Brugge

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Planning Bicycle Trips Around Brugge

by Sethnyc Online Now Apr 18, 2014 at 6:39 AM

Would like to plan 3 days of "bicycle loop" trips from Brugge to the countryside and return.. with each trip being around 40 to 60 KM. I found a great route planning tool on the web but its all in flemish. Happy to pay somone to help me "map out the routes" but would prefer not to be in an organized tour per se. Suggestions welcome!!!

3 Answers Yesterday
    • phingy's Profile Photo

Frequency of trains from Brugge to Lille

by phingy Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Hello,

I will be visiting Bruges end Sept and will head on to Lille after that. Just wondering, are there frequent trains to Lille from Bruges? And should i pre-book tickets online?

Thanks!

9 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 5:17 AM
    • Bus or Coach Tour from Amsterdam to Brugge

by ga_traveller Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 5:43 AM

We are going to be in Amsterdam in May and would like to take a day trip to Brugge. Could someone recommend a coach tour

3 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 11:17 AM
    • rosieoba's Profile Photo

is lodging offered at the Beguinage?

by rosieoba Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 10:50 AM

While in Bruges over four years ago we were in the religious gift shop at the Beguinage and a woman told us there were rooms you could stay in. Does anyone have information or a telephone number? I can't find anything. Thank you.

3 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 2:56 PM
    • Restaurant with outdoor seating in the summer, open on a Sunday??

by kellyhunt1984 Online Now Mar 8, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Hi, I am a travel agent and visiting Bruges as part of a cruise with 17 friends for a 'laid back' hen weekend. Our cruise stops at Zeebrugge on Sunday 11th May and we're going into Bruges for the day. I've been before a few years back but wasn't there on a Sunday... and I'm struggling to find a restaurant open on a Sunday in Bruges!! We don't mind the type of cuisine & price isn't important as we want something nice, but we would like something with outdoor seating so that (weather permitting!) we can dine outside. Preferably central and in a busy area so we can people watch :) but this isnt essential!

Also while I'm here if anyone can point me in the right direction of a company we can use for a private canal boat trip for 18 that would also be great.

Thank you in advance!

7 Answers Mar 8, 2014 at 9:19 AM
    • Safety issues

by OktonD Online Now Feb 22, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Hello. I'm planning a trip to Bruges and since I'm going there with a bunch of girls I wonder how safe is it there. With lots of tourists coming by there can be some "touristic" criminality like pickpocketing and robbery, what can you say about that?

9 Answers Feb 22, 2014 at 4:16 PM
    • Italian Restaurant and Belgian Waffle

by Bat2323 Online Now Feb 10, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Hello
      Can you recommend me an excellent Italian restaurant?
      Can you recommend me places I can buy tasty waffles (both types) ? I know there are many places for Waffles in Brugge but I assume there are excellent ones and moderate ones...
      Any help could be appreciated..

3 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 10:33 AM
    • where to find great chocolate bars and Cacao in Brugge?

by michel39michel Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 3:51 PM

We are fans of dark chocolate (80% and above) and we don't like parlines too much. Basically
      we are eat excellent chocolate bars and use great cacao for baking.
      Are you familair with cuh stores in Brugge? Can you recommand me specific brands of chocloate bars/chunks and Cacao powder for baking?

7 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 9:52 PM
    • MonikaO's Profile Photo

help with shopping

by MonikaO Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 2:19 PM

My boyfriend bought beautiful piece somewhere in Brugge. And I broke it! Its a statuette of Goat in silver with white-pearl body. Cant post a picture but please , maybe someone knows by any chance the shop where I could buy it!!!!???? Thank you very much!

2 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 6:57 AM
    • Osiris-Sun's Profile Photo

tomorrow in bruges

by Osiris-Sun Online Now Jan 16, 2014 at 5:47 AM

Hello, im going to bruges tomorrow and i want to ask some questions.. how is the weather there? also are the water canal tours still available ? also how to get from the bruge train station to midtown .

Thank you in Advance :)

4 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    • where this picture was taken?

by andarchen Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 8:10 PM

I had visited Brugge about thirty years ago, one of photos i had taken was failure to figure out where i took , the photo link is :
      andarchen.simplesite.com/u/i... ,.

Any information about the statue behind me or the street name the statue locate are highly welcome.

9 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 3:06 AM
    • cigarettes

by brandane4 Online Now Jan 8, 2014 at 3:18 PM

where can i buy cigarettes in bruges

5 Answers Jan 10, 2014 at 4:14 PM
    • Where to buy luggage?

by 1703lynda Online Now Dec 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I need to buy a rather large sports bag or similar to put all my shopping in, l reall do not want another suitcase but will if that's all l can get

4 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    • Oriental Restaurant

by AngloFilipino Online Now Nov 17, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Could you please advise if you know of any oriental restaurant in the centre of Brugge?
      Many thanks

5 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    • Osiris-Sun's Profile Photo

suggestions

by Osiris-Sun Online Now Nov 13, 2013 at 6:53 AM

hello, i intend to visit bruges in january, what is the weather like there ? and what are the best things to do in bruges in 2 days besides taking a trip in the bruges canals? and i want a clean affordable place to stay there for 1 night.. thanks in advance :)

19 Answers Nov 15, 2013 at 6:28 AM
    • leightonclifton's Profile Photo

New Year's Eve

by leightonclifton Online Now Nov 9, 2013 at 10:08 PM

where is the best place to see in the new years in bruges
      any suggestions welcomed

3 Answers Dec 28, 2013 at 10:19 AM
    • leightonclifton's Profile Photo

New Years Eve

by leightonclifton Online Now Nov 9, 2013 at 12:10 PM

where is the best place to see in the new years in bruges

any suggestions welcomed

2 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 10:40 AM
    • tango_jd's Profile Photo

Accommodation tips - Bruges In January

by tango_jd Online Now Oct 21, 2013 at 1:57 AM

My son and daughter-in-law are planning a couple of nights away in Bruges towards the end of January and are hoping for budget accommodation near the centre. My wife and I went some years back but splashed-out on a 4-star hotel with upgraded room as we were celebrating a special anniversary. - My son can't afford to be so extravagant! Has anyone stayed near the centre in a less expensive place they can recommend? The couple only require B&B but would like to be central. Thanks!

6 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 7:49 PM
    • GemmaW7's Profile Photo

Credit card use and Smurfs

by GemmaW7 Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 12:54 AM

hi, myself and family are visiting Brugge this sunday. Will most shops and restaurants take my Visa credit card? Im from england.
      I visited Sluis, on the Belgian border a month ago. And had trouble in a restaurant paying. They wanted me to pay with a 'normal' card. Whatever that is?

Also, I collect Smurfs, seeing as this is Belgium, birthplace of Smurfs - are there many shops or smurf related places? I will make my way to Brussells in the future, I know there are lots there.

thanks
      Gemma

6 Answers Oct 10, 2013 at 1:02 PM
    • Are there any second hand shops in Brugge

by Hayloft Online Now Sep 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Are there any second hand shops in Brugge

1 Answer Feb 22, 2014 at 8:39 PM
    • New Year eating in Bruges

by puff67 Online Now Sep 3, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Rented an apartment for the whole of the festive season in Bruges and one of our visitors is a veggie - does not even eat fish! I am trying to find a restaurant for NY eve - maybe a tad too early - but by all accounts one should book as far in advance as pos. Anyone got recommendations for a "non touristy" restaurant with veggie options? Enquired at a "good/expensive" restaurant already - no veggie anything come NY eve! Have been to Bruges many times before on short visits and do try to avoid "centre" eateries - tho they used to be good value way back in the late 80/early 90s - yup we are a bunch of SCs - but in our prime!

5 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 3:34 AM
    • warnings and dangers

by MissJoonbugz Online Now Sep 2, 2013 at 1:13 AM

is brugge city and train station dangerous for women travellers ?

5 Answers Sep 2, 2013 at 8:45 AM
    • tapestry wall hanging

by wendyparkin Online Now Aug 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I was in Bruges recently and bought some tapestry style cushions from a fabric shop. I saw there some wall hangings that I would now like to buy but don't have any details of the shop. Any ideas please?

1 Answer Aug 19, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    • moonset's Profile Photo

transportation-brussels airport to brugge

by moonset Online Now Aug 19, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Hi, we visit Belgium in September for 2 days. how can we go to brugge from bruksel airport? is there a direct train from the airport? we plan to stay in brugge 2 nights.
      thnx in advance

2 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 9:39 AM
    • august 14th-18th

by marcostig Online Now Aug 7, 2013 at 11:30 AM

is anyone on holiday in bruges between these dates, holiday/night out needed

• Paulo_Pinto's Profile Photo

Supermarket

by Paulo_Pinto Online Now Aug 7, 2013 at 5:57 AM

where is the better place to buy food and vegetables in central bruges ? Not expensive of course

thank you

3 Answers Aug 7, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    • Hotel Accommodation Brugge

by EuroDeb Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 1:48 AM

We will staying in Brugge for 3 nights in October 2013 and looking for recommendations for accommodation. We are wanting a double room close to the train station as we will be arriving and departing by train. It doesn't have to be fancy, just neat and clean - as we intend to be out most of the time - preferably with our own ensuite bathroom. Any advice on hotels and on Brugge itself would be most appreciated.

5 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM
    • Weekend crowds in winter

by jessnutella Online Now Jul 13, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Are the weekends still heavily crowded by tourists in winter (January)? If I spend two days in Brugges what are the best days of the week to go?

8 Answers Jul 17, 2013 at 5:13 PM
    • rhetorical_art's Profile Photo

VT members in Bruge 9 or 10 July 2013?

by rhetorical_art Online Now Jul 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Hi

I plan to visit Bruge either on 9th or 10th July 2013 for the day ( I will be staying in Brussels).

As a solo traveller, I would welcome meeting any fellow VT members who will be in Bruge during the same period or meeting any VT members who live in the city.

Note, my VT profile is very basic as I just joined a week ago - please do not be put off by the lack on info on there.
      I aim to add more after my week long trip to Europe.

• Beads and jewellery making shop in Brugesj

by mitochondrialseagers Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 3:01 AM

I was in Bruges in May this year and found a lovely bead and costume jewellery making shop in a quiet back street near the central square in Bruges. . I intended to return and buy some costume jewellery but didn't have time and would like to order jewellery online or by phone if possible. Please let me know the name and address or email address.

Thank you, Lydia Wheeler

3 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 5:46 AM