Bucharest

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• question about pitesti romania

Pitesti Dec 18, 2014 at 5:28 AM

is pitesti safe for muslim man ? and how much the rent and cost of liveing ?

and how much salary if someone work any thing ?

i am male 28 from egypt thinking to vist romania and maybe stay if its nice

more
    • Transylvania Itinerary Suggestions

Romania Dec 5, 2014 at 6:59 AM

We will be arriving in Bucharest and departing from Budapest in May and would like to get from one to the other seeing the main sites (towns, castles, etc) in Transylvania. This would be using public transportation. Currently, it seems that we would have at least 15 days just for Transylvania. Suggestions for an itinerary are welcome.
      Thank you.

more
    • Guest friendly hotels boulveard magheru

by ShontrashA Online Now Nov 11, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Hi All

I am coming to bucharest for a short holiday any hotels or apartments in magheru boulveard where i can bring friends back to my room

• Bucharest - Skopje

by RoxanaE Online Now Oct 15, 2014 at 6:49 AM

Hello! I want to travel from Bucharest, Romania to Skopje. I found out how to get from Bucharest to Sofia, but I would like to know more about the buses from Sofia to Skopje (where can I take them from, the time table, if I can buy tickets there, how long is the distance between railway station to the bus station)
      Thank you!:)

1 Answer Oct 15, 2014 at 7:19 AM
    • Harry1973's Profile Photo

Pubs In Bucharest

by Harry1973 Online Now Sep 19, 2014 at 3:57 AM

Are there any pubs/bars close to the Dacia Hotel for a good night out.

2 Answers Sep 19, 2014 at 8:30 AM
    • Harry1973's Profile Photo

Waiting atthe Airport

by Harry1973 Online Now Sep 17, 2014 at 6:57 AM

I arrive at Bucherest airport at 1pm and will be meeting friends who where due to arrive at 3pm. There flight has been changed and will now arrive at 8pm.
      Any suggestions for putting in time at the airport?
      Thanks

8 Answers Sep 18, 2014 at 7:04 AM
    • babuvin's Profile Photo

holidays In romania

by babuvin Online Now Sep 6, 2014 at 11:35 AM

We are reaching Bucharest for a very short holidays (4 days) . I am planning for A city tour one days and 3 days short tour on some scenic or historic places. What are the must see places in Romania? and any guidance on tour operators.

5 Answers Nov 5, 2014 at 11:13 AM
    • Jingol's Profile Photo

Liquor market on Bucharest ?

by Jingol Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 5:17 AM

Hi
      Which store is best for buy spirits in Bucharest ?
      Alcohol store for buying Whiskey or Vodka original brand
      Any help would be much appreciated

1 Answer Aug 18, 2014 at 7:53 AM
    • Jingol's Profile Photo

Romanian Leu rate ?

by Jingol Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Hello
      How much difference between maximum and minimum rate Euro exchange to RON in Bucharest ?
      I seen some country that above 15% rate between bank and money changer!
      I know fluctuates, I want know, Has it many fluctuates ?
      Its seem 1 Euro = 4.44 Romanian Leu now
      If there is very much different between commercial money changers and banks,
      Where is best rate change € at Bucharest ?
      Thanks in advanced

2 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 8:02 AM
    • river travel

by RossnLyn Online Now Aug 13, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Now I have a better grip on our tour...Is there a ferry/boat service from Rousse/russe(?) to Constanta or near by ie. the Black Sea coast? and then public transport from the coast to Bucharest?

2 Answers Aug 14, 2014 at 5:11 PM
    • Buying train tickets

by joeatgss Online Now Aug 12, 2014 at 12:03 PM

My plane doesn't get into OTP airport until after 8 pm. Am I going to be able to buy a ticket at Bucharest Gara Nord when I get there sometime later?

1 Answer Aug 12, 2014 at 9:13 PM
    • what to visit

by anothertour Online Now Aug 8, 2014 at 9:39 PM

where to stay ? any precautions moving around town? language spoken?

2 Answers Aug 12, 2014 at 4:17 AM
    • animsoc's Profile Photo

Sports items

by animsoc Online Now Jul 25, 2014 at 3:32 AM

I think I'll win the, "Most bizarre question ever asked on VT" award with this one. (lol) But seriously, I want to know if I can buy a wiffle bat in Bucureşti. Yeah .. strange question. :))) I was thinking a place like Cora might have it? Store with a little bit of everything? I don't know if baseball is played or recognized in Romania but, wiffleball is similar only with plastic bats and balls.  I'll upload a pic.

Anyway, I'll be arriving in early September so, got a month to figure this out.  :p  Thanks again!

~ John

3 Answers Jul 27, 2014 at 7:47 PM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Car rental

by tracyskf Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 7:04 AM

I will be arriving at Bucharest and departing Bucharest - will spend about 1.5 weeks touring Romania and have a rough itenary already.

I don't plan to drive in Bucharest but plan to rent a car to explore the cities - for about a week, then return the car and explore Bucharest via public transportation.

Any good recommendation on car rental company and is it easy to drive and navigate around from city to city?

5 Answers Jul 27, 2014 at 10:54 PM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

2 days in Bucharest

by tracyskf Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 7:02 AM

What are the must see in Bucharest and how should I plan out to maximise these 2 days?

2 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 10:07 PM
    • FridgeMagnet's Profile Photo

Airport bus ticket

by FridgeMagnet Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Where can I buy an airport bus ticket? I want to get bus 780 from Gara de Nord. I lost the ticket they gave me when I arrived.

8 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 5:49 AM
    • AVIS HOTEL BUCURESTI

by bulina84 Online Now Jun 7, 2014 at 1:11 AM

AVIS HOTEL FROM ROMANIA, IT' CLOSE TO THE NATIONAL AIRPORT HENRY COANDA?? THANK YOU

2 Answers Jun 7, 2014 at 12:16 PM
    • Hourly or napcab style accommodations at OTP or in the city?

by pandawithapassport Online Now May 21, 2014 at 10:58 PM

I'm landing at 2am, and will have luggage in hand and 36 hours until my next flight. Since hotel check in tends to be around 11am, are there any short term solutions for the 8-9 hours so early in the airport?

3 Answers May 30, 2014 at 12:22 PM
    • firemanphil's Profile Photo

Football viewing in Bucharest

by firemanphil Online Now May 20, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Our group will be visiting Bucharest in June this year for four nights to celebrate one of our parties 60th birthday.Several of us have been to Bucharest many times before and therefore know our way around reasonably well and it is likely that our evenings will be spent enjoying the sights and sounds of Lipscani .
      However on our first night there it transpires that England will be playing Uruguay in the World Cup, and as most of us are avid footy fans, we are anxious to find a suitable venue where we can watch the match in a good environment. If any of our Romanian friends can therefore recommend anywhere we would be very grateful. Multsumesc!

RATB Activ card recharge

by animsoc Online Now Apr 20, 2014 at 4:53 AM

Hey all! I'm just 10 days from my 3rd trip to Bucureşti, România and have a question about the RATB. I'm going to take bus 783 from the airport to Piaţa Unirii and then catch a tram to Pantelimon. I still have my Activ card but not sure how much is on it still. Is there a place at Henri Coanda airport where I can add funds to it? I tried online but for some reason was unable to. Mulţumesc!

6 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 8:44 PM
    • Please, give me an advice ...

by florauramergea Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 8:03 AM

Hello,
      I will travel from 1 June 2014 in Greece Paralia Katerini resort, but I go there with Express International Line bus. It is going from Bucharest to Athens. The bus does not go directly in Paralia Katerini. I will get down near the town of Katerini at Olympus Plaza station.
      How can I get to Paralia Katerini from Olympus Plaza- bus ? I think that taxi is expensive...I will have baggage...is very hard!!!....what is the price of a normal bus ticket from Katerini to Paralia Katerini? per person...
      Thanks a lot ! Flory

3 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 11:38 AM
    • Wool shops

by Vizzie Online Now Mar 18, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Is there anywhere in Bucharest I can buy wool for knitting.

1 Answer Mar 23, 2014 at 7:52 AM

NEED HELP FAST! Please!

by animsoc Online Now Jan 17, 2014 at 3:56 PM

This is gona sound like a weird question but, where can I buy some Christmas tree lights in Bucharest like, NOW?

Explanation: I packed my Christmas tree and came to Bucharest to celebrate a late Christmas with printesa mea. But tonight as I was setting it up .. all the lights on it blew! I think it was the difference in voltage/amperage. So anyway, I need to get some new lights now! Anyway know where I can find some? Va rog! Si .. multmuesc mult!

2 Answers Jan 18, 2014 at 6:37 AM

Traffic going from the airport to the city center

by animsoc Online Now Jan 14, 2014 at 11:20 PM

The last time I was in Bucuresti, I got a ride from Otopeni to the hotel in Pantelimon. Traffic was HORRIBLE along 1/E60 so the driver turned off on Soseaua de centuri and we FLEW all the way to 3. Is this typical traffic for vineri around 1500? I'm trying to decide whether to go to the hotel first (it's near Unirii) or pick up Cosy first and THEN go there. If I go to the hotel, shower and change, it might be 1800 before I can get to pick her up and I remember traffic at that hour in the city center was a disaster. Any recommendations? Mersi!

~ John

7 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 4:48 AM

Airport Wifi

by animsoc Online Now Jan 3, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Hello all! Well, it's been 2 years but I am headed back to Romania! :)) Something that goofed me up last time was not having a phone to use. So I wanted to ask if there's a way to get a cheap prepaid phone maybe at the airport or something? I don't need much .. just something to text with. I have a smartphone but it's not on the same frequency as Europe. I do have skype on it but obviously that only works with an internet connection. After arrival, I'm going to pick up the rental car and go straight to pick up Cosmina and just need to let her know that I'm on the way so maybe, if there's dependable wifi at Otopeni, I could use skype from there to send an SMS to her phone? We could figure out a phone later I guess. I seriously don't remember what wifi was like there when I was there in 2012 .. or if there were prepaid phones for sale.

Any info is appreciated. I leave in 2 weeks! Can't wait!!! :D

~ John

11 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 11:15 PM
    • piniy's Profile Photo

Bucharest - Otopeni airport night taxi

by piniy Online Now Nov 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Will be living Minreva hotel to Otopeni airport on November 27 flight scheduled 06:00 AM gruop of 4. Therefore need a taxi at 03:00 AM. Is it a problem order cabs by night from hotel? Night fare?

5 Answers Nov 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

Souvenirs in Bucharest??

by philosykos Online Now Oct 2, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Where in BUcharest can I find some souvenirs like fridge magnets...t- shirts..postcards etc???Many thanks!

5 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 7:53 PM
    • long term accomodation

by dpkouk Online Now Sep 5, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I am about to relocate in Bucharest and I am looking for any links to rent a flat without using a real agent.

Thank you

Dimitrios

3 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 6:23 AM
    • fsulaw's Profile Photo

need help on airport transfer

by fsulaw Online Now Sep 4, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I have read numerous articles about transferring from Bucharest AP to downtown, but I am totally confused. I need to transfer 2 people from the Airport to the train station (express bus 780), and then back from downtown to airport (express bus 783). What ticket/tickets do I need (one or two each direction?), how do I get them, and can I pay by credit card? Please be as specific as possible as I understand nothing is in engish.
      Mary Jane

10 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 9:35 PM
    • bogomil's Profile Photo

Express bus?

by bogomil Online Now Aug 28, 2013 at 1:04 AM

I understand that 783 and 780 are "express" busses, so do I need to buy a special ticket for them and if yes from where and how much is it?

5 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 8:55 AM
    • nimmos's Profile Photo

Restaurants near Athenee Palace Hilton ?

by nimmos Online Now Aug 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM

We will be staying a couple of days in September at Athenee Palace Hilton. does anyone have any recommendations of reasonably good, reasonably priced restaurants within easy walking distance.

5 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 7:39 AM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

A few questions about Bucharest/Romania...

by philosykos Online Now Aug 25, 2013 at 3:15 AM

What are some of the local products as far as foods..drinks..cosmetics that are good to buy for souvenirs and own use?? I try to steer clear of very touristy stuff.

Also can bottled water be easily found out and about? I do not know if they have kiosks on streets with water and as we do here in Athens.

Where can stamps be found besides post office?

Many thanks!

15 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 7:18 AM