change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 2giants's Profile Photo

tortola or virgin gorda

British Virgin Islands Mar 30, 2014 at 8:39 PM

3 extra days after exploring some of the smaller BVI - would you spend it on Tortola or VG- and why - Thanks!

more
    • Medical elective accommodation.

Tortola Mar 30, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Hello, a colleague and I are planning to do a four week placement at Peebles hospital during this coming summer. We're looking for accommodation for roughly 6-8 weeks and I was wondering if anyone knows of people who will take lodgers as staying in hotels for this amount of time would be beyond our price range.

Thanks in advance for the help!

more

Loblolly beach

Anegada Mar 27, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Has anyone stayed at Loblolly beach cottages? How is the beach there for "just floating" Looking for a place on the beach that is calm.

more

tortola or virgin gorda

British Virgin Islands Mar 30, 2014 at 8:39 PM

3 extra days after exploring some of the smaller BVI - would you spend it on Tortola or VG- and why - Thanks!

1 Answer Apr 11, 2014 at 7:50 AM
    • Medical elective accommodation.

Tortola Mar 30, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Hello, a colleague and I are planning to do a four week placement at Peebles hospital during this coming summer. We're looking for accommodation for roughly 6-8 weeks and I was wondering if anyone knows of people who will take lodgers as staying in hotels for this amount of time would be beyond our price range.

Thanks in advance for the help!

2 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 5:27 AM

Loblolly beach

Anegada Mar 27, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Has anyone stayed at Loblolly beach cottages? How is the beach there for "just floating" Looking for a place on the beach that is calm.

1 Answer Mar 27, 2014 at 8:22 PM
    • family vacation

Tortola Mar 13, 2014 at 8:42 AM

I would like to take my family to Tortola (daughter and son in law and teenage grandchildren 16, 17, 19). I would like to stay on the island of Tortola and travel to Virgin Gorda for the day and possibly a day visiting Norman caves and St John. I would like to stay on or very near to a calm, swimming beach where there are water sports activities for my grandchildren. Would you suggest a resort or would a villa be a better idea? On the beach would be preferable. Thank you.

2 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 10:08 AM
    • virgin gorda beer stores

Virgin Gorda Feb 25, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Is there a good beer distributor to get a large quantity of beer? We are looking for Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale if possible.

• Is there a place to store luggage for about 3 hours at the ferry terminal?

Tortola Feb 22, 2014 at 6:24 PM

looking for a place to store luggage around ferry terminal in Tortola? Wanting to wander around in between ferry times. Thanks in advance!

10 days to explore

British Virgin Islands Jan 29, 2014 at 11:20 AM

10 days to roam the British and US Virgin Islands - what should we see? What shouldn't we miss? What should we stay away from? Going in October!

2 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Island info

Tortola Jan 14, 2014 at 4:48 PM

If we travel to Tortola in October, where on the island would be the best place to find a beach front small bed & breakfast, guest house or cottage? Interested in good beaches, and safe spots - any suggestions would be appreciated.

3 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 10:23 AM
    • Events late April

British Virgin Islands Jan 11, 2014 at 3:46 PM

Are there any festivals or events happening the last week of April 2014?

3 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 4:52 PM
    • flight experience to virgin gorda

Virgin Gorda Dec 29, 2013 at 6:36 PM

My husband and I will be traveling to Virgin Gorda in May and we are trying to find the fastest way to get there. That seems to be flying from San Juan to Virgin Gorda. I am a little nervous about landing on a dirt runway. Can anyone tell me of their flight experience? I have flown on small airplanes (about 15 people).

13 Answers Dec 31, 2013 at 7:29 AM
    • Devil's Bay

Virgin Gorda Dec 1, 2013 at 3:46 AM

What is the significance of Devil's Bay Trail?

3 Answers Dec 1, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    • Devil's Bay

Virgin Gorda Dec 1, 2013 at 3:45 AM

What is the significance of Devil's Bay

2 Answers Dec 1, 2013 at 5:11 AM
    • Taxi or bus price

Tortola Sep 8, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Hi,
      We are a group of 4 ,and we want to go to cane bay and have a fast scenery and very little shopping,we wiil be arriving on carnival breeze.we want to do it by taxi or open bus.What would you suggest and what is the cost.

1 Answer Sep 8, 2013 at 9:26 AM
    • Sail boat rental

Virgin Gorda Aug 20, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Can you recommend places to rent sailboat for day sails? I am looking for about dingy sailing and 21-26 foot boat for day cruises.

1 Answer Sep 28, 2013 at 6:11 PM
    • VGFiend's Profile Photo

Kayak hire

Virgin Gorda Jul 24, 2013 at 7:02 AM

Anyone know of a hire company hiring kayaks on VG?

• roscrea1972's Profile Photo

Jet Ski rental

Tortola Jul 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Hello,
      I am travelling to Tortola at the end of July, and I was wondering if I can rent Jet Ski's while there. I have researched on the internet and come across some old posts stating "They are illegal" then I saw another post saying you can rent them at Cane Garden bay but no renal name etc was included in the post. I was wondering if anyone on here might shed some light!
      Cheers,

Mark

1 Answer Jul 9, 2013 at 5:32 PM
    • Gerd1512's Profile Photo

stupid question

British Virgin Islands Jun 29, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Hi all,

we try to reach the BVI for 2 or 3 weeks in the springtime 2013 , what is the easiest (and maybe the cheapest) way from germany (now you know the reason for my bad english) ? Atm i have found a way with air france and so on and it take 2 days and 1500 Euro per person .. Do you have a idea for a hotel (one of my dreams are the sandcastle at jost va Dyke and (of course) the soggy dollar bar :-)

???

greetings from Germany

Gerd

4 Answers Jul 1, 2012 at 5:10 AM
    • Getting & Living There

British Virgin Islands Nov 16, 2011 at 1:48 AM

Hey you all!

During January 2012 I am going to BVI. I am citizen of EU - BVI belongs there I suppose.
      I have heared I need return ticket - it's something I didn't expect 'coz I have no idea how long I wanna be there - probably a few months or years. Got any of you experience with this? Can I go there just with one-way ticket? Why it is way?

As next subject I am interested in living there. Can be on BVI easy life - in meaning - fishing, tearing fruits etc. with low cost. I do not want hotels etc. Just be there. Got a point? Generally - how much cost live there? With minimum expences of course.

If someone can help me, I really appreciate it. Thanks a lot!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

7 Answers Nov 16, 2011 at 11:11 PM
    • TORTOLA PUB CRAWL

Tortola Aug 28, 2011 at 4:50 AM

Hi, trying to find detils of the Pub tour, we are coming to Island for day as part of cruise in December 2011

2 Answers Aug 28, 2011 at 6:24 AM
    • Foundryman1's Profile Photo

Water taxi /ferry to Jost Van Dyke from St Thomas

British Virgin Islands Feb 2, 2011 at 5:08 AM

How late in the day can I fly into St Thomas and still get transport to JVD? I understand that there's a direct ferry on the weekends - that would be the cheapest option.How much time would I need if I were to take a ferry to Tortola and then another to JVD?...What would a watertaxi cost?....Thanks everyone -C

2 Answers Feb 2, 2011 at 2:52 PM
    • ferry from St. Thomas to Virgin Gorda

Virgin Gorda Jan 22, 2011 at 6:27 PM

What is the best way to get to Virgin Gorda from St. Thomas?

3 Answers Jun 22, 2013 at 6:25 AM
    • Travel from Tortola to Costa Rica

Tortola Dec 19, 2010 at 3:49 PM

I want to leave Tortola for San Jose, Costa Rica (by any means) on February 12 or 13, 2011. Trying not to come back through U.S. Any one have any suggestions or referrals?

• Mall hours on sunday

Virgin Gorda Dec 4, 2010 at 11:19 AM

What time is the mall and shopping stores open on Sundays?

1 Answer Dec 4, 2010 at 7:23 PM
    • Charter to the Baths

Tortola Aug 8, 2010 at 12:25 PM

We will be arriving in Tortola at 7:30 am on a NCL cruise. We have 14+ people in our group and are looking for a charter to the baths that leaves about 8 am or so. Speedy & Smiths ferry services do not depart until 9 am. We need to be back to the ship by 2:30 & would like as much time there as possible & not have to stay with a tour group.

2 Answers Nov 27, 2010 at 1:06 PM
    • Virgin Gorda or Jost Van Dyke

British Virgin Islands Mar 18, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Taking a one-day cruise with the wife and kids. I have been to Jost and love it but want to hear others opinion of which you would choose for a one-day excursion.

2 Answers Mar 18, 2010 at 6:22 PM
    • Tour to Virgin Gorda from Tortola

British Virgin Islands Mar 6, 2010 at 5:21 PM

I am planning a cruise with a day stop in Tortola, and i would like to visit Virgin Gorda. Since there will be probably many tourists who want to do the same tour, i would like to know what is the best way how to secure a participation on this tour - because i dont know if there is a limited capacity of these tours. Is it possible to book the tour via the cruise line prior the beginning of the cruise? Or is it better to take a ferry from Tortola to Virgin gorda instead of an organized tour ? Is it possible to book the ferry some days before the departure day?
      Thanks for every advice

2 Answers Mar 7, 2010 at 12:19 PM
    • Rhymers Cane Garden Beach Motel

Tortola Mar 3, 2010 at 7:26 PM

My wife and I will be staying at Rhymer's in July- I would love to hear comments good or bad and what important items we would want to pack that we may not consider..

2 Answers Mar 3, 2010 at 8:15 PM
    • Recommended hotel in Tortola for a family vacation

British Virgin Islands Mar 3, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Hello, please help me - i am finding a good and cheap hotel in Tortola for a week, ideal for a family with small child. I prefer a hotel on some nice beach, with snorkeling and water sport opportunities (cayacs, paddle boats) , with a grocery and good cheap restaurants close to it. I dont know if Tortola is ideal spot to such vacation, because i have found that:
      - many hotels are secluded and a car is necessary (but i dont want to drive there, because there is left-sided driving and what i have heard also dangerous)
      - prices in restaurants are very high there.
      What about taxis, are they expensive, if i use them daily ? Can i just call some taxi from hotel, or just catch on the road?
      Whats the average prices in an average restaurant there?
      Thank you for every information

• BVI First-timer

British Virgin Islands Jan 24, 2010 at 1:05 PM

My boyfriend and I are planning a week-long trip to the BVI's over Memorial day. We've been to St. Thomas and St. John, taken a boat tour around some islands in the BVI's, but I have no idea what island to stay on, resorts, best activities to do, etc. I would appreciate any guidance. Thank you, in advance.

4 Answers Jan 29, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    • Baths

Tortola Feb 6, 2009 at 6:20 AM

I am arriving on NCL Dawn cruise on Tortula. The snorkel trip to the baths is sold out. Are there local tour providers at the dock that will take you to the baths for snorkeling?