Brugge

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• New Years Eve 2014/15

by scottcomfort Online Now Nov 27, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Hello, my friend and I are taking our partners to Brugge for the first time over New Years Eve this year and we are looking for somewhere to spend the majority of the night. We are 25, love beer and looking for somewhere that opens late late. Ideally a pub rather than a club.

I am grateful for any suggestions and thank you in advance :)

more
    • New Years Eve 2014/15

by scottcomfort Online Now Nov 27, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Hello, my friend and I are taking our partners to Brugge for the first time over New Years Eve this year and we are looking for somewhere to spend the majority of the night. We are 25, love beer and looking for somewhere that opens late late. Ideally a pub rather than a club.

I am grateful for any suggestions and thank you in advance :)

3 Answers Nov 27, 2014 at 7:29 AM
    • sha55's Profile Photo

Buying rolling tobacco

by sha55 Online Now May 23, 2014 at 6:06 PM

hello. Unfortunately, my husband still smokes from time to time. Can you tell me if and where he can buy rolling tobacco from in Brugge?

2 Answers May 24, 2014 at 2:50 AM
    • FrostyJW's Profile Photo

Beer Prices in Brugge

by FrostyJW Online Now Jul 20, 2012 at 4:22 AM

We were in Brugge 7 years ago and enjoyed it a lot, and love the beers. We are going again for 5 nights this September. Can any kind member give me an idea of what prices to expect to pay in € for good beers in the well know bars such as Le Garre, Brugs Beertje, Cambrinus etc? I know beer prices often depend on alc% strength, but we would just appreciate some idea so we know how much money to take!! Replies greatly appreciated, thank you! John

5 Answers Jul 26, 2012 at 3:06 AM
    • rlg2706's Profile Photo

Overnight stay in Brugge

by rlg2706 Online Now Feb 3, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I am travelling to Belgium to stay with friends in the west of the country in the summer. I am considering having an overnight stay in Brugge on the way there, partly to break the journey and also because it is a place that I have always wanted to visit. I will have my 3 children with me aged 14, 11 and 9 and wonder what Brugge has to interest them. I am very easily pleased but my children less so and I do not want cries of "I'm bored" throughout our time there! If Brugge is not a place for kids of that age, I may be better to carry on to our destination. Any advice greatly appreciated.....

9 Answers Feb 5, 2012 at 7:20 AM
    • Summer in Brugge

by jburks6 Online Now Feb 2, 2012 at 12:48 PM

My family is planning to spend 3 or 4 days in Brugge, I was wondering if anyone could post some links of apartments that might be available for rent? Links to bed and breakfasts would be ok too.

4 Answers Feb 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM
    • rickd11's Profile Photo

Looking for a brewery to visit while driving in route from Brussels to Brugge.

by rickd11 Online Now Feb 5, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Would love to find an Abbey that we could visit.

Thanks, Rick

2 Answers Feb 6, 2011 at 12:19 AM
    • New year eve

by lowki1 Online Now Sep 25, 2010 at 3:03 AM

We are going to Brugge for New Years Eve, just wondered if anyone had any ideas on where to spend it? Market Place or a restaurant maybe?

2 Answers Sep 26, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Can someone tell what the page tells about..

by Turska Online Now May 18, 2010 at 5:24 AM

The English version isn´t working. Did I understand right, that this is open every day? Is there English tours every day? Should the tour be booked?
      When is the latest tour? I´m not even sure, if this all is told at the page..

pakhuis.info/Framenederlands...

2 Answers May 18, 2010 at 5:40 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Night-time at Brugge?

by Turska Online Now Apr 6, 2010 at 1:27 PM

We are going to Brugge by car in the summer.We were planning to be over night,but now we have started to think,that maybe we could go to Gent for night.Hotels are more expensive at Brugge,and I started to wonder,is there anything special at night-time?I noticed that there is no night-life-tips at VT at all.
      I don´t mean nightclubs or anything"wild",but would we miss anything,if we would come in the morning,and leave before dark?
      Sometimes we have been n very lovely and romantic town a day (like Rothenburg ob der Tauber) and when we like to go eat late at night,there has been only 2-3 restaurants open,and whole town so quiet,that it would have been the same if we would have slept at another town.

8 Answers Apr 7, 2010 at 6:17 AM
    • Beaches

by QB02128 Online Now Mar 1, 2010 at 9:57 AM

My wife and I are planning an August trip to Bruges, and we want to go to the beach. Does anyone know the best way to get to the beaches near Bruges? Is the train the best way? Which beach would you recommend? Will it be good weather for the beach in August - we are assuming it will be - ?

Thanks!

5 Answers Mar 5, 2010 at 7:55 AM
    • 2gogo's Profile Photo

Week in Brugge

by 2gogo Online Now Feb 4, 2010 at 7:09 AM

4 of us will be spending a week in Brugge in October. We have rented an apartment in the old city area, and plan to use it as a base for day trips. We don't plan to rent a car, but use trains for transportation. Any suggestions for "don't miss" day trips? Thanks --

5 Answers Feb 4, 2010 at 10:56 AM
    • BertieB's Profile Photo

Boat Hire In Brugge

by BertieB Online Now Nov 24, 2009 at 6:27 AM

Hi

We are going to be in Brugge over New Year. We would like to see the city and surroundings by canal, however I hear the boat trips do not run in Dec/Jan.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to hire a small boat? I am a professional Boatmaster and RYA Inland Waterways Instructor, so I am well qualified to handle small craft on canals.

All the best

Phil

1 Answer Dec 27, 2009 at 9:46 AM
    • Romantic Brugge?

by Fionnan Online Now Oct 10, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Hi,

So, this trip is going to be the most special one of all so I need some local info. First, where would be the most romantic part of Brugge to stay in? Second, a good romantic restaurant to have a special dinner in? Third, would anybody be able to recommend some place to go to that is really romantic, preferably quiet, in Brugge?

All ideas and replies will be greatly appreciated.

2 Answers Oct 11, 2009 at 1:17 AM
    • Jerusalem Church

by bagrat712 Online Now Jul 13, 2008 at 11:43 AM

During a recent visit to Brugge we visited the Jerusalem Church. Off the main area is a small room of worship where there is a cross covered by a grille. Within the cross there is a glass panel - does anyone know what is within this panel? Also, up the stairs to the alter, again there are glass panels, this time on the alter. These glass panels have something behind them, does anyone know what these items are? We were unable to get close enough to have a proper look. The guide books and web sites don't seem to give any information.

5 Answers Jul 13, 2008 at 1:47 PM
    • Name of adorable restaurant in Brugge run by Natalie?

by kellelyn Online Now Jan 12, 2008 at 7:03 AM

Hello. I know that this is a long-shot, but I'm trying to recall the name of a restaurant in Brugge run by a lovely young woman. I think her name might have been Natalie? We visited on a very cold day in November, and I think that my brain was too frozen to remember the name. The tables had a book containing a story about how the restaurant opened. It was very small. The menu was simple, omelettes, salads, coffee, soup. Specials were written on little chalk-boards at each table. The coffee area and cash register were at the entrance. The walls were exposed brick. It was down a little side street. I've spent way too many hours looking for the name. My now-fiance proposed the same day that we visited this restaurant! Any suggestions by locals or those who visited would be greatly appreciated. I want the name so that I can return on our anniversary next year! Thanks so much!

1 Answer Jan 12, 2008 at 1:00 PM
    • parking in brugge

by fish4stripers Online Now Dec 19, 2007 at 3:40 PM

Hi! We will be driving from Rotterdam to Brugge for a day trip. Could you recommend the best place to park our car so that we may enjoy the city on foot? ty

1 Answer Dec 27, 2009 at 9:43 AM
    • oxymoron's Profile Photo

Oh well then Virgin territory?

by oxymoron Online Now Oct 7, 2006 at 9:22 AM

Travelling from Brugge to Amsterdam Christmas period by train. I suppose there's no direct service, so will the change be at Brussells or Antwerp?
      All this hassle cos I don't do flying!!

3 Answers Oct 7, 2006 at 9:50 AM