Brooklyn Travel Answers

change location
Brahmama's Profile Photo

Coney Island to the Brooklyn Bridge (bus,train)?

by Brahmama Online Now Mar 2, 2007 at 9:59 AM

We are coming in May and will stay in NYC. We want to walk over the Brooklyn Bridge and the Heights area and also want to spend some time at Coney Island. We're Seniors (full-fledged) and have to have a Nathan's hot dog, go the the Coney Island Museum and (if it's open the last week in May) ride the Carousel (I know it has a fancier spelling at Coney Island!). We would perfer to go to Coney 1st and walk back on the bridge a little before dark.

Can you help with transportation ideas?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Stef619's Profile Photo

RE: Coney Island to the Brooklyn Bridge (bus,train)?

by Stef619 Online Now Mar 2, 2007 at 11:17 AM

There are 4 trains that take you from Manhattan (where I assume you're staying) to Coney Island. They are the N,D,Q and f. Coney Island is the last stop for all these trains and drop you off right across the street from the boardwalk and Nathans! The train is the "quickest" way to get from Manhattan to C.I.
    mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.ht...

To get from C.I. to the Brooklyn Bridge you can take the F train from C.I. to the York Street stop (the last stop in Brooklyn and the cross street is Jay Street) from there I would guess that it is a 10 minute walk to the base of the bridge.

Here is the MTA bus map of Brooklyn so you can get an idea of where the F train stop is in relation to the Bridge. mta.info/nyct/maps/busbkln.p...

Im not an expert on Brooklyn, but have walked across the bridge and it's just beautiful. Coney Island is fun too, although they are scheduled to start a lot of construction there within the year.

Hope this helped!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines