change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• jcourtnellsmith's Profile Photo

A Day In Brighton

by jcourtnellsmith Online Now Feb 3, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Hello folks. Couple in 70s want to visit Brighton from Gatwick Airport. Is train or bus the best way from LGW and return ?
      We will have at least 8 hours but we will not have transport. Advice please, on the best way to spend the day from about 10.30 am ?

7 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 7:27 AM
    • Any way to get to Devil's Dyke this Easter MIDWEEK?

by phoaquinjoenix Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 6:18 AM

Hi,
      which is the easiest way to either get to Devil's Dyke or part of the South Downs trail midweek using public transport? The tourist buses only run at the weekends this time of the year.
      Thanks
      Sarah

2 Answers Mar 31, 2013 at 6:38 AM
    • moonlight_medusa's Profile Photo

Brighton - London

by moonlight_medusa Online Now Sep 26, 2012 at 2:21 PM

hey everyone,

i'm going to Brighton for a concert and i found out there's another concert the same night in London that i wanted to attend. the Brighton concert is about 1h before the London concert. i know it's a bit crazy but i really really wanted to attend both shows. if there's even a slight chance i could make it to both, i'd try to.

so my question is. would it be possible to get to the O2 from Kemp Town in about an hour at like 8/8.30pm? i suppose i'd have to take a train. i wouldn't mind missing a bit of the 2nd concert if that's something doable.

4 Answers Sep 28, 2012 at 12:28 PM
    • Drinkers Hotels?????

by h8banks Online Now May 5, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Hi, hope someone can help! I have got a friend travelling down from Liverpool beginning of June and we are planning on having a good *** up for a few days!
      I have been searching online trying to find reasonable priced hotels that have a late bar, but cant find anything!!
      Any hotel suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      (looking for clean hotel upto £100 per night for 3 nights, twin room and not miles away from the night life, oh and the late bar!)
      Many thanks if you can help and even get you a drink if you see us out ;-)

3 Answers May 7, 2011 at 1:54 PM
    • Hen Partay!!!!

by HenParty2012 Online Now Apr 12, 2011 at 4:46 AM

Hi Guys,

Looking for some suggestions please....

I have organised a hen party for my best mate, its not until next year but would like to know of some places to visit on the Friday night, where we can go for a nice drink and a little boogie! lol.

Is there any places that dont allow hen parties (we are not doing fancy dress!!) Would like to know of some nice, classy places please?

Thanks in advance

1 Answer Jun 18, 2011 at 3:32 PM
    • jezzabel's Profile Photo

Day trips from Brighton

by jezzabel Online Now Feb 24, 2011 at 2:31 AM

Hi! me and my broyfriend are planning on getting away this Saturday. We only have one day to spend, so I'm afraid we can't get too far (and we don't want to spend all day on a bus/train either), but we would like to get the most out of it... Going somewhere picturesque or somewhere where we can do something fun/different. The main aim is to completely forget about work for one day!
      We live in Brighton, so any suggestions for day trips from here would be much appreciated! :-)
      we already thought of Rye, and we've already been to Eastbourne/Seven Sisters. Any other ideas?
      Thanks for your help!

9 Answers Jun 19, 2011 at 12:20 AM
    • Glen30's Profile Photo

Public Transport.

by Glen30 Online Now May 25, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Hi there,

I will be in Brighton in a few days time and will be staying at this address:
      21 Charlotte Street, Brighton, BN2 1AG.

I need to take a bus from above address to the bus-stop called "Longridge Avenue"

a) could you kindly let me know which bus numbers I have to take.
      b) How many stops between "Charlotte street" and "Longride avenue"
      c) How long is the bus journey (10 mins ride?)
      d) Will there be announcements on the bus everytime it reaches a bus-stop.
      d) Can I buy a bus-card where I can travel unlimited for 3 days? How much does it cost?

Thanks
      Glen

3 Answers Jun 25, 2010 at 11:50 AM
    • Gillybob's Profile Photo

Gatwick Taxi Fare

by Gillybob Online Now Apr 13, 2010 at 5:41 AM

Can anyone give me an approximate taxi fare for the trip London Gatwick to Brighton seafront?

Thanks in advance!

9 Answers May 19, 2010 at 8:09 AM
    • Golf courses

by inmaculada31 Online Now Jul 8, 2009 at 2:37 AM

Do you know any golf course in Brighton and eastbourne or near for a non member to play? Thanks

2 Answers Jul 9, 2009 at 3:07 AM
    • How to go to Southampton from Brighton

by tanglisa7 Online Now Jun 3, 2009 at 5:53 AM

for a tourist, how to go to southampton from Brighton if i dont drive?
      Thanks.

3 Answers Jun 3, 2009 at 8:52 AM
    • mandybailey's Profile Photo

B&B - 1 night

by mandybailey Online Now Jul 26, 2008 at 2:08 AM

Hi, I'm getting really frustrated! Every B&B/hotel that I look at has a 2 night minimum stay at weekends! Can anyone suggest a nice place to stay that's central and allows 1 night stays? No more than £90 a night. Thanks!

1 Answer May 19, 2010 at 8:12 AM
    • norah123's Profile Photo

Brighton in May

by norah123 Online Now Mar 22, 2008 at 4:46 AM

As mentioned in a previous post I plan to go to Brighton for the day during the festival in May. What I would like to know is if the Hop On Hop Off bus will run during the festival and if I will need any other transport to get around. Won't have a car.
      Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 27, 2008 at 3:05 AM
    • Brighton Guest House June 2008

by MichaelDouglasBrown Online Now Nov 30, 2007 at 9:27 AM

My wife and I are planning to travel to Brighton for a weekend in June.
      We are looking for a cosy and clean Bed & Breakfast centrally located, any suggestions?

3 Answers Nov 30, 2007 at 9:57 AM
    • norah123's Profile Photo

Brighton Festival 2008

by norah123 Online Now Nov 5, 2007 at 4:52 AM

Hi,
      I have found out by chance, browsing on the net, that Brighton has a festival in May. I will be in London for 6 days and am wondering if a day trip to Brighton would be a good idea or if it would be too frantically busy. Have never been to Brighton and would love to see it.
      Thanks, Norah

5 Answers Dec 27, 2007 at 4:42 AM
    • Hilton West Pier???

by jrok43 Online Now Apr 25, 2007 at 10:27 AM

I am trying to find the Hilton West Pier, but to no avail. The phone numbers listed on this site don't work...does anyone know how I can contact them? I've called Hilton and they don't even show that this hotel exists, and told me that it is the same at the Hilton Metropole, but that is not what I've found elsewhere.

Help!

3 Answers Apr 25, 2007 at 11:08 AM
    • frozensausage's Profile Photo

Cheap Accomodation in Brighton

by frozensausage Online Now Mar 28, 2007 at 5:20 AM

Me and my friend are visiting Brighton in the Summer, and we're looking for an apartment to rent for a few days which is cheap, cheerful, and central.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

1 Answer Apr 7, 2007 at 4:13 PM
    • ursa9's Profile Photo

Brighton must-see attractions & recommendations

by ursa9 Online Now Feb 3, 2007 at 4:13 AM

Hi,

I'm taking a day trip to Brighton (from London) in March. Please tell me what can I see in 6 hours (besides the Pavillon).

Could you also recommend me some good and inexpensive places to eat.

Thanks!

Sunny weekend greetings from Ljubljana,
      Ursa

7 Answers Mar 16, 2007 at 7:16 AM
    • Is the fair closed now?

by lolo0 Online Now Jan 11, 2007 at 1:48 AM

Hello,

I understand there is a fair where there're carousel, ferris wheel etc in Brighton. Hope some of you staying in Brighton or anyone can help me.

Is it open whole year round?
      Is it a good time to visit Brighton at this time of the year?

Thank you.

3 Answers Jan 19, 2007 at 12:29 AM
    • poons's Profile Photo

Marine Parade Hotel?

by poons Online Now Dec 4, 2006 at 7:25 AM

Finding myself mad enough to brave life and limb by being blown off the pier at Pickledonions' Christmas shenanigans in Brighton below....

I'm trying to find a hotel on Marine Parade and having a bit of trouble by normal googling means. Anyone help please? (all the affordable rooms at the Atlanta have gone).

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Dec 4, 2006 at 7:49 AM
    • cullimar's Profile Photo

Royal Albion Hotel

by cullimar Online Now Oct 5, 2006 at 3:57 AM

hi has anybody stayed here, very mixed reviews on the web about this place. thanks in advance

1 Answer Jul 22, 2010 at 4:50 AM
    • cullimar's Profile Photo

Royal Albion Hotel

by cullimar Online Now Oct 5, 2006 at 3:56 AM

hi has anybody stayed here, very mixed reviews on the web about this place. thanks in advance

• The A venue Area-Brghton BN2!!!

by al_jamal Online Now Sep 22, 2006 at 8:48 AM

Do anyone have an idea about the above mentioned area, and whether it is nice, clean, safe and close the groceries.How to get there from Gatwick Airport? specially by Taxi? and what is the fare of it? if there is any recommended area what it would be?
      I am planning to study at Brighton Uni, in Falmer Campus. So how far is it from this area? and how to get there usually?
      Jamal

3 Answers Sep 22, 2006 at 9:29 AM
    • Travel question

by khushboo Online Now Aug 23, 2006 at 9:12 AM

Hi I'm going to tour UK this September and going to visit Brighton too. wanted to know if there is a cheap way of getting to bournemouth from Brighton (say under 10 GBP)
      Pls Help!!

2 Answers Sep 16, 2006 at 2:21 PM
    • KastleKonfusion's Profile Photo

Brighton Rock....the sweet....not the book

by KastleKonfusion Online Now Aug 16, 2006 at 10:16 AM

I might not have taken notice of Brighton if not for the documentary showing the making of the Brighton Rock. However, I couldnt find any information online as to where in Brighton this sweet is made.

I'd love to visit the shop when we fly to UK from Singapore in September, even better if we could have a factory visit to see in person how this sweet is made.

Any VTers gone for such tours or could provide a lead?

4 Answers Sep 16, 2006 at 2:25 PM
    • kirstylm's Profile Photo

Hen night advice

by kirstylm Online Now Jul 25, 2006 at 8:19 AM

Hello
      Can anyone recommend a decent bar in Brighton that I can take a well-behaved group of hens? We want somewhere stylish, with lots of seating that has a dance floor and a late license. Music that would generally appeal to most people. I'm trying to avoid walking around at midnight looking for a club!

Thanks a bunch.

2 Answers Nov 14, 2006 at 11:45 AM
    • second hand kids stuff

by scarlet_grey Online Now Jun 18, 2006 at 9:02 PM

I'm visiting Brighton and I wanted to get some kids stuff that I need for the summer, but I only want it secondhand. Can anyone give me any suggestions in Brighton and/or surrounding areas?

3 Answers Mar 15, 2007 at 8:30 PM
    • Weekend Away

by miniking Online Now Jun 12, 2006 at 11:25 AM

There is a small group of us looking to go away for the weekend, was looking a Newquay which looks awesome but its just to far away. We are now looking for similar places such as Bornemouth and Brighton and was wondering if anyone can help by letting us know of campsites that are close to the beach and won't mind a small group of lads?

1 Answer Jun 12, 2006 at 11:51 AM
    • ben_england's Profile Photo

Good cheap place to stay

by ben_england Online Now May 10, 2006 at 9:49 AM

Hi everyone
      A mate and I are going down to Brighton this weekend and need somewhere good to stay, probably in a dorm. Our preferences (call me picky...) are:

Somewhere with lots of travellers, not stag do's etc
      Somewhere with no curfew, as we'll probably fancy a few beers
      Somewhere within easy walking distance of the centre

If anyone knows of places, please give me a shout.

4 Answers May 11, 2006 at 9:55 AM
    • I come from Switzerland, Help!

by lepelican Online Now Apr 8, 2006 at 3:42 AM

hi

I live in Switzerland and study in a school of management. During the summer
      (august-october) I want to go in Brighton to limprove my english for 1-2 monthes.

Could you propose me something? During the day I want to do activity with english people, like a cours. I am also searching accomodation.

Regards

3 Answers Apr 10, 2006 at 12:02 AM
    • picchio42's Profile Photo

Finding Holiday accomodation

by picchio42 Online Now Mar 12, 2006 at 6:25 AM

Hi,
      We live in Italy and I'm thinking of spending the last 2 weeks in August with my husband, 17 year old son and his friend, in Brighton. Any tips on how to find holiday flat that is not too expensive. Also is Brighton a good choice for 2 boys of 17? Grateful for any help at all

Thank you
      Irene

4 Answers Mar 19, 2006 at 9:51 AM