change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Roermond for 'younger people'

Roermond Apr 7, 2014 at 7:34 AM

Hi,

I am possibly moving to Roermond or Maastricht on a permenant basis. I have not spent much time in Roermond so I was wondering what the nightlife was like in general for people of my age (32). I am not looking for it to be bustling but some life particularly on weekends would be good.

Also, I found Maastricht to be fairly metropolitan with many English speaking people - probably due to the university. Is Roermond much the same or is it mainly populated by Dutch people.

Any reply from somebody with experience of these city's would be a great help.

Thank you :)

more
    • Visit to Maastricht

Maastricht Mar 26, 2014 at 8:17 AM

I am planning to visit Europe from June 1-7. I have to be in Maastricht from June 4 till 7.I wonder what interesting places I can visit during June 1-3 finally arriving in Maastricht on 4. Can you suggest an itinerary.

more
    • Bus Passes

by CK5129 Online Now Jun 6, 2009 at 2:11 PM

I'm just curious if they "punch" the bus passes when you use them or are they electronic? Is that the same for student passes?

2 Answers Jun 7, 2009 at 1:36 AM
    • Loved Brunssum (and area)

by KisJutka Online Now May 3, 2006 at 1:28 PM

Firstly, I just wanted to thank everyone here for all of their advice, help, and tips -- it made a big difference in knowing what to expect.

We are moving to Brunssum and were there a while ago looking for a place to live and checking out the area. Both my husband were very impressed with the people (everybody was very nice and spoke English very well), we liked the area very much and felt good about the whole experience.

I'm really looking forward to our move and am thinking that we will have a very positive experience living in the Netherlands.

Thanks again for all your help!!!
      :)

2 Answers May 3, 2006 at 11:36 PM
    • Hotels in Brunssum?

by KisJutka Online Now Mar 20, 2006 at 9:43 AM

I am looking for a hotel in Brunssum or very close.

The only place I've found is the Hotel Golf-Residentie Brunssummerheide -- it looks very nice, but is it walking distance from the city?

I also found the Best Western Grand Hotel in Heerlen, which looks great too, but I would prefer to be right in Brunssum if that's possible.

Thank you!!
      :)

5 Answers Mar 21, 2006 at 4:02 AM
    • diahevans's Profile Photo

Looking for Rahayu (Yayuk) Driessen !

by diahevans Online Now Mar 19, 2006 at 1:49 PM

I'm looking for Yayuk Driessen, she is from Java, Indonesia, I was so close to her during 1991-1995, when we were lived and worked in Solo, Central Java, she married with Mr. Martin Driessen, I lost her address and lost contact with her, is anyone can help me?. The only I can remember is the last time she lived in BRUNSSUM with her husband Martin. Last time we met about 1997 when they had holiday in Java. I will be very happy if I can contact her again. Now I'm married and living in Tacoma, Washington State, USA. I'll appreciate if someone can help me. Thank you so much!.

3 Answers Mar 20, 2006 at 1:08 PM
    • Speak English in Brunssum?

by KisJutka Online Now Dec 9, 2005 at 4:25 AM

My husband's work hasn't 100% decided that we're coming to Brunssum, but it's looking good. :) We will know in a month or two. I've very excited! I hope that he gets the job.

I have heard people say that everyone speaks English everywhere, including the Netherlands. I realize that English is pretty universal, but I don't like to make that kind of assumption.

If my husband gets this job, should I learn at least some Dutch?

Personally, I think that when you move to another country it's respectful to at least try to learn some of their language instead of expecting them to just know your language.

Thank you in advance for your answers!
      KisJutka

7 Answers Dec 10, 2005 at 2:50 PM
    • May be moving to Brunsum... would like some info please

by KisJutka Online Now Oct 14, 2005 at 12:26 PM

Hello all!

My husband and I may be moving to Brunssum next year from Canada. I've been trying to find info on Brunssum on the web and the best information I've gotten has been from here! :)

But I'm still curious about a few things. Moving to Europe sounds wonderful, but my concerns are more about the day to day things:

1) Can I purchase English books and magazines easily?
      2) Is digital cable TV/satellite TV/high speed internet available in Brunssum? Can I watch TV in English?
      3) Is there a good transport system? (I know there's no train station, but is it far away?)
      4) How can we look for a houses to rent?
      5) Are there lots of things to do entertainment wise?
      6) How far is Amsterdam by bus or driving?

Any other information would be appreciated as well.

Thank you in advance for your help. :)

17 Answers Mar 22, 2006 at 11:04 PM