Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• adelinemmc's Profile Photo

Weekend in June

by adelinemmc Online Now Mar 27, 2015 at 10:33 AM

Hi all
      We're going to Brugge for a weekend in June. We are staying right in the centre and would like to enjoy nice Belgium food. Which restaurant would you recommend for traditional food aimed primarily at locals rather than tourists? We usually enjoy cosy little family restaurants or big busy brasseries with wood & shiny brass decor but not clean, sterile 'trendy' places. Please let me know if your recommendation is best for lunch or dinner or indeed both!
      Many thanks!
      A.

more
    • time needed

by Drghazi Online Now Apr 7, 2015 at 10:17 PM

hi how many hours needed to explore bruges walking,
      do I have to buy 24hr card public transportation
      can I get information how to start when reaching train from paris for sightseeing
      thanks

more
    • time needed

by Drghazi Online Now Apr 7, 2015 at 10:17 PM

hi how many hours needed to explore bruges walking,
      do I have to buy 24hr card public transportation
      can I get information how to start when reaching train from paris for sightseeing
      thanks

7 Answers Apr 8, 2015 at 1:51 PM
    • adelinemmc's Profile Photo

Weekend in June

by adelinemmc Online Now Mar 27, 2015 at 10:33 AM

Hi all
      We're going to Brugge for a weekend in June. We are staying right in the centre and would like to enjoy nice Belgium food. Which restaurant would you recommend for traditional food aimed primarily at locals rather than tourists? We usually enjoy cosy little family restaurants or big busy brasseries with wood & shiny brass decor but not clean, sterile 'trendy' places. Please let me know if your recommendation is best for lunch or dinner or indeed both!
      Many thanks!
      A.

3 Answers Mar 31, 2015 at 9:19 AM
    • Most convenient way (time/train change) to reach Utrecht from Brugge

by AngelaDP Online Now Mar 10, 2015 at 3:23 AM

Hello, I will be staying in Bruges for a little while and then will need to go to Utrecht by coach or by train.
      What is the most convenient way to get it?
      Thanks

2 Answers Mar 10, 2015 at 10:42 AM
    • Needlework shops

by herzwms Online Now Jan 30, 2015 at 12:50 PM

When in Brugge in the Fall of 2013 I visited two needlework shops & I have lost my contact information for them. Is anyone aware of any needlework shops for cross stitch supplies in Brugge? I remember one of them was run by a wonderful friendly and helpful gentleman who's shop was located just off the square. I'm not sure where the other store was located. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

7 Answers Jan 31, 2015 at 4:40 AM
    • Where is best palce to stay in Bruges

by smitsan Online Now Jan 29, 2015 at 9:28 PM

Which is the best place to stay in bruges if you are visiting in mid february

6 Answers Jan 30, 2015 at 11:48 AM
    • Typical handbag in Brugge

by Kokas70 Online Now Jan 19, 2015 at 1:48 PM

Where can I buy a typical handbag with tapestries online? I have seen one shop in the touristic zone with a very good price in my last travel there but shop was closed, I wanted to buy one of them online.
      Thanks in advance.

5 Answers Jan 20, 2015 at 1:22 PM
    • Train schedules from Lille to Bruges...where are they?

by nata_lie_Rt Online Now Dec 1, 2014 at 3:18 AM

Hi! I'm planning a trip to Bruges for Christmas, but I'm not seeing any train times on the SNCF website! I want to go from Lille to Bruges, and several months ago I looked on SNCF and saw that trains run frequently. I know there are direct trains and some that go from Lille through KORTRIJK. But for all dates after Dec 13, all I see is one train a day to Bruges, going through Paris!!! This is ridiculous, and it's really expensive. Someone at SNCF told me that maybe it's because they just haven't received the train times yet and they will post them later, when they get them. This is fine with me but I want to make sure! I'd be fine with buying my ticket the day of, if only I can be sure there WILL be trains! Does anyone know if this is normal? How can I be sure there will be trains running? Is it possible there aren't going to be trains because of the Christmas holidays???

7 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 2:47 AM
    • Miniature Teddy Bears

by RachieP Online Now Nov 19, 2014 at 9:17 AM

The last time I was in Bruges back in 2011 I came a cross a small shop that sold miniature teddy bears (I think it is in a courtyard or small square). I am visiting again in December and would love to go back but can't remember the name of the shop or the street that it is on. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

4 Answers Nov 20, 2014 at 5:50 AM
    • DianaMS's Profile Photo

How to get from Brugge to Charleroi airport

by DianaMS Online Now Sep 30, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Hi Everyone, I´m trying to figure out how to get from Brugge to Charleroi airport.
      I would sleep in Brugge and catch a 2.35pm flight from Charleroi.
      Is anyone familiar with flibco buses? are they reliable?
      Is the train an option?

Thanks so much!

8 Answers Sep 30, 2014 at 10:39 AM
    • New Years Eve 2014 in Brugge

by Christinedevine Online Now Sep 25, 2014 at 4:26 AM

Where would be a good place to eat on new years eve with 2 children (ages 9 & 16) and any recommendations on how to spend the day in Brugge with them to make it a memorial NYE?

4 Answers Sep 29, 2014 at 3:41 AM
    • How to get from the airport to Hotel Dukes Palace

by byramj Online Now Sep 3, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Hi, I've just booked a trip for me and my boyfriend but it doesnt include transfers. Does anyone know the best and cheapest way to get from the airport to the Hotel Dukes Palace.

Thanks

10 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 7:27 AM
    • From train station to centre

by solas777 Online Now Aug 27, 2014 at 7:49 AM

I am arriving by bus from charleroi at 1 30 am and am wondering is there taxis or buses to bring me to the centre at that time?

1 Answer Aug 27, 2014 at 8:49 AM
    • Book about Brugge

by Celticknoe Online Now Jul 22, 2014 at 5:11 PM

How can I buy a book about Brugge on-line?

2 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 9:23 PM
    • Late Night Brugge

by strooge23 Online Now Jul 22, 2014 at 6:10 AM

Myself and a group of friends are arriving in Brugge quite late this Friday night. We only have a very short time in the city so dont want to waste it by going straight to bed. Can anyone recommend some late night venues for good beer?

3 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    • #7 bus today

by Billholiday Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Does the number seven bus run today as it does every other day?

3 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 1:30 AM
    • sha55's Profile Photo

Buying rolling tobacco

by sha55 Online Now May 23, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Hello,
      Unfortunately my husband still smokes from time to time.
      Does anybody know where he could buy some in Brugge and approximately how much he would expect to pay for it?
      Thanks

3 Answers May 26, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    • Planning Bicycle Trips Around Brugge

by Sethnyc Online Now Apr 18, 2014 at 6:39 AM

Would like to plan 3 days of "bicycle loop" trips from Brugge to the countryside and return.. with each trip being around 40 to 60 KM. I found a great route planning tool on the web but its all in flemish. Happy to pay somone to help me "map out the routes" but would prefer not to be in an organized tour per se. Suggestions welcome!!!

3 Answers Apr 19, 2014 at 3:46 PM
    • phingy's Profile Photo

Frequency of trains from Brugge to Lille

by phingy Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Hello,

I will be visiting Bruges end Sept and will head on to Lille after that. Just wondering, are there frequent trains to Lille from Bruges? And should i pre-book tickets online?

Thanks!

9 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 5:17 AM
    • Bus or Coach Tour from Amsterdam to Brugge

by ga_traveller Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 5:43 AM

We are going to be in Amsterdam in May and would like to take a day trip to Brugge. Could someone recommend a coach tour

3 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 11:17 AM
    • rosieoba's Profile Photo

is lodging offered at the Beguinage?

by rosieoba Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 10:50 AM

While in Bruges over four years ago we were in the religious gift shop at the Beguinage and a woman told us there were rooms you could stay in. Does anyone have information or a telephone number? I can't find anything. Thank you.

3 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 2:56 PM
    • Restaurant with outdoor seating in the summer, open on a Sunday??

by kellyhunt1984 Online Now Mar 8, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Hi, I am a travel agent and visiting Bruges as part of a cruise with 17 friends for a 'laid back' hen weekend. Our cruise stops at Zeebrugge on Sunday 11th May and we're going into Bruges for the day. I've been before a few years back but wasn't there on a Sunday... and I'm struggling to find a restaurant open on a Sunday in Bruges!! We don't mind the type of cuisine & price isn't important as we want something nice, but we would like something with outdoor seating so that (weather permitting!) we can dine outside. Preferably central and in a busy area so we can people watch :) but this isnt essential!

Also while I'm here if anyone can point me in the right direction of a company we can use for a private canal boat trip for 18 that would also be great.

Thank you in advance!

7 Answers Mar 8, 2014 at 9:19 AM
    • Safety issues

by OktonD Online Now Feb 22, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Hello. I'm planning a trip to Bruges and since I'm going there with a bunch of girls I wonder how safe is it there. With lots of tourists coming by there can be some "touristic" criminality like pickpocketing and robbery, what can you say about that?

9 Answers Feb 22, 2014 at 4:16 PM
    • Italian Restaurant and Belgian Waffle

by Bat2323 Online Now Feb 10, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Hello
      Can you recommend me an excellent Italian restaurant?
      Can you recommend me places I can buy tasty waffles (both types) ? I know there are many places for Waffles in Brugge but I assume there are excellent ones and moderate ones...
      Any help could be appreciated..

3 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 10:33 AM
    • where to find great chocolate bars and Cacao in Brugge?

by michel39michel Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 3:51 PM

We are fans of dark chocolate (80% and above) and we don't like parlines too much. Basically
      we are eat excellent chocolate bars and use great cacao for baking.
      Are you familair with cuh stores in Brugge? Can you recommand me specific brands of chocloate bars/chunks and Cacao powder for baking?

7 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 9:52 PM
    • MonikaO's Profile Photo

help with shopping

by MonikaO Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 2:19 PM

My boyfriend bought beautiful piece somewhere in Brugge. And I broke it! Its a statuette of Goat in silver with white-pearl body. Cant post a picture but please , maybe someone knows by any chance the shop where I could buy it!!!!???? Thank you very much!

2 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 6:57 AM
    • tomorrow in bruges

by Osiris-Sun Online Now Jan 16, 2014 at 5:47 AM

Hello, im going to bruges tomorrow and i want to ask some questions.. how is the weather there? also are the water canal tours still available ? also how to get from the bruge train station to midtown .

Thank you in Advance :)

4 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    • where this picture was taken?

by andarchen Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 8:10 PM

I had visited Brugge about thirty years ago, one of photos i had taken was failure to figure out where i took , the photo link is :
      andarchen.simplesite.com/u/i... ,.

Any information about the statue behind me or the street name the statue locate are highly welcome.

9 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 3:06 AM
    • cigarettes

by brandane4 Online Now Jan 8, 2014 at 3:18 PM

where can i buy cigarettes in bruges

7 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 7:53 AM
    • Where to buy luggage?

by 1703lynda Online Now Dec 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I need to buy a rather large sports bag or similar to put all my shopping in, l reall do not want another suitcase but will if that's all l can get

4 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    • Oriental Restaurant

by AngloFilipino Online Now Nov 17, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Could you please advise if you know of any oriental restaurant in the centre of Brugge?
      Many thanks

5 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 8:33 AM