Brugge Travel Answers

change location

Beaches

by QB02128 Online Now Mar 1, 2010 at 9:57 AM

My wife and I are planning an August trip to Bruges, and we want to go to the beach. Does anyone know the best way to get to the beaches near Bruges? Is the train the best way? Which beach would you recommend? Will it be good weather for the beach in August - we are assuming it will be - ?

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Andrew_W_K's Profile Photo

Re: Beaches

by Andrew_W_K Online Now Mar 1, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Yes, the train is the best way. Cheap and frequent. Oostende and Knokke Heist are the two best resorts IMHO with more to see in Oostende and more of a "seaside" feel to Knokke.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Andrew_W_K's Profile Photo

by Andrew_W_K Online Now Mar 1, 2010 at 10:47 AM

I agree Barbara, Blankenburg = Blackpool!

• Kakapo2's Profile Photo

by Kakapo2 Online Now Mar 1, 2010 at 8:23 PM

I also like Knokke :-)

Weatherwise you cannot assume anything, you can only hope that the weather is nice. Such long-term predictions are impossible, and if someone claims he can do it he surely never is right. Last year, I think, the month of August was not good and September was great, a year earlier August was great. Or whatever. You just never know.

• Re: Beaches

by K_V_B Online Now Mar 1, 2010 at 9:45 PM

From Brugge there are trains to Oostende, Blankenberge, Zeebrugge, Knokke, Duinbergen and Heist. (These are the correct spellings btw) All these places are on the coast. Trains run at least once every hour to each of these places.
    These towns are also all linked by the Coastal Tramway, which runs very frequently in summer, so getting there and getting around is not a problem at all.

• vpeter's Profile Photo

by vpeter Online Now Mar 5, 2010 at 7:55 AM

I like Koksijde/Saint Idesbald very much. Lot of culture, great architecture nice people.
    Take he train from Bruge to De Panne approx. 45/50 minutes and then approx. 15 minutes with the Kusttram (coasttram) to Koksijde.

Have a nice sta.

P.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines