Broome Travel Answers

change location
TravelingSue's Profile Photo

Broome

by TravelingSue Online Now Jan 8, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Any suggestions on a local tour guide or tour company that does day tours of Broome. Some friends and I are coming to Broome on a cruise ship and interested in doing a shore excursion for 4people. If needed, could probably get 12-15 people. Thanks. Sue

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Re: Broome

by Anne12 Online Now Jan 9, 2010 at 3:38 AM

Hi there,
    Broome isn't very big, if there are only 4 of you, I would make my way to the town area and have a walk around here.Grab a coffee and check out the places of interest, Then you could hire a taxi to take you to the Light House/Gantheaume Point area,from here you can walk along the beach to the main area where there are the cafe's, plus this is where everyone heads for sunset and camel rides.
    Grab a taxi back to the town or your ship.A taxi wouldn't cost a heap if there are 4 of you and you could do it at your own leisure.
    There is also a local bus service. But the times may not suite you.
    I am sure if you google for bus timetable for Broome you will find one online.
    Here is a page that will give you some information.
    kimberleyaustralia.com/broom...

If you have a good budget!:) there are some wonderful jewellery shops in Broome that sell the Broome Pearls, boy are they great.
    Because you only have the day to explore the town of Broome, I would highly recommend that you don't do the tour to a Pearl Farm,which I am sure will be an optional extra you can purchase on the ship.( this wouldn't leave a lot of time to explore Broome, which is much better than heading to the Pearl farm) just do you own tour of the jewellery shops:)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • TravelingSue's Profile Photo

Re: Broome

by TravelingSue Online Now Jan 9, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Anne: Thanks so much for the info. Just love the Internet where so much info is available. I hope that when you come to Texas, we are as friendly as the Aussies. This is my 5th time in Australia as I just love it. Looking forward to seeing more of it as we start in Sydney on a cruise and end up in Perth. Thanks again for the info. Sue

• Re: Broome

by Anne12 Online Now Jan 9, 2010 at 10:38 PM

My pleasure Sue, my goodness, 5th visit to Aussie Land, you really must love our country. When are you going to come and live here????:):)
    The cruise sounds fantastic, something I would enjoy, you are going to see heaps of great things along the way.

• albaaust's Profile Photo

by albaaust Online Now Jan 13, 2010 at 5:33 AM

Why don't you consider hiring a car for the day? You could also hire scooters ..prices and companies on my page. As previous posts have said Broome is not that big. First stop could be the tourist bureau which has lots of information on places to see. You can easily walk around the main centre.

Have a look at the wonderful places to eat as well.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo

by iandsmith Online Now Jan 14, 2010 at 3:29 AM

Yes, I agree with the others. Freewheel it. Broome, in my humble opinion, is one of the most over-rated destinations in Australia.
    If you're into photography, check out Reddell Beach, so called. The colours are stunning.
    The other VTer was right about the jewellery shops - pearls are go!.
    Whatever you decide, have a nice time.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

by Mikebb Online Now Jan 15, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Broome is hot and humid in November. Hire an airconditioned car. We were there in August and I hired a car for a day , less than80. You cannot get lost as there are not many roads. We also took a half day tour to Willie Creek Pearl farm. Interesting and good pearls for hire. You will not be allowed to drive a hire car to Willie Creek.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines