change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Krk or Istria - which one to choose?

Croatia 1 hours ago

Hello everyone

We are 3 girls going to Croatia this September for 8 nights and trying to make our choice between Istria or Krk island.

The main criteria for us are:

- safety (which region is better in regards of safety)
      - interesting historical places (where there are more historical places to discover)
      - nice beaches (are there any sandy beaches in Croatia)
      - campsites (are there good rated campings with wifi, electricity, shower, toilets, hot water)
      - and possibility to experience scuba diving (are there any good places to dive, is it possible to dive without prior experience, is it possible to dive in Croatia in September)

During this time we want to see and experience as much as possible as this is our first trip together in many years and we want it to be very interesting.

Transportation in the region is also important. How easy it is to get to interesting places, are there shops, supermarkets, dive centers, etc?

Thanks everybody in advance.

Val

more
    • diment69's Profile Photo

Top wrecks to dive in Istria, Croatia

Croatia 2 hours ago

Could you please suggest must see wrecks on Istria, except well known Baron Gautsch? I want to make 4-5 dives in total and I adore wreck diving.

Thanks!

more
    • romeohotel's Profile Photo

Wheel chair accessible

Dubrovnik 14 hours ago

Can you suggest a wheel chair friendly restaurant in the old town.
      We prefer local to touristy.
      Thanks

more
    • Fly Fishing

Croatia Apr 23, 2015 at 12:31 AM

I like to fly fish. Should I bring my own gear or can I buy a good rod for under $200 there. Where are good fly shops?

Thanks

more
    • Customs at airport

Zagreb Apr 18, 2015 at 5:12 PM

We are group of Aussies flying from Dubrovnik to Zagreb & then onto Ljubljana by train or bus.Do we have to go through customs at Zagreb or can we just enter if we have nothing to declare? Thanks jayjay15

more
    • Club in Dubrovnik

Dubrovnik Apr 11, 2015 at 11:52 AM

What's a good club to visit tonight Sat-4/10, where the crowd isn't too young in Dubrovnik?

more
    • Dave_Palmer's Profile Photo

Zadar - How many days?

Zadar Apr 10, 2015 at 10:09 AM

Hi,
      My wife and I will be flying into Zadar this September and are planning to spend a few days there, before travelling onto Bosnia.
      We have two weeks booked, and initially were thinking one week in each location, and I have read that there are a few National Parks and Islands worth visiting in the surrounding area, and of course the city itself.

My question, for anyone that has been there, is how many days would should we aim to stay in Zadar before moving on? Is one week too long, or does it sound about right?

Thanks in advance
      David

more
    • Dubrovnik Viewpoints & Bus Question

Dubrovnik 19 hours ago

Where are the best viewpoints to get to in order to see that beautiful view of Old Town from above, surrounded by water I often see in photos? Is it east of the city (Bosanka area, on drive up to cable car station, other location?) or west? Where are Boninovo Cliffs? I know there are nice views from the cable car, but I was hoping to find something that gets a view from the east, I guess. Also, is there a particular time to go to these viewpoints? Are any available by Libertas bus in late afternoon or evening? What about the Cabrio bus view - I see it stops for photos, although I'm not sure how high up that is, or whether they let you off to take pictures or just take pictures from the bus. About how much would it cost to go up to the best place by cab, stopping for about 10 minutes for pictures, and then returning to Old Town?

Also, I may try to take a Libertas bus from Gruz to Old Town. I have read, however, something that implies that the buses may be overcrowded at times and I would have to wait for one with space. I'll be visiting late September on a week day around 8:30 AM. Is it possible I will have to wait for several buses before I can get on?

Thanks.

Thanks.

more
    • Tennis umag

Umag Apr 24, 2015 at 8:52 AM

Can you pay by the hour to play tennis at umag tennis academy

more
    • Clothing costs.

Croatia Apr 23, 2015 at 12:24 AM

Will be coming form USA and spending a couple of years in Croatia, mostly Zagreb. but will be doing some traveling in the country. I don't want to pack lots of clothes, so I was wondering what clothing costs are ? For instance, what does a good suit, button shirt or a pair of khaki pants cost?
      thanks

more
    • Holiday apartment or villa

Pula Apr 6, 2015 at 2:04 AM

We are looking to visit Pula from 5th - 12th September. We are looking for an apartment or villa to rent in the Pula area.
      Ideally we would like a pool and wifi connection.
      We would be grateful for any suggestions
      Many thanks
      Dean
      London

more
    • Travel with friends

Croatia Apr 25, 2015 at 5:32 AM

Hi everybody,

We are a group of 8 friends and we would like to spend a week in Croatia early September after our exam session. None of us has ever visited this country, so all your advice are welcome.
      We would like to rent a house near the sea. Having no car, we would like to be in an area where we can move easily with public transport.
      What advice can you give us about the places to visit as well as the weather that made it?

Thank you for your tips !

more
    • 8 days in Croatia

Croatia Apr 23, 2015 at 12:44 AM

Hello
      I am going to be in Croatia for 8 days in July with my family, it is our first time there, I need to know which cities to visit and what to use for transportation.
      And finally is it possible to go to Montenegro and how.
      Thank you very much.

more
    • Advice for young couple in Dubrovnik?

Dubrovnik Apr 12, 2015 at 8:45 AM

My boyfriend and I are going for our first holiday together this June and we are staying Dubrovnik's Old Town. We are going for a week and I was wondering how much money we would need for this time? We have accommodation, this money would be for food and activities.
      Also, can anyone recommend anything for us to do in our time there?

more
    • How are the roads in Korcula?

Korcula Apr 9, 2015 at 1:57 PM

I'll be traveling during the summer by car to Korcula and I'd like to get more information about the roads in Korcula. I found a video on youtube (youtube.com/watch?v=T_ZcQEFZ...) and I can see that they are narrow and very close to the sea. Is it dangerous to drive in Korcula?

more
    • mailyhoang24's Profile Photo

Sea Organ and Plitvice Lakes from the airport

Zadar Apr 6, 2015 at 8:57 AM

Hi everyone,
      We are 3 girls studying in Germany. We really love Sea Organ and Greeting To The Sun. How can we get there from the Zadar Airport by public transportation like bus? Is there any special place to experience night life in Zadar?
      We also want to visit the Plitvice Lake. Is it easy to get there from the airport by bus? Do we have to book bus tickets online or we just simply buy them when we come?
      Thanks in advance,

more
    • first visit to croatia

Croatia Apr 5, 2015 at 11:52 PM

in paris,i am hi planning to visit Croatia,in july
      any advise how to reach from paris ,is 24 hr enough to c this city,any accommodation advise which area.
      thanks

more
    • bus or train from Zadar airport to Ulica kralja Tomislava

Zadar Apr 21, 2015 at 1:56 PM

What is the best way to travel from Zadar airport to Ulica kralja Tomislava in mid September

Thank you

more
    • best venice day trip advice?

Porec Apr 17, 2015 at 9:06 AM

Im due to stay in porec at the end of may 2015 and would like to take a day trip to venice. Is there a best way? Any offers? How far is the port from hotel laguna in porec? Any advice or help, thanks.

more
    • Getting to Griffon Eco Center on Cres

Cres Apr 20, 2015 at 9:17 AM

2 part question:
      Is it possible to get to the eco center without a car - via bus? taxi?
      Is there any ferry or other boat that makes the trip from the Malinska area of Krk

more
    • Which places are a must visit?

Croatia Apr 26, 2015 at 11:50 AM

Hi, I'm planning a trip to Croatia in mid June. I was already in Zagreb and plitvicka lakes before, and now I'm more into the Croatian rivieria, nice views/beaches and places to explore. I'm traveling by bus from Budapest. I really hope I can travel with public transportation because I won't rent a car. This is my plan - I hope you can tell me what to add or change. I can get off first at rovinj or pula. I think I can start with 2 nights in rovinj (because I'll get there only in 18:50 so I need another day for the place and beach) and after 1 night in pula. after that I thought to continue with 1 night in opatija and then 1 night in zadar. after that 1 night in split and after 1 night in omis with a day trip to the island of brac. After that continue to 2 nights in Dubrovnik. From there bus to mostar. How does it sound?? it looks like too many nights and I'm on a budget so maybe it would be smart to cut some places.... And do you think I should book in advance the hotels? I want to be flexible but I'm afraid if I wouldn't book in advance it would cost a lot......
      Thanks for any help!!!

more