Travel Answers
Bristol

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bristol Cathedral and St Mary Redcliffe - suggest more?

by danieladavies Online Now Nov 23, 2014 at 1:30 PM

I am a huge architecture fan and enjoy seeing and photographing Gothic style buildings. I just read and article that says the aforementioned two are Gothic architecture and look great. I browsed images and can agree. So, I am about to visit Bristol, would you recommend any more places to see other than those listed in the article:
      eurotravel.answers.com/engla...

6 Answers Dec 16, 2014 at 7:11 AM
    • hotel bookings

by abslevy Online Now May 18, 2014 at 7:57 AM

Want to book a hotel with a pool for the balloon festival with a good offer but I dont know where to start

7 Answers May 27, 2014 at 4:53 AM
    • svetlanaM1's Profile Photo

The best way from Bristol temple meads to 20 PEMBROKE ROAD Clifton, BRISTOL, BS8 3BB

by svetlanaM1 Online Now Mar 16, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Hello VTfriends!
      I wonder what the simple way to get 20 PEMBROKE ROAD Clifton, BRISTOL, BS8 3BB from
      the Bristol temple meads station? The other question is what the best and cheapest transport to achieve 20 PEMBROKE ROAD Clifton, BRISTOL, BS8 3BB from King's Cross (LOndon)? Thank you in advance. Sveta.

11 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 4:37 AM
    • spidermiss's Profile Photo

Shoe Tree at the College Green, Bristol

by spidermiss Online Now Jul 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Hello

I was in Bristol recently and on the walking tour I discovered the shoe tree (shoes hanging from the tree branches) at the College Green. I now don't remember what the tour guide said about it. Please could anyone fill me in what connection the shoe tree has? It will help me write my VT tip.

Thanks
      Dawn

11 Answers Jul 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    • nattybabe's Profile Photo

1 day out of Bristol

by nattybabe Online Now Jan 20, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Hi all,

I will be flying into Bristol (from Belfast) at 9am and will have a full day (until about 5/6pm) to play with. Please can anyone suggest a good itinerary for me? I will be hiring a car and will be driving back to Bristol in order to meet friends.

Bath is a definite but should I see anywhere else?

Thanks!

Nat

21 Answers Jan 22, 2012 at 3:01 AM
    • sandot's Profile Photo

Bristol or outskirts

by sandot Online Now Sep 29, 2011 at 7:45 AM

Hi
      I'm contemplating a job in Bristol. I only know the North of England and so know nothing about Bristol and just wondered if anyone could recommend any nice towns nearby, with good transport links into the centre, that I could look for accommodation in. Or is Bristol itself a nice city to live in? What are the names of the areas where you would get professionals/families/not too studenty? Or as mentioned, the names of any nice little towns or villages nearby but with good direct bus/train links to the centre of Bristol.
      Thanks for any help!

14 Answers Sep 24, 2012 at 12:48 AM
    • Delwin's Profile Photo

Buses

by Delwin Online Now Mar 28, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Hi

I need to jump a bus from Bristol to Temple cloud.

anyone know what number I need and where it stops?

Cheers

Del

2 Answers Mar 28, 2011 at 11:12 PM
    • victor72's Profile Photo

Hire a room for two nights

by victor72 Online Now Mar 10, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Hallo,

I am going to visit Bath and Bristol from 18º March till 20º March with my girlfriend Alicia.I will get to Bristol aiport at 22:00 pm. We could not to find a hostel close to the center.
      Please, can you hire us a room for two nights ?
      My email is galancabal@hotmail.com
      Thank you. Kind regards
      Victor Galan

1 Answer Mar 10, 2011 at 9:28 PM
    • snow/ski equipment

by celtic10 Online Now Jan 24, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Hi
      My son is in a bit of panic have been travelling and now booked a one week ski trip in Austria but need to buy gloves and goggles other equipment supplied anyone know of shop where he can buy reasonably priced but quality gear in or around Bristol or further afield but not too far he's on public transport Hope you can help me as not much time to shop
      Thanks in advance

1 Answer Jan 24, 2011 at 10:52 PM
    • travel help

by brhoady Online Now Sep 20, 2010 at 12:06 AM

to get to amsterdam any way better than others

5 Answers Sep 20, 2010 at 9:07 AM
    • Thinking of coming to Bristol!

by wigsa Online Now Apr 2, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Hi everyone.

Me and a few friends are contemplating heading to Bristol for 5 or 6 nights in May while we dhave time off from rugby before preseason starts.We're attracted to Bristol because we can get there for 8 euro each way and understand budget accommodation is plentiful.We've also heard great things about the nightlife there,which is the main reason why we'd go.

Can anyone shed some light on the nightlife in the city,and what it will be like at this time of the year?Can people also recommend their top 3 things to do during the day in the city,as I'd like to get a variety of opinions on how we should pass our time in Bristol.

Thanks in advance,and any input is appreciated.

Regards,

wigsa

4 Answers Apr 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM
    • daleharper's Profile Photo

Attraction in Bristol City Centre

by daleharper Online Now May 23, 2009 at 5:17 PM

I'm a Malaysian, studying in City of Bristol College. I would like to do some sightseeing or traveling during this half term break. Am curious whether any places can I do my sightseeing within walking distance from Bristol City Centre, since the only transport I have is bus. Appreciate for the help, ladies and gentlemen. Millions of thanks.

4 Answers Apr 14, 2010 at 9:28 AM
    • romancandle's Profile Photo

Eating out in Bristol

by romancandle Online Now Apr 6, 2009 at 7:44 AM

Hello all! I am going to spend a night in Bristol with a friend on Saturday, 11th April (Easter Saturday). Any recommendations for good restaurants in the city centre? My budget is max £50 for two, and we would like to avoid chains like ASK or Pizza Express, etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 Answer Apr 4, 2010 at 10:12 AM
    • romancandle's Profile Photo

Budget Accommodation in Bristol

by romancandle Online Now Mar 2, 2009 at 11:22 AM

My friend and I will be in Bristol for a night on 11th April (Sat), and are looking for budget accommodation in central Bristol. We would ideally like a B&B, and prefer not to share a dorm room in a hostel, but are willing to if we have to. Although we are older students, we are still on a student budgets!

Thanks in advance for your help!

11 Answers Sep 29, 2009 at 12:08 PM
    • B&B in Clifton

by rahulkav Online Now Feb 13, 2009 at 6:12 AM

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a nice B&B in Clifton , near whiteladies road or Suspension Bridge for one night's accomodation. I am going there for Anniv. Could you please suggest one nice hotel or B&B.

cheers,

2 Answers Feb 13, 2009 at 8:21 AM
    • Pleese needs Help abut Airport Transfert !

by msep003 Online Now Jan 31, 2009 at 4:55 AM

I have a question for you locals !

I wanna go to Cardiff and actually Easyjet is the cheapest way to get there from Paris . Flying out to Bristol and then take a train to cardiff seems to be way cheaper than paying the high cost of airfares by Flybe from Paris to Cardiff .

So my question is how to get to Cardiff from Bristol Intl Airport ? Is there a Train Station at the Airport ? Do i have to take a bus to Bristol then the train to Cardiff ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answer .

3 Answers Jan 31, 2009 at 7:05 AM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

live music in Bristol?

by mindcrime Online Now Dec 24, 2008 at 12:20 AM

Any suggestions about small or big pubs/clubs with live music in Bristol's city center?

I'm more into blues/jazz but any suggestion(indie rock etc) will be nice.

k.

4 Answers Jan 7, 2009 at 12:37 PM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

must see things to do in Bristol

by mindcrime Online Now Dec 23, 2008 at 10:01 AM

Hi! I will be in Bristol for 1 day and a half so can someone tell me:
      1)what are the must see activities in the center?
      2)my hotel, CITY INN BRISTOL, is at Temple Way, Bristol, BS1 6BF but I cant find any map about the hotel. Is it far from the center?
      3)how will I reach the hotel from Colston Hall when I'll arrive in Bristol?

thanx in advance!
      konstantinos

10 Answers Dec 27, 2008 at 2:18 PM
    • French Study Abroad student in Bristol

by mela38 Online Now Sep 30, 2008 at 8:14 AM

Hi! I am a french girl going to Study Abroad student, at the University of Bristol. I would appreciate to meet with french people and share experience.

Regards,
      Melanie.

4 Answers Oct 4, 2008 at 11:50 AM
    • Erasmus in Bristol

by harukah Online Now Aug 17, 2008 at 6:28 AM

Hi! I am a portuguese girl going to Erasmus next October, at the University of Bristol. Can anyone please help me with a place to stay? What are the safest areas? I am totally lost.

Regards,
      Marta.

4 Answers Aug 19, 2008 at 11:43 AM
    • Erasmus in Bristol

by harukah Online Now Aug 17, 2008 at 6:26 AM

Hi! I am a portuguese girl going to Erasmus next October, at the University of Bristol. Can anyone please help me with a place to stay? What are the safest areas? I am totally lost.

Regards,
      Marta.

6 Answers Aug 28, 2008 at 4:28 AM
    • Mikey64's Profile Photo

Where should we stay in Bristol?

by Mikey64 Online Now Jul 11, 2008 at 8:49 PM

We'll be in Bristol for 2 nights in the beginning of September. Where should I stay? What hotel would you recommend? Restaurants? Which sights should I not miss while I'm there? Thanks for your help.

4 Answers Jul 27, 2008 at 7:59 PM
    • footstool's Profile Photo

the Hum

by footstool Online Now Jul 3, 2008 at 11:23 AM

did they ever pinpoint the source of the Hum?

1 Answer Jul 3, 2008 at 12:14 PM
    • Bristol from London Heathrow or Gatwick

by rickstarr Online Now Jul 3, 2008 at 10:57 AM

We will be flying from the States to London and then by train to Bristol. Would it more expeditious to travel to Bristol from Heathrow or Gatwick?

3 Answers Jul 4, 2008 at 12:12 PM
    • Airport to Yha

by zmvc Online Now May 6, 2008 at 11:45 AM

Hi.

What is the best and cheapest way of getting from the bristol airport to the YHA Hostel in 14 Narrow Quay?

Is the area safe to walk at night?

Thanks

2 Answers May 7, 2008 at 2:40 AM
    • alemir82's Profile Photo

Getting to Bristol from Cardiff

by alemir82 Online Now Mar 9, 2008 at 7:10 AM

I've flight from Bristol Airport on 27th april at 7.35 am so I was wondering if some on of you could suggest me some cheap or comfortable way to get to airport from cardiff and what time I should leave to be there on time for my departure!
      thanx in advance!

3 Answers Mar 13, 2008 at 1:18 PM
    • Kellaway Road

by rikseven Online Now Jan 30, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Hi!
      I'm an Erasmus student, and I am going to live in Bristol for six months.
      I found a beautiful house in Kellaway Road, which seems a quiet place but it is close to Gloucester Road and Southmead, which I heard are dangerous areas.
      Do you think Kellaway Road is dangerous as well to live?

Thank you.

Rik.

2 Answers Feb 5, 2008 at 2:45 PM
    • nealhugh's Profile Photo

From NY, NY to Bristol and hotel info needed!!

by nealhugh Online Now Jan 30, 2008 at 10:59 AM

I want the best deal to fly from NY to Bristol...and get a hotel with pool and jacuzzi...I do massage therapy...

All info very much appreciated!!!

Neal H. Hurwitz
      NY, NY
      646-884-0594

1 Answer Jan 30, 2008 at 5:00 PM
    • Hamspeck's Profile Photo

Short term accommodation - shared flat?

by Hamspeck Online Now Jan 14, 2008 at 2:26 PM

Hi everyone,

I am a German student of history planning to be on an internship in Bristol from the 10th of February till the 10th of March. Now I am desperately looking for some cheap accommodation - a shared flat would be great - rather close to the town centre.
      Basically, all I need is some space to roll out my sleeping bag; I do not necessarily need my own room nor a proper bed. I am very unpretentious, very flexible and most of the time, I am fun person to be with :-)

Hope that anybody is able to help me. You can also contact me via
      speckham1@gmx.de

Thanks to everyone and best wishes,
      Theresia

1 Answer Sep 26, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    • gerico.one's Profile Photo

Bristol 31 december

by gerico.one Online Now Dec 9, 2007 at 11:47 AM

I am going to come in Bristol 3/4 days for the end of the year 2007 with a friend.

For me it's very important to find a vibrant nightlife.
      We are italians so we don't need a few drinks. What about the cost to "come in " in the clubs?

Last year i have been in the south, in Bournemouth, the accomodation it wasn't cheaper but the cost of the nightlife was good, 1/2 pouds for "come in" and only in the weekend,so also the cost of the drinks was good of our local standards.

I need any useful information about Bristol clubbing nightlife. thanks

3 Answers Dec 19, 2007 at 6:38 AM