Brugge Travel Answers

change location
Paulo_Pinto's Profile Photo

Transport Lille to Brugge

by Paulo_Pinto Online Now Apr 30, 2013 at 11:19 PM

What is the best and not expensive transport beetween this 2 cities ?

Quote & Answer
13 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Transport Lille to Brugge

by leics Online Now Apr 30, 2013 at 11:38 PM

'Best' is a matter of personal preference. Train is faster than bus although bus is usually cheapest. I prefer train because trains are not affected by traffic congestion, are faster and more comfortable.

Lille >Brugge train times, details and fares here (in French but easy to work out). Use 'Bruges' for Brugge:

www.voyages-sncf.com

Journey time is just under 2 hours, with one change of train at Brussels Midi. Standard one-way fare is from 52.80 euro.

Look at www.eurolines.com to see if there is a bus option for this route.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Ronaldi's Profile Photo

by Ronaldi Online Now May 1, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Train is indeed best option, but the route via Kortrijk is shorter: 1h19. Take train to Kortrijk from Lille Flandres (is just next to Lille Europe where Eurostar and TGV stops). In Kortrijk you have a connecting train and around 7 minutes to switch platform.

You can get full details on the site of the Belgian traincompany: belgianrail.be/jp/sncb-nmbs-...

Be the first to rate this answer!

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now May 1, 2013 at 3:31 AM

the best is the car done it several times with family in Lille go visit Brugge for the day. expensive depends on how many are you, if four or more the car will be cheaper on a roundtrip pickup and drop off in Lille.

otherwise is the train , there is no bus option, the official page for the train stations in Lille are in French but not bad to read, me think

http://www.gare-lille.fr/

you have all you need as far as nearby hotels, bus, tram transport and train schedules, once buying will take you back to sncf. when you click ICI it will take you there

gare-lille.fr/billets-de-tra...

hope it helps

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now May 1, 2013 at 10:35 AM

It would be possible to 'split the difference' and take the bus from Lille to Brussels Nord (see Eurolines link in my previous post) and then take the train from there.

Bus fares is 30 euro, takes 2h 15m. There are direct trains from Brussels Nord to Brugge, taking just over an hour. One-way fare is 13.80 euro.

So the total fare for this longer journey would be 43.80 euro. I'm not sure that saving 10 euro or so warrants the extra time spent on the journey.

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now May 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM

in less than two hours they can take the train from lille gare d'Europe to Brussels Midi to Bruges
    make sure you type Bruges the French name of Brugge,and you get it for 52,80€ Midi is better than Nord in my opinion walk the beat and rented cars out of both...

coming out of Lille, the official French site for trains is
    voyages-sncf.com/?prex=A_LSM...
    have on schedules just put your info and hit RECHERCHER

hope it helps

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now May 1, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Yes, I know the train takes 2 hours and costs 52.80.That's what I said in my first reply.

I was simply offering a third option.

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now May 1, 2013 at 11:03 AM

ahh did not read the first replies, sorry. but the Midi direction is better after I read the Nord....
    cheers

• Re: Transport Lille to Brugge

by K_V_B Online Now May 2, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I would suggest you look at a map. Lille - Brussels - Brugge is making things a lot more complicated than necessary. There is an hourly train from Lille to Kortrijk in Belgium. From there you take a train to Brugge. Total time 1h20. These are local trains, so no need of book in advance, no complicated fares. No need to increase the distance about threefold by going via Brussels. Price in second class is 18,40. This is the most convenient, fastest and probably cheapest option.

by kzeners Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 11:20 AM

what is the closest train station to lille airport to go to bruges,and the best way and time to reach it?

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 11:32 AM

there are two next to each other literally Europe and Flanders. Both can get you to the airport. and you can go to Bruges by train too.
    here is some info on my page
    "how to come in and out Lille" - Nord-Pas-de-Calais Transportation Tip by gwened

hope it helps

by kzeners Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 5:37 PM

tk you for the explanation, but how far they are from the airport?

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 10:51 PM

You can see the site of each station, where the navette (bus from the airport ) stops between them and the navette timetable here:

lille.aeroport.fr/parkings/n...

Journey time is 20 minutes. Actual distance, according to googelmaps, is just over 10km.

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Jul 11, 2013 at 5:41 AM

kzeners wrote:
    tk you for the explanation, but how far they are from the airport?

as usual LIlle airport is not in Lille but in the town of Lesquin south east of the city closer to the A1 autoroute. Lots of memories as it was my first job interview in France at the Novotel hotel there...lol!!sorry memories.

it will depends on the traffic and time it is at about 13 mins, very short distance with the navettes, the train stations are north west of the city or a bit west of city center, walking distance of about 400 meters.

hope it helps

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines