Bryce Canyon Travel Answers

change location

Distance to Bryce Canyon

by ritaking Online Now May 15, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Could anyone tel me how far it is from south rim Grand Canyon to Bryce Canyon?
Could this be done via Monument Valley, If so how long would it take?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: Distance to Bryce Canyon

by travelgourmet Online Now May 15, 2010 at 12:05 PM

I would stay overnight near Natural Bridges National Monument, drive of over 4 hours from the south rim of the Grand Canyon, and then go on to Bryce Canyon the next day or two. Why drive such a long time to zip past all the natural and historical sites of Monujment Valley to get to Bryce. From Natural Bridges NP to Bryce Canyon is close to a 5 hour drive. The straight distance from the south rim of the Grand Canyon to Bryce Canyon is about the same at 5 hours and about 290 miles and you go through the scenic area of Marble Canyon. Why spend most of the day driving to get to Bryce, when a stop over lets you enjoy other areas.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Segolily's Profile Photo

by Segolily Online Now May 15, 2010 at 3:50 PM

My question is why do you need to get back to Grand Canyon? It isn't like that is a major entrance point, but more likely you'd be going to Phoenix or Las Vegas? That would change the drive.

Of course it is possible, but how much time do you have? It certainly cannot be done in one or even two days.

by Segolily Online Now May 16, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Sorry for the confusion,,, OP has another post in the Monument Valley forum asking about a round trip. I was responding to that.

by Segolily Online Now May 16, 2010 at 8:42 AM

And about the driving. A 10 hour drive from Grand Canyon south rim (with time to stop at the viewpoints along the east rim) via Monument Valley with time to stop and look at it is too long in my book for a one day drive, and would be much better accomplished in three or four (because I'd want to stop in Page as well.)

We weren't given a time frame. That would be nice to know.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

by travelgourmet Online Now May 16, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Ron, that's a good tip for the Cameron Trading Post near the Grand Canyon. The restaurant has great Navajo Fry Bread. A good motel in the Monument area is the Four Corners in Blanding. See their website: http://www.fourcornersinn.com/

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines