change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• TheAndos's Profile Photo

Barramundi Fishing

Darwin 3 hours ago

We will be in Darwin in July and my husband has always want to go barra fishing. Can anyone recommend an operator? I have seen Helifishing but that would be too pricey and we are going to Kakadu ourselves afterwards.
      Thanks!

more
    • 1 day tour in Pinnacles

Perth May 18, 2015 at 9:08 PM

Hi,

Would like to check if you guys have any recommendation in 1 day tour (depart on Sunday)
      I would like to visit Yanchep, Lancelin and Nambung National Park (Pinnacles). Most that I check includes Caversham wild life park (not interested in that).

Cheers:)

more
    • Yeagarup Dunes

Pemberton May 12, 2015 at 2:27 AM

Hi, how far is it to walk from the car park to the Sand dunes? Is it an easy walk for kids?
      Also, is sand boarding advisable here? Thanks!

more
    • Can I get a taxi or any other transport from halls gap to wonderland car park

Grampians Apr 28, 2015 at 2:38 AM

Can I get a taxi or any other transport from halls gap to wonderland car park

Thanks Geoff

more
    • wonderland walk

Halls Gap Apr 28, 2015 at 1:14 AM

I will be staying at the halls gap motel. ( I know I can walk up from Halls Gap, but it will be a bit too far for me)

I want to start my walk from the wonderland car park, then down to halls gap on the front of the mountain path.

Is the any way I can get a taxi or anything from the motel to the car park on morning?
      Thanks
      Geoff

more
    • Darwin to Adelaide commercial tour

Australia May 8, 2015 at 5:42 PM

Can anyone recommend a tour operator for up to a fourteen day trip. I have found several but cannot locate any postings about them.

more
    • Budget for Perth Holiday

Perth May 3, 2015 at 8:22 PM

Hi! Would like to know how much is to bring for a 2 weeks vacation in Perth. Hope someone can tell me cause I will be going there in October and I would like to do some planning with the budget .
      Thank you in advance 

more
    • Cruise on Brisbane to Sydney

Sydney Apr 28, 2015 at 1:21 PM

Anyone here tried a deal from Travel Online?

Found this cruise tour for 2N - Brisbane to Sydney - travelonline.com/cruises/des...

But would like to hear your opinion if others have tried it with them and how was it? If this is good for a family? How worth it?

Thanks a lot J.

more
    • Road condition report - Quilpie to Burke and Wills Dig Tree

Australia May 7, 2015 at 11:53 PM

What is the road surface and condition between the above destinations please?

more
    • How do I get to Mornington Peninsula from Frankston?

Mornington May 4, 2015 at 3:59 AM

Hello. I am taking a train to Frankston station but how do I get to Mornington Peninsula?

more
    • ADAPTER

Australia Apr 30, 2015 at 3:51 PM

Hello, I would travel to Australia next week, I have an adapter with 2 pins slanted instead of 3 pins (2 slanted and 1 for grounding), do you have any suggestion that the 2 pins only would work on Australia? Thank you for any help.

more
    • taxi fare port melbourne to A'beckett street near junction with Elizabeth St

Melbourne May 9, 2015 at 7:47 PM

from Beacon Cove Port Melbourne to A'Beckett street( Melbourne car rentals)..it's near the jucntion with Elizibeth street,........ I know I can get 109 tram to Eliziabeth st and change to La Trobe st. then walk........................................          

I am thinking of a taxi around..$16 ?...and believe they don't charge for luggage .....could someone please confirm whether I am right and also ,must melbourne taxis  they put on the meter, and do you tip taxi drivers ?............... 

other ideas for this trip would be welcome

Thanks Geoff

more
    • Best Way To Source A Camper For A Road Trip In Australia?

Australia May 19, 2015 at 7:33 PM

We are planning an Aussie road trip in a camper (RV or campervan), starting in the Barossa Valley in Adelaide, heading along the coast route to the Great Ocean road. Plan is to drive from Melbourne to Sydney, up the east coast and all the way to Noosa.

Have been doing some research and there seems to be a few options in Australia; - buy a used camper from a private sale (resell after trip) - buy a camper from a private dealer - hire one - rideshare with other travelers

Campervan hire; wickedcampers.com.au/cheap-c... http://www.jucy.com.au/vehicles/

Camper sales: http://www.melbournerv.com.au/ http://www.goldstreamrv.com.au/ http://www.pagebros.com.au/

Came across this guide from an Aussie site which recommends buying a used camper through a private sale, as you can get a better deal; blog.gumtree.com.au/backpack...

Leaning towards a used camper to buy as RVs from private dealers seem kind of expensive.

Does anyone have any experience with the above sites or can recommend hiring, buying or other?

more
    • My & My Sister are travelling 11th November -Decemeber

Perth May 18, 2015 at 12:49 PM

Hi, Me and my sister are looking to come to Perth for a month and we are looking for accommodation and jobs but have no luck. where are the nicest hostels obv as cheap as possible??? and help at all would be great.
      Thanks in advance

more
    • 4 girls on a budget to Perth

Perth May 15, 2015 at 2:54 AM

Hello, we are 4 bestfriends who will be traveling to Perth from Oct27-Nov5 (10days&9nights). We are on a tight budget. Our budgets are approx $1000 each. Or less.
      We need advice/suggestions/ recommendations on:
      -travel sequence & activities (as we will be staying for quite sometime, where should we go first, and what are some free or low cost activities we can do? We're planning to go to Rottnest..should we stay there for a night or 2??)

-accomodations ( we've searched online and through websites such as airbnb but we have problem finding the right locations for us to stay as we do not have our travel sequence planned out yet. We're also not sure to stay at one place the whole time we're there or change as we move along?)

-transportations (could you suggest the cheapest ways for us to go around perth while we move along from one place to another?)

We are really new at planning our own trips, your help would really help us a lot. Please & thank you :)

more
    • TriciaP's Profile Photo

Kakadu or Litchfield

Darwin May 17, 2015 at 1:49 AM

if you could only to one park visit would it be kakadu or litchfield, and why. plus any other must sees in Darwin only got 5 days

more
    • extended trip to australia

Australia May 22, 2015 at 1:58 PM

itinerary for 2 months in Australia without a car

more
    • Mispelt Middle Name

by Garyobr Online Now Mar 23, 2015 at 12:57 AM

I am worried as "lastminuteflights"  have mispelt my friends middle name (they missed out an "A" "Christian" instead of "Christiaan") My travel agent says I have to cancel the ticket & re-purchase another, as they cant change the name details due to Cathay Pacifics policy. Only thing is if I have to do that same ticket is now over $400 dearer, as this is Cathay Pacific's policy they say.

I contacted Cathay Pacific direct who said the travel agent has to make the name change, so don't know what to do now. They say we won't be able to travel unless another ticket is purchased, what do I do? I can't see why they just can't add an "A" onto their computer file. Will we still be able to fly with this mispelt name?

2 Answers Mar 23, 2015 at 5:31 AM
    • scooter, transport, brisbane, melbourne, sydney

by clairebarker Online Now Mar 8, 2015 at 4:02 PM

Hi does anyone know if you can legally drive a 50cc moped in Australia with a UK provisional drivers licence? I know you can in England but not sure about over there.

4 Answers Mar 9, 2015 at 1:21 AM
    • Jobs/ travelling/ accommodation/ info

by clairebarker Online Now Feb 26, 2015 at 2:41 AM

Hi,

I wrote on this site not long ago, so thank you for the helpful responses. However I have trawled through so many recruitment sites, pretty much covering them all with no such luck. So if anyone has any genuine contacts for fruit picking/ farm work/ or anything for two people please let me know :) we will be travelling on the 15th March from the UK so will be painfully arriving in Brisbane around the 17th, Thanks, hope you can help!

7 Answers Mar 4, 2015 at 2:50 PM
    • jobs/accommodation /general info

by clairebarker Online Now Feb 17, 2015 at 7:21 AM

Hi everyone, me and my boyfriend have flights booked for the 15th march. Anyone know of any fruit picking/farm jobs after that time? Accommodation and general traveller virgin tips would be appreciated! :) Thanks

2 Answers Feb 17, 2015 at 2:57 PM
    • Queen Mary 2..city shuttle bus stop

by geoffhongkong Online Now Dec 2, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Does anyone know where the cruise ship shuttle bus (from the Queen Mary 2) usually stops/picks up in Brisbane city

Thank you
      Geoff

2 Answers Dec 4, 2014 at 1:38 AM
    • Airport transfers

by Caddie9 Online Now Oct 6, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Hi was wondering what is the best way to travel from airport to southbank at 7 in the morning is there trains or is it better in a taxie for 2 people and roughly how much would it be thanks

5 Answers Oct 7, 2014 at 6:27 AM
    • bongsa16's Profile Photo

DFO shop near airport

by bongsa16 Online Now Sep 10, 2014 at 6:33 PM

I am a Singaporean going to Auckland on Etihad airlines. I will transit in BNE for 5.5 hours.

if I intend to go DFO shop, is it good and really worth going with this time given?

do I need a visa, and do I have to clear immigration in and out.
      how about my carry on luggage?
      Please help, travelling with 2 seniors and 3 teenagers

5 Answers Sep 10, 2014 at 8:22 PM
    • TravelingSue's Profile Photo

Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary

by TravelingSue Online Now Aug 27, 2014 at 10:36 PM

How is the best way to get to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. One book said Lone Pine Cruises depart from Hayles Wharf @1:15pm daily. Can you take another ferry instead of this one. Also where is the best shopping area in Brisbane. Thanks for the info. We only have 1 1/2 days in Brisbane so am deciding what is the best thing to do with that limited time.

5 Answers Aug 27, 2014 at 11:41 PM
    • Places to stay??

by catalinaresortau Online Now Jul 29, 2014 at 9:28 PM

I am going on a trip to the Sunshine Coast later this year my friend recommend me to go the Catalina Resort ( http://www.catalinaresort.com.au/ ), My question is has anybody ever been here? If so could you please tell me what it's like? Or if you haven't any other suggestions on places to stay in the Sunshine Coast would be more than welcome, Thanks.

4 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 5:12 PM
    • Brisbane Hotels

by annajoseph1988 Online Now Jun 5, 2014 at 5:56 AM

Our company is organising a three day conference in Brisbane and we have got a great corporate deal at Punthill Apartment hotels - punthill.com.au/specials-and...

Has anyone stayed here before? I'm a bit worried about the place and facilities since we are expecting some senior level executives to address the teams.

Any recommendations/reviews are welcome.

1 Answer Jun 5, 2014 at 6:59 AM
    • Single female travelling to Brisbane

by Parisio Online Now May 14, 2014 at 8:03 AM

Hello. I'm a single female travelling to Brisbane and would like to know if there are any tips on costs for hiring a taxi? I have heard that tourists can be taken advantage of. Is this a misconception? Hope you can help. Thanks.

On another note, I will be travelling during your winter. Is the city still lively during May/Beginning of June?

3 Answers May 14, 2014 at 6:33 PM
    • doraem66's Profile Photo

Davies market or Brunswick St Market

by doraem66 Online Now Mar 15, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I have limited time and can only choose one, which market is more worth going?
      Thank you.

6 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 2:07 AM

Parking in Brunswick Street Market

by doraem66 Online Now Mar 15, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Is it easy to find parking in Brunswick Street?
      How much is the parking rate?
      I will be staying near Barrack museum, not sure is a good idea to drive or take public transport there...

Thank you.

2 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 9:21 AM
    • free photo opportunities in Brisbane -- help with my list

by TravelShooter Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Am visiting 5 days mid March, using public transportation;
      Want to take pictures of shopping, dining, attractions,
      culture, diversity, daily life, economy, recreation, etc.
      Any additions, advice, or corrections appreciated!!:

1. New Farm Park, beautiful park on the river's edge
      2. Queensland Museum & Sciencentre, Hands on encounters
      3. Mt Coot-tha Lookout, Breathtaking views of Brisbane & Moreton Bay
      4. City Botanic Gardens, 10-minute walk from Queen St Mall in CBD
      5. Brisbane Square Library, new Brisbane City Council library at end of Queen Street Mall, in Brisbane Square
      6. Window shopping Queen Street Mall
      7. Albert Street Literary Walk
      8. Museum of Brisbane
      9. Roma Street Parklands, world's largest subtropical garden in a city centre
      10. Wickham Terrace at Spring Hill, oldest surviving building in Brisbane - the Old Windmill
      11. free concert at Customs House by UQ School of Music every Sunday
      12. Brisbane City Hall Visitor Experience Centre
      13. Southbank: Parklands, riverfront Promenade, 1km long Grand Arbour, Streets Beach, galleries, museums
      14. South Bank Lifestyle Markets: Friday, Saturday, Sunday
      15. suburb: New Farm Park cricket, football, Powerhouse Arts Centre
      16. suburb: People-watch in The Valley (Fortitude Valley) - entertainment precinct
      17. Valley Markets: Brunswick St Mall, ChinaTown Mall, Brunswick Street, FortitudeValley - Sat-Sun 8A-4P
      18. Kangaroo Point boats on river, abseilers & rock climbers on cliffs, bike ride base of cliffs for city views
      19. suburb: Paddington Antique Centre in historic Plaza Theatre
      20. suburb: Rocks Riverside Park in Seventeen Mile Rocks
      21. suburb: Wynnum Wading Pool
      22. Davies Park West End Markets Sat 6A-2P
      23. Riverside at the Pier Markets Sunday 7A-3P at Eagle Street Pier
      24. ?
      25. ?

7 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 6:22 PM
    • Is there car park in Port Of Brisbane

by ashfon Online Now Jan 31, 2014 at 1:02 AM

I am planning to do the day cruise tour to Moreton island. I wan wondering if there is car parking facility in or around Port Of Brisbane? Also how much does it cost to park car for whole day?

Thanks,
      Ashley

9 Answers Feb 1, 2014 at 9:59 AM
    • transport from cruise terminal

by seaquest2 Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Would like to take ferry to Stradboke Island from cruise ship. How can I do this? Is it advisable to do tour instead?

3 Answers Jan 18, 2014 at 7:49 PM
    • I'm afraid of snakes

by Girl295248 Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Maybe I'm shifting to Brisbane and I'm very scared of snakes I've seen them but only in zoos I live in UAE so there is not danger of snakes and my question is what should I do if I see a snake?

11 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 9:16 PM
    • Cheap Transport From Sofitel Brisbane to Sofitel Gold Coast

by Tonnyhartono Online Now Jan 12, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Dear All
      We will move from sofitel Brisbane to sofitel Gold coast? what is cheapest transportation to go there?
      And about going to hotter wharf pier (going to tangaloma island) whati is the cheapest transportation?

1 Answer Jan 12, 2014 at 9:42 PM
    • going tangaloma island

by Tonnyhartono Online Now Jan 12, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Dear all
      I plan to go tangalooma Island, but not overstay there, is it possibleto go there for return trip within one day only? how to go tangalomaa Island? and how long journey?

1 Answer Jan 12, 2014 at 3:12 PM
    • tonytyga's Profile Photo

Solo NYE ?

by tonytyga Online Now Dec 30, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Any solo travellers out tonite in Southbank?

• Tuesday nights in Brisbane??

by MaccaRJ Online Now Dec 15, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Where's a good spot to drink and have a good night in Brisbane CBD?

3 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Is there any car park in Mt Coot-tha lookout?

by doraem66 Online Now Nov 3, 2013 at 6:42 AM

Which is the most convenient way to go? Public transport or by car?

3 Answers Nov 3, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Where should I park in Brisbane CBD?

by doraem66 Online Now Oct 27, 2013 at 3:13 AM

I will be touring Mt Coot-tha, Southbank Market and Queen St Shopping Mall in a day.
      Where is the cheaper place to park?

Does Mt Coot-tha have parking space?

I will be staying in Kirkland Ave, will it be easier to take public transport or driving?
      There will be 2 of us.

Thank you.

11 Answers Jan 5, 2014 at 2:41 PM
    • KanchanK's Profile Photo

male strip club

by KanchanK Online Now Sep 21, 2013 at 1:44 AM

which is the best male strip club in brisbane ?

2 Answers Sep 21, 2013 at 1:53 AM
    • MISSED CONNECTION

by oldgeorge Online Now Aug 29, 2013 at 3:32 PM

What happens if I miss my bus connection time, due to the train I was on being delayed, can I get another bus to my final destination, and will I have to pay again?

3 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM
    • SCARBOROUGH /REDCLIFFE AREA plus the CBD

by AndrewJanBurton Online Now Aug 28, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Please do you have a plan of what is on between the 4th and 11th of September?

4 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 9:15 PM
    • A nice place to stay?

by gem_elliot Online Now Aug 8, 2013 at 6:46 AM

We're heading to Oz in January on our first ever travelling trip! We'd like to start it with a few days in a really nice hotel as kind of a 'mini holiday' before we start work etc (just 3-4 days) and wondered if anyone could recommend somewhere? The rest of the year will be spent in hostels/motels etc so we'd like a little touch of luxury before we begin! :)
      Thanks

10 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 5:36 AM
    • traveling to Australia

by gemico16 Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Starting in Brisbane in Jan - best place to stay, how to get from airport to accommodation etc? :)

4 Answers Jul 27, 2014 at 10:10 PM
    • daniele1272's Profile Photo

i am off to brisbane in november

by daniele1272 Online Now Jun 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM

off to brisbane in november aint had all that much responses on other forums just curious who else is heading out to that are around november december time as would like to get chatting to a few other people travellled on my own in the past but australia is such a popular place would like to meet a few others heading out

10 Answers Jun 29, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • siigel01's Profile Photo

The best quality & cheap

by siigel01 Online Now Jun 7, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I will be visiting Brisbane Aust for a workshop. I would want to know where the cheapest place is to shop. I will be at the Royal Albert Hotel.

4 Answers Jul 3, 2013 at 2:24 AM