Bucaramanga Travel Answers

change location

Is it safe?

by Macky5 Online Now Aug 16, 2003 at 7:29 PM

i was just wondering how safe it is for americans in Bucaramanga?? thanks for the help!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • gfinesilver's Profile Photo

Re: Is it safe?

by gfinesilver Online Now Aug 22, 2003 at 12:12 AM

cities in colombia are in general much safer than the countryside. that being said, my best advice is that you not appear that you have money. americans are not necessarily targeted for kidnappings; rather it is people who look rich, colombians and foreigners alike. i know plenty of people who travelled in colombia with no problems, myself included. if you stay in bucaramanga, try and find out quickly where the good and bad neighborhoods are. i don't think that city is too dangerous, but i do know an elderly colombian who was kidnapped near there and held for 2 years (he was driving a mercedes) if you plan to travel within the country, air is the safest way to go for obvious reasons. if you decide otherwise, make sure to stay informed. read the newspaper daily and talk to people. colombia is an amazing and beautiful country and can be enjoyed with caution. may i ask the nature of the trip? i was offered a job teaching english in bucaramanga. any more questions, feel free to ask

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gfinesilver's Profile Photo

Re: Is it safe?

by gfinesilver Online Now Aug 22, 2003 at 12:14 AM

i just saw your other posting and am much relieved. if you are with friends, you should be fine.

• ANNIELOPEZ's Profile Photo

RE: Is it safe?

by ANNIELOPEZ Online Now Oct 12, 2005 at 8:49 PM

how was your trip to Bucaramanga ??

ANNIE

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Bucaramanga