach falls there, then take a cable car to Murren and enjoy the views there (should I skip this), and finally return to river thun/brienz (which one should I opt for) for a boat ride.

more
    • “Zurich - travel card help - which one should we opt?!”

Switzerland Jul 23, 2015 at 1:17 AM

Hello. So we're a famy of 7, ( my parents, and us siblings aged 17, 16, 10, 8 and 2), and we'll be biding Switzerland from August 3 to August 7. Our trip is arranged through a travel agency so everything else is under their control but we have 2 days at leisure in zurich (aug 4 & 7)and one day at leisure in interlaken.

I'll just share some more info on our itinerary if that helps :)

Firstly, we'll be staying at hotel Leoneck.

August 4/7: For one of the days in zurich, we plan on visiting the Rhine falls (passing and stopping briefly at scaffenhousen on the way) and probably go for a boat trip on the falls. just Rhine falls for the whole day might leave us quite a few hours on our hands.. What would you suggest doing after the Rhine falls..? Also, when would be best to visit the Rhine falls?

August 6 (interlaken) : My plan so far is to start the day at harder kulm, then go to the town of lauterbrunen and view the trummelbach falls there, then take a cable car to Murren and enjoy the views there (should I skip this), and finally return to river thun/brienz (which one should I opt for) for a boat ride. (If I take interlaken ost as the starting and end point for my journey, how should I sequence the places?)

August 4/7 : we plan to go on a boat trip on lake zurich, old town (including the famous churches) Bahnhofstrasse, and lindenhof. (Is this too less for a whole day? Should we add more?)

We haven't got the cost of traveling from zurich to interlaken, that's under control of the agency..

So looking at this, what should we go with? 4 half fare cards for the parents and teens and the free Swiss family card seems like a nice option but I just checked the price after it becomes really costly then, so would it be better to go for a all zone ZVV card for the Rhine falls day and a a centre-only ZVV card for the other day? But in this case, would we have to get these cards for the children too? If so I might consider opting the junior travelcard.. One purchase is enough for both the kids (10, 8)? And how'd we manage reducing costs in interlaken then?

Oh and We've heard that the aufsehen festival shall be going on during those days? Is there anything special we should consider doing/seeing then?

Finally, please suggest some budget friendly ideas for gifts to get back home for family and friends from zurich!

more
    • Locations for Cheese Festivals in 2015

Meiringen Jul 15, 2015 at 1:45 PM

Is there a schedule out for September 2015 cheese festivals in the Meiringen area?

more
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

train fare comparison

Switzerland Jul 23, 2015 at 4:08 AM

I am trying to work out Swiss train fares, so that I can decide on whether a Swiss pass is for me. The SFF and Bahn.de sites do not seem to show prices.. I got 2 routes fares on Bahn.de only. ( Schaffhausen to Konstaz and Schaff to Chur ) I will be using the train about 5 times. Any help or ideas ? Thanks.

more
    • Advise on what to do around the interlaken area

Interlaken Jul 20, 2015 at 7:15 AM

Hello! My husband and i will be landing at Zurich airport at the end of August. We purchased the swiss travel pass so hopefully our journey will be easier. We will be landing very early in the morning and should reach interlaken via train at around 10:30am however we are only allowed to check in our guest house at 3pm. Just wondering what we could do in the mean time as i don't want to waste even a day. Could i also please have advice on where to eat as we are vegetarians and my husband is also allergic to eggs that is the reason we staying in a guest house so that we can cook some of our meals......it can get quite pricey eating out 3 times a day as well. We will be staying in interlaken for 3 nights so any other suggestions of places to visit will be much appreciated.

more
    • buses card and tickets

Montreux Jul 18, 2015 at 7:25 AM

Hello I am a teen ager over 16 and will live in Montreux for 15 days which is the cheapest bus ticket or pass to buy?
      Thank you

more
    • HerambK's Profile Photo

Titlis + Jungfrauch + Lake Lucern Boat tour - Cheapest option

Switzerland Jul 13, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Hi, We are 6 of us and we will be traveling by car in Switzerland.
      Our plan :
      1. Titlis Mountain - Rotair + Top - Direct Price - 89 CHF
      2. Jung Frau - from Lauterbrunnen to Top of Europe (Jungfrauch) - Good morning ticket - 135 CHF
      3. 1 Hour lake lucern tour - 25 CHF
      Total = 249 EUR

Is there any cheaper option?
      Like combined tickets?
      EU Rail or Swiss Rail pass are expensive than this.
      Tell-Pass do not cover Jungfrauch

Please help!

more
    • yavili's Profile Photo

Basel-Bern transportation

Bern Jul 13, 2015 at 1:39 AM

Hi. Do you recommend train or bus to go from Basel to Bern? Trains seem to be pretty expensive! Would bus ticket prices be similar?

more
    • yavili's Profile Photo

Basel-Bern transportation

Basel Jul 13, 2015 at 1:38 AM

Hi. Do you recommend train or bus to go from Basel to Bern? Trains seem to be pretty expensive! Would bus ticket prices be similar?

more
    • Pradeepmash's Profile Photo

Lucerne/Lauterbrunnen to Venice Overnight Train Travel

Switzerland Jul 1, 2015 at 1:15 AM

Hi all,

Can someone suggest me what is the best train option to go to Venice?
      Lucerne to Venice? or
      Lauterbrunnen to Venice?

I will be travelling on evening of Aug 22, 2015 and wish to arrive in Venice by next morning with least number of changes.

Can someone give me a detailed train plan (train times, station names, where to change trains etc.) and corresponding train prices. Also, link me the corresponding websites from where I can make the bookings.

Thanks in advance :)

more
    • Including a 3 day layover in Zurich. Surcharge on Swissair?

Zürich 1 hours ago

I am planning on flying Swissair from Boston to Rome in October. The flight from Rome changes planes in Zurich on the return. I would like to break the trip to visit a friend who lives about 50 miles from Zurich for a 3 day layover and then pick up the flight sequence to Boston after the 3 day visit. Will Swissair allow that or make me pay a surcharge? Do I need a visa to leave the airport? I carry an USA passport.

more
    • where to propose in lugano?

Lugano Jul 25, 2015 at 6:57 AM

Staying at the Villa Sassa in Lugano and need to quickly discover a romantic secluded place to propose, she has already warned me never to do this in a restaurant or in front of other people hence the secluded requirement.
      I went into town down by the lake today and thought that i would discover somewhere appropriate and I have not.... any recommendations?

more
    • best time for travelling to switzerlanf

Switzerland Jul 9, 2015 at 4:06 PM

Hi. I am planning to visit Switzerland for 2 weeks either during autumn (end of Sept -Mid Oct) or Spring (end May-mid June). I am interested in scenic locations, blue skies, bautiful hills, lakes & much raved about countryside. Would like to get suggestion which is the major attractions areas & when is the best time to capture scenic landscape

more
    • How is the weather like in July end to pack

Saint Moritz Jul 6, 2015 at 11:08 PM

Hi,

We are going to stay at Pontresina for three nights. What kind of clothings we must consider to stay comfortable. We understand it could be cool. Kindly advice.

Best wishes. .

more
    • Advise on booking tickets in advance for excursions.

Interlaken Jul 4, 2015 at 8:12 AM

we intend to travel to switzerland on 18/7/15 for 4 days and wish to visit mt. Titlis and Jungfrauouch, do we need to book these excursions in advance? your suggestions will be much appreciated.

more
    • Can I see Mont Blanc from Geneva?

Geneva Jul 4, 2015 at 4:04 AM

I'm travelling to Switzerland for a month in September. I am hoping to see as many Mountains as possible on my trip. I get to spend a day in Geneva and I want very much to see Mont Blanc but I don't have time on the tour to do a separate day trip to Mont Blanc. Can you tell me if I can see Mont Blanc and where is the best place to see the mountain.
      Any replies would be wonderful. Thanks

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Hotel in Bern

Bern Jul 16, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Hallo my friends. Any idea of a decent budget hotel in Bern? Or an apartment. We are 3 adults arriving by car.

more
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

Train Chur to St Moritz

Chur Jul 11, 2015 at 1:12 PM

Do the Bernina express and the Swiss Rail trains travel the same route, if different ,would be possible to do a day trip , using one and returning on the other. Thanks .

more
    • museums, sightseeing budget

Basel Jul 19, 2015 at 3:51 AM

We are planning daily trips to Basel,Bern and Zurich for 2 people and I am trying to make a budget plan for the museum and attractions, so my question is how much I should write to the attractions section of our budget plan?

Thank you

more
    • Restaurants: Switzerland vs. America

Switzerland Jul 1, 2015 at 2:16 PM

How do you think the restaurant experience in Switzerland is different than in America?

more
    • the Centovalli railway.(Swiss) ...by car?

Locarno Jul 26, 2015 at 10:49 AM

I'll be travelling the lakes area and Dolomites in Italy. From Verbania on maggiore lake we had in mind touring a day the Locarno area. Verzasca valley, Locarno - madonna del sasso, cardada, cimetta, and at last do the Centovalli road from Locarno To Sta Maria Maggiore, and then rerturn to Verbania. I thought I had to do it by train...and wait...and go back and forth. Then I read somewhere that it is possible to take that road by car too... .Is this correct? Is it the same view? Is it very hard to drive? or very dangerous? This way it's quicker to see the places on the way without waiting for the train on each stop, and we can travel back from Sta Maria de maggiore and not having to go back again to Locarno . I didn't find it in any book or article, but people wrote they have done this and that it's a good idea. What do you say about this option?

more
    • Best Cheap travel Insurance

Switzerland Jul 12, 2015 at 6:51 AM

Hi. Im planing to make a trip for 22 days from Sydney Australia to Zurich in October anyone know any good Travel Insurance?
      Thanks a lot.

more
    • payment methods

Switzerland Jul 8, 2015 at 2:33 AM

We are going to Switzerland for a longer period of time this summer, and naturally, want to avoid having to buy too many Swiss franks.
      When travelling, we usually try to pay as much as possible with our (Spanish) visacards.
      We have run into problems about this in Germany, Austria, and Northern Italy where supermarkets and other shops would not accept foreign cards.
      Does anybody know what this is like in Switzerland?
      Many thanks!

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

General questions

Switzerland Jul 22, 2015 at 1:54 AM

Hallo my friends.
      1.We are travelling in Switzerland in September and we will be staying at the Ibis budget chain hotels. I have read in various reviews that they might not have adaptors for german type plugs (which is what we use here in Greece). How do you think we can have one?
      2.We will be travelling between the cities by car and we were planning to use the GPS but I have read that a problem had occured with travellers avoiding road cameras with the use of GPS (or sth like this) and that there were some restrictions in using GPS. Is it so? Is this a general rule now or only in some cases?
      Thank you very much.

more
    • Jasonconga's Profile Photo

Hitchhiking from Buchs to Chur?

by Jasonconga Online Now Nov 3, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Hi guys,
      I want to go from Buchs SG to Chur on Friday around lunchtime. I will be walking/bussing from Liechtenstein to Buchs. I could take a train but it's only 40 minutes and maybe I could hitchhike there easily. Where should I stand to get a ride to Chur?

1 Answer Nov 3, 2009 at 12:26 PM