Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Answers

change location

Road Conditions from Zion ,Bryce ro Grand Canyon end of Dec

by cindybindi Online Now Oct 25, 2005 at 5:29 AM

Hi

we planned a trip from Vegas to Grand -Canyon from Dec14 until Dec 19 , we rent a car but I would like to make sure roads especially between Zion-Bryce and Grand Canyon are ok to drive usually ? Could you tell me if some are closed because of the snow or anything?
If someone can give me information I would really appreciate it

thanksss

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • WinInZion's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Road Conditions from Zion ,Bryce ro Grand Canyon end of Dec

by WinInZion Online Now Nov 30, 2005 at 5:56 AM

You should have no problem from Las Vegas to Zion to Bryce. They are all major roads. The North Rim of the G.C. is most likely going to be closed. Keep in mind that the lodge at Bryce is closed and all facilities at the North Rim are closed.

Zion remains open and I'd recommend you base yourself in Springdale. By the way, I think you can get some good rates at the local hotels.

If you can't do the North Rim try Coral Pink Sand Dunes and Kolob Reservoir Rd thru parts of Zion may still be open.

Win

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mikehanneman's Profile Photo

RE: Road Conditions from Zion ,Bryce ro Grand Canyon end of Dec

by mikehanneman Online Now Dec 4, 2005 at 6:56 AM

Check road conditions first before leaving. Zion shouild be OK - but ask the people who live around Bryce and they will tell you they still have like a foot of snow in mid APril. Very high elevation. Just check ahead.

The road to the North Rim is closed since like late October. I have taken the drive around the south rim of the Grand Canyon like 4 times. It is a long way and the road conditions could be a bit tricky if the weather is rough. You could swing from Zion/Bryce to Kanab and run over to Page (Lake Powell) and check out the Antelope Canyon and then proceed to see Monument Valley on the way to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. Just because it is the time of year that it is please check road conditions.

Be careful and have a good trip. At least you are allowing enough time so that more than most people do!

Mike

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines