Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Answers

change location
wendyjol's Profile Photo

2 full days in Bryce

by wendyjol Online Now Mar 31, 2004 at 12:03 AM

We will be spending 2 full days in Bryce coming July. We are travelling with two kids (9 and 11). We would like your suggestions how to spend these two days in Bryce. We like hiking (not too long, as it will be hot). We also want to do the junior ranger program. What are the things we must do ?? Thanks for your help. Wendy

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Emmjai's Profile Photo

Re: 2 full days in Bryce

by Emmjai Online Now Mar 31, 2004 at 12:16 AM

You'll have a great time! A) the heat isn't too bad because of the altitude, 70's maybe 80 b) there are loads of trails, of different lengths, you'll easily find ones to suit. The sunrise and sunset trails are best done at the beginning and end of day respectively since the light is best c)we've not done the junior ranger prog at Bryce, but have elsewhere, and they are usually great. my 9 (at the time) year old loved it Have a good time, and see my vt pages, Bryce is one of my favourite places, period!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Ischyros's Profile Photo

Re: Re: 2 full days in Bryce

by Ischyros Online Now May 5, 2004 at 9:42 PM

As mentioned, don't worry about the heat. Bryce Canyon doesn't get very hot unlike some of the other desert parks in Utah. I would recommend maybe taking a horseback ride into the canyon. Most of the trails go down into the canyon and, while short, require quite a climb to return and having a horse do all the work is so much easier. :-) Also, if you drive to the end of the main park road to Rainbow Point, hike the 1 mile Bristlecone Pine trail. It leads to the highest point in the park and is a level, easy trail. From the cliffside you can see for 100 miles on a clear day and that area is considered to have some of the cleanest air in the country!

• mikehanneman's Profile Photo

RE: 2 full days in Bryce

by mikehanneman Online Now Apr 30, 2005 at 10:44 AM

Bryce is like 9,000 feet so the heat shouldn't be too bad.

Hike the trails like Wall Street - make sure and get a map and go to the vistors center.

I don't know where you are coming from but Zion is only like 60 miles away snd is quie spectacular too. You might want to look into that as a possiblity too - we just drove through but I was quite impressed. A shuttle bus will take you up 8-10 miles into the canyon.

Have fun and be careful.

Mike

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines