Bristol Travel Answers

change location
suvanki's Profile Photo

Rodney Hotel, Clifton, Bristol

by suvanki Online Now Sep 27, 2005 at 3:14 PM

Hi, Has anyone stayed at this hotel? The webpage makes it sound very good- Booked in for a night in October (attending a meeting, with 5 colleagues, so We're all curious to hear any personal comments)
Best Wishes,
Sue X

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • TJS1's Profile Photo

RE: Rodney Hotel, Clifton, Bristol

by TJS1 Online Now Sep 28, 2005 at 6:33 AM

Hi Sue,
    I know this Hotel but as I live in Bristol I have not stayed there. Clifton is certainly the best of Bristol (as far as I am concerned). Your 'home page' says you have been to bristol and I am not sure how much you know it? Anyway if you get the chance stroll into Clifton Village - plenty of bars and eating places - fish, Greek, Italian, Chinese, Indian etc. My favs - The Brunel Wine Bar for tapas and characters (the odd Bentley, Ferrari, Porche owner)The Clifton Sausage for food (they do a lot more than sausage - book early to avoid disappointment!) and The Avon Gorge hotel for a spectacular view of the suspension bridge from the spacious patio area.(all within 1/4 mile)
    p.s. I can relate to a lot of places in your profile - I was born in Doncaster, but have moved quite a lot, living in various places including Scarborough. Around Sheffield I have enjoyed many visits to the Chatsworth Estate (Baslow? etc)Castleton & Matlock Bath are also old favourites.
    Good Luck with your travels.
    TJ

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Bristol