Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Answers

change location

Sept. road trip. Zion, Bryce, Grand

by NashvilleRich Online Now Jun 18, 2003 at 6:29 AM

WE go to Las Vegas about every other month, and like to break up the trip with side trips. I would like to see Zion, Bryce and maybe go on up to Grand Canyon. Are motel reservations recommended at that time of year? We will be driving from LV and could spend 2 or even 3 days on this side trip. Any suggestions would be appreciated? Thanks, Rich

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • uk2usa's Profile Photo

Re: Sept. road trip. Zion, Bryce, Grand

by uk2usa Online Now Jun 20, 2003 at 3:58 PM

You will not have chance to see Zion Bryce and the Grand Canyon in 2-3 days unless you intend sitting in the car driving for the whole time. As you go to Vegas regularly do Zion and Bryce on one trip to the North East of Vegas and the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam to the South East on another trip. Apart from quiet times of year you will probably not get a place to stay within the parks if you do not reserve a place before you go.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cbear's Profile Photo

Re: Sept. road trip. Zion, Bryce, Grand

by cbear Online Now Jul 27, 2003 at 1:47 PM

If you travel from the west into Vegas, then you could consider taking one day to travel through Zions or Bryce and stay over in Page, Arizona. Then on your second day travel to the North rim (less crowded, more scenic, but it is open seasonally May-Oct.), then head back to Vegas and if you can travel back through the park you missed coming over (Bryce/Zions). Browse 'Navajo' on the VT search site.

• mikehanneman's Profile Photo

RE: Sept. road trip. Zion, Bryce, Grand

by mikehanneman Online Now Apr 30, 2005 at 10:51 AM

I don't know how much total time you have. You could leave Vegas and go through Zion in SW Utah - there is a shuttle that will take you uo into the canyon. If you travel to Bryce that will take you another 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get there. You might want to overnight in Bryce and check out the sunrise with the Hoodoos formations in the morning.

I would travel to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon next. Try to go down the Kaibab trail aways and enjoy a different view and feel of the canyon.

Look at the map and decide if you want to cut east by Haroer's ferry or go to Page, AZ where Lake Powell is. If I went there I would like to see Antelope Canyon - It's world famous. It might be75 each for the upper and lower canyons. It would be worth it. I think that would include a guuide (it is on and Indian reservation).

Look at your distances and time. It is tough to figure out because there is a lot to see and the roads are never direct so it takes more road time.

Have fun.

Mike

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines