Bristol Travel Answers

change location

Thinking of coming to Bristol!

by wigsa Online Now Apr 2, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Hi everyone.

Me and a few friends are contemplating heading to Bristol for 5 or 6 nights in May while we dhave time off from rugby before preseason starts.We're attracted to Bristol because we can get there for 8 euro each way and understand budget accommodation is plentiful.We've also heard great things about the nightlife there,which is the main reason why we'd go.

Can anyone shed some light on the nightlife in the city,and what it will be like at this time of the year?Can people also recommend their top 3 things to do during the day in the city,as I'd like to get a variety of opinions on how we should pass our time in Bristol.

Thanks in advance,and any input is appreciated.

Regards,

wigsa

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Thinking of coming to Bristol!

by leics Online Now Apr 3, 2010 at 12:05 AM

I'm not sure budget accommodation is any more plentiuful in Bristol than anywhere else in the UK, to be honest, but you will find all Bristol accommodation listed on the official tourist information site here:

visitbristol.co.uk/site/wher...

You'll find tips and info about what to see/do in Bristol all writtten by Vt locals and members on the VT Bristol pages (use the searchbox top right of this page to find them), as well as on the official website I linked above.

Can't help with nightlife, sorry...but (as with the rest of the UK) I don't think the time of year will make much difference to what is going on.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • grets's Profile Photo

by grets Online Now May 19, 2010 at 11:47 AM

One of the very top attractions in Bristol during the day is the SS Great Britain - it's a must if you visit the city.

Seeing Clifton Suspension Bridge is also very worthwhile.

As for the third thing, I think I would just walk around the docks (you can take in the SS Great Britain that way too) and see all that Maritime Bristol has to offer.

• Re: Thinking of coming to Bristol!

by jazzy_jane Online Now Apr 14, 2013 at 9:10 AM

The night life in Bristol has plenty to offer. Especially in the Clifton area. You could try staying with Clifton Hotels. They offer really cheap deals for groups and I found them really helpful when I stayed there with friends. The girls on reception told us about a greta club - I can't remember the name of it now! Here is a link incase you are interested: http://www.cliftonhotels.com/

Hope you have a great trip!

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Apr 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Useful info, jazzy_jane...but this question dates from 2010, so I think the poster has long been to and gone from Bristol!

Perhaps you could put the info into a tip on your VT Bristol page?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Bristol