Brussels Travel Answers

change location

Transport from Airport

by sangshan Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I'm visiting Brussels on 18'Th April,I booked a hotel near Place Rogier. My flight will land at 17.15 PM. Please guide me, which is the convenient & cheapest mode of transport from airport to Place Rogier. Thanks in advance

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • bugulma's Profile Photo

Re: Transport from Airport

by bugulma Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 12:57 PM

quite good service
    belgianrail.be/en/Default.as...
    besides take care if you use low cost airlines! then Brussels could mean Charleroi airport (1 hour ride to Brussels center)

2 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sinjoor's Profile Photo

by Sinjoor Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Hello Sangshan,
    In the sublevel of the airport is a trainstation. There you can take the train to go Brussels North station (Brussel Noord/ Bruxelles Nord). From the station it is half a kilometer on foot, which should take you 5 to10 minutes at most.

check this : homepage
    belgianrail.be/en/Splash.asp...

timetable
    belgianrail.be/jp/sncb-nmbs-...

price
    belgianrail.be/en/travel-tic...

have fun!

1 member found this helpful

• zadunajska8's Profile Photo

by zadunajska8 Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 2:24 AM

To get to Rogier I would tak ethe train from the airport to Brussels Midi station and then change to the metro northbound to Rogier. Looking at the Belgian Railways website https://www.belgianrail.be it seems that the train will cost €7.80 to Bruxelles Midi. You will then need to get a ticket for the metro.

The website http://www.stib.be/index.htm?l=en has details of transport around Brussels and also of the ticket prices. A single would cost €2 but you might want to buy a ticket for travel around the city for a period of time if you are staying for a while and want to see the city.

The alternative route, would be to take the bus from the airport (run by STIB, the city's transport company, but not included in the usual pricing of tickets). This is line 12 and leaves from the airport to a limited number of stops in Brussels including Schuman metro station out near the European Union Parliament and Luxembourg. I would change at Schuman to join the metro heading eastbound to De Brouckere, where you could change to take another line just 1 stop north to Rogier or you could walk (depending upon luggage, I guess). The airport bus costs €4 if you buy the ticket in advance from the "GO" machine on platform C at the airport bus station, otherwise it is €6 on the bus. You will still need to buy the metro ticket seperately and I don't recommend changing onto the city transport system at Luxembourg (tram or bus) if you don't know the city as the changes to reach Rogier will be, in my opinion, more confusing than the metro.

Hope this helps.

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines