Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Answers

change location
rickd11's Profile Photo

Must see, must do in Bryce.

by rickd11 Online Now Aug 8, 2009 at 6:36 AM

We (myself, my wife, and two kids .... 19 and 21) have one day in Bryce. We plan getting up for the sunset, what else is a must see? I know there are many.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • vtveen's Profile Photo

Re: Must see, must do in Bryce.

by vtveen Online Now Aug 8, 2009 at 7:52 AM

I highly recommend walking into the canyon. We loved the combination of the Queens Graden Trail and the Navajo Loop with the so called 'Wall Street', you are walking between the fantastic hoodoos. See my pic: flickr.com/photos/vtveen/271...

Further drive along the viewpoints and just enjoy the scenery.

happy travels
    Jaap

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Segolily's Profile Photo

by Segolily Online Now Aug 8, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Bryce is a fairly easy park to see in one day. Drive to the end of the road to Rainbow Point. Take the 1 mile Bristlecone Pine trail. Then on the way back stop at the various viewpoints along the way. Drive over to Paria and then Bryce Points. Drive to Inspiration Point, take the steep hike to the highest point-well worth it. Then drive to Sunset Point and take the suggested Navaho Loop/ to Queen's Garden hike. If you are fast hikers you could add in the Peekaboo loop at the bottom completing what is known as the figure 8 or B loop. Come up Queen's Garden and take the Rim trail back to Sunset.
    Besides the Sunset be sure to spend some time out after it is full dark to see the stars. (Unless there is a full moon).
    The gift shop at Ruby's Inn is one of the best, take some time to browse through it.

The Mule rides through the park are very popular. If you would rather ride than hike then take the half day trip. canyonrides.com/bryce_canyon...

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

by travelgourmet Online Now Aug 8, 2009 at 6:42 PM

You must eat true americana at Ruby's Buffet located on the edge of the Park. they have a real tourists gift shop with a lot of stuff. Stuff is the only word for it, but worth seeing. Eat there before the tour buses arrive to avoid long lines. See website: rubysinn.com/restaurants.htm...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines