Brooklyn

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bedford-stuyvesant

by ystrausz Online Now Mar 22, 2014 at 10:59 AM

we will be spending a week in NY this summer and have an offer of accommodation in this neighborhood.
      is this a particularly "bad" area?
      or just normal crime rate comparable to most of Manhatten and Brooklyn?

thanks

Yael

more
    • Bedford-stuyvesant

by ystrausz Online Now Mar 22, 2014 at 10:59 AM

we will be spending a week in NY this summer and have an offer of accommodation in this neighborhood.
      is this a particularly "bad" area?
      or just normal crime rate comparable to most of Manhatten and Brooklyn?

thanks

Yael

5 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 2:53 AM
    • Going to see a play at BAM

by Dstibbard Online Now Feb 17, 2014 at 6:59 PM

I am saying in mid town but going to a play at 7:30 at night and the play finishes at 10pm I am a female going alone - sp toe questions
      What is the best way it get back it mid town that time of night
      And is it safe?
      Thanks
      Diane

3 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 3:47 AM
    • Charlottezkb's Profile Photo

Clubs and Bars

by Charlottezkb Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Never been to New York before so wondering what are some good clubs and bars? They need to be quite cheap! I'm staying in Brooklyn but happy to know of some good clubs in other areas as long as they're not too hard to get to/from

• Turska's Profile Photo

Flea market

by Turska Online Now Dec 28, 2013 at 9:20 AM

My old(ish) guidebooks tell about great flea market at Brooklyn at sundays. It is said to be inside at winter (we will come at middle of march). I don´t find any tips about it. Does it still exist?

1 Answer Dec 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM
    • hancock and nostrand

by vesp-c Online Now Nov 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM

please is that a safe borogh? thanks!
      Concetto

5 Answers Nov 9, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    • what is the best way to travel from newark airport to williamsburg for 4 people?

by brightonuk71 Online Now Sep 17, 2013 at 6:58 AM

we are getting to Newark airport at about 2pm. is it better to pre order a car, get a taxi or jump on a train?

8 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 1:12 PM
    • Comfort inn sunset park

by MALKYP Online Now Aug 6, 2013 at 12:28 AM

I've booked to stay in the comfort inn sunset park on 38th/4th avenue Brooklyn as a tourist from Scotland how safe is the area?

2 Answers Aug 6, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    • Safe place to stay in brooklyn for students and and reliable people/sites to search for apts

by rsrv99 Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 1:45 AM

I am a student from Asia and would like to know safe places to stay in Brooklyn (university in Metro Tech centre). Also reliable people like agents/brokers and websites to search for apartments there. Thanx.

1 Answer Jun 27, 2013 at 2:07 AM
    • Safe place to stay in brooklyn for students and and reliable people/sites to search for apts

by rsrv99 Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I am a student from Asia and would like to know safe places to stay in Brooklyn (university in Metro Tech centre). Also reliable people like agents/brokers and websites to search for apartments there. Thanx.

by rsrv99 Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 1:25 AM

• Stuyvesant Heights, Malcolm X Blvd

by fer30 Online Now May 3, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I was wondering how safe is Malcolm X´Blvd/Reid Ave, specially between Decatur St and MacDonough St. Or if this an area I need to avoid when I go to stay in Brooklyn.
      Thanks

2 Answers May 4, 2013 at 2:55 AM
    • mickey.p's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Brooklyn and which airport is nearest?

by mickey.p Online Now Apr 27, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I am looking to spend 2- nights in NYC, we were there last year and did lots so are just doing a couple of nights between other areas.

We are looking to do Brooklyn bridge and Ellis Island as we missed these last year and we want to go to Newburgh for a day (OCC and to visit a friend!).

Where can you recommend?

Last year we stayed at the Holiday Inn Manhattan View in Long Island City and it was perfect - great for everything.
      This was suggested by someone on this forum so thought I'd ask for something similar in Brooklyn.
      Need something not too expensive, walking distance to trains/subways etc.

My son is Autistic so he doesn't like crowds and the hotel last year was a great escape from the craziness of Manhattan!

Also which airport is closest to Brooklyn? We are flying to the west coast after NYC.

4 Answers Apr 30, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    • LeaC16's Profile Photo

brooklyn bridge

by LeaC16 Online Now Apr 17, 2013 at 11:45 AM

where is the brooklyn bridge

7 Answers Apr 17, 2013 at 8:30 PM
    • HarukaT's Profile Photo

Moving to Brooklyn

by HarukaT Online Now Dec 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Hello, I'm moving to Brooklyn next year, I am a 30 year old African American woman from California. Where are some safe, moderately affordable neighborhoods in Brooklyn to live? Since its just me I can live in a studio apartment, and I can pay up to about1200/month. Accessibility to good public transport is preferred, and safety is key since I want to live somewhere where I would feel safe if I have to return home late at night. Let me know where the best neighborhoods would be for affordability as well as safety.

11 Answers Dec 13, 2012 at 2:25 PM
    • lcat61's Profile Photo

Apartment in Brooklyn

by lcat61 Online Now Oct 1, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I am thinking about renting an apartment in Brooklyn Lefferts Garden near Sterling St subway station.
      What can you tell me about this area? Safe? Proxomity to restaurants and stores?
      Appreciate any help you can provide. Thx

3 Answers Oct 14, 2012 at 7:00 AM
    • Bay Ridge Nissan

by 1overneath Online Now Jul 7, 2012 at 5:48 AM

HI We need to get to Bay Ridge Nissan 6501 5th Avenue Brooklyn...have never been to NYC so pretty clueless..will be staying in Manhattan. what options should I consider to travel there...is this a safe area? Could I pick up a vehicle and drive back to Manhattan...thanks for taking the time to respond...Barry

3 Answers Jul 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM
    • Quickest inexpensive route

by RACK Online Now Apr 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Coming to brooklyn soon getn off at 13 allen street need to get
      to comfort inn on 17 seabring.

2 Answers Apr 6, 2012 at 1:30 PM
    • travel from brooklyn to queens hospital

by mingo127 Online Now Apr 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM

my daughter will be traveling from bklyn (park slope) to queens hospital center for work. want to avoid the JR parkway and the BQE. could she take local roads ie. eastern parkway etc.to get there? And finally can anyone suggest a good route? Every morning I hear that the BQE is backed up or something.
      not from bklyn or Queens so we are not real familiar with the area
      Thanks

1 Answer Apr 4, 2012 at 6:44 PM
    • clareabee's Profile Photo

What is the best way to get to the Brooklyn Brewery from Manhattan?

by clareabee Online Now Feb 9, 2012 at 3:22 AM

Hi Guys,

We are planning to go down to the 9/11 site, and we can manage that no problem from our hotel (i think!) but how do we get from there across to the Brooklyn Brewery? Could anybody also recommend a nice place to eat in that area?

Thanks in advance,
      Clare

7 Answers Mar 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM
    • 3rd avenue and 3rd street is it safe

by concernedone Online Now Dec 20, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Taking internship near here. Taking subway from Manhattan. female college student. is this safe? Parents worried

8 Answers Feb 9, 2012 at 4:14 AM
    • milan2003's Profile Photo

Woman with *challenging* sense of direction asks for assistance! Toronto>>Brooklyn

by milan2003 Online Now Dec 1, 2011 at 8:42 AM

Hello!

For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to drive to Brooklyn. I'm not sure why this seemed reasonable at the time. I've driven to many places before, but do not know the many highways, tunnels, etc around NYC...and now that I see there are dozens of 'steps' in googlemap, know that I will get lost. And I do *not* want to get lost in the middle of a city-scape maze that I can't get out of.

Oh...and I don't have a GPS.

I'm looking for the best route from Toronto to Brooklyn (Eastern Parkway). I know the shortest route seems to go through Chinatown, but I can't imagine what the traffic would be like. I *can* imagine me holding onto the wheel with the grip of death, getting lost, and leaving my car at the side of the road as I jump on the 4/5/6.

Would any of you have taken this route before?

Do you have suggestions for the best route taking into consideration directionally challenged people, as well as knowing the most logical routes (i.e. going through lower Manhattan is probably not a great idea).

Your feedback is MOST welcome!

Thank you

12 Answers Feb 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM
    • lcat61's Profile Photo

Restaurant Near Brooklyn Promenade

by lcat61 Online Now Aug 15, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Can anyone recommend a good restaurant for lunch near Brooklyn Promenade? I will be going there Labor Day weekend.

2 Answers Aug 15, 2011 at 3:13 PM
    • 7th ave arrest

by brooklyn1234bb Online Now Jul 5, 2011 at 7:23 AM

What is up with this 7th ave arrest?

3 Answers Jul 8, 2011 at 7:00 PM
    • alvi21's Profile Photo

Brooklyn Botanic Garden & Brooklyn Museum

by alvi21 Online Now Feb 19, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Dear VTers,

I'm visiting friends in NYC next month (March 2011) and would like to visit several places in Brooklyn. In order to have a better idea of my itinerary planning, I'd like to ask experienced VTers how much time (estimated average) one might spend at the following places:

- Brooklyn Botanic Garden
      - Brooklyn Museum

Thanks in advance for your help!

Alphée

7 Answers Apr 17, 2011 at 9:38 AM
    • johrog's Profile Photo

Is Ridgewood, Brooklyn a safe naborhood?

by johrog Online Now Feb 15, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Hello,
      I am trying to rent an apartment in Ridgewood on my visit to NY. I found an offer of a flat on VRBO.com website, the place is located in Brooklyn,1817 Stockholm Street, Ridgewood, NY, 11385.
      Any bad or good things you could tell me about it before I make any contributions? All help greatly appreciated, thanks!

Read more: VT Forum temporarily unavailable

17 Answers Nov 22, 2011 at 3:47 AM
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Nice Restaurant....

by Donna_in_India Online Now Aug 23, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Can anyone recommend a nice restaurant (for lunch) within 15 minutes of Sheepshead Bay?

1 Answer Jul 27, 2011 at 10:10 PM
    • food

by oldbutnotsenile Online Now Aug 16, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Where in Brooklyn can you get real Tex Mex food?
      Thanks

3 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 7:13 AM
    • Is Greene Avenue safe

by fkfisher08 Online Now Aug 3, 2010 at 10:51 AM

I am thinking of booking an appt at 535 Greene Ave, brooklyn. Is this area safe especially at night as I will be spending my day in Manhatten and returning to the appt in the evening about 10pm?
      Appreciate any good replies.
      Thanks

20 Answers Dec 21, 2010 at 6:29 PM
    • Subway from Williamsburg Area to Brooklyn Bridge

by sconi Online Now Jul 31, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Will be at the Vintage Motorcycle Show (14th & Wythe) in August (taking the 'L' train from Manhattan). Afterwards, from 14th & Wythe, would like to get to the Brooklyn Bridge area to walk over the bridge back to Manhattan. Appears to be about 4-5 miles. Is it safe to walk that distance from 14th & Wythe? If so, best route? Secondly, it appears that we could take a subway (G train to Hoyt/Schermerhorn and then the A train to High St) - would that make more sense?

Thanks!

3 Answers Aug 2, 2010 at 4:42 PM
    • More info about the Old Stone House

by rdeere Online Now Jan 20, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Sir or Madam,
      Very interesting, but I don't know (1) where it is, (2) its hours of operation, or (3) its cost. Please e-mail this information to me. Thanks.
      - Ron Deere

2 Answers Jan 20, 2010 at 1:37 PM