Brighton Travel Answers

change location
CanadaLad's Profile Photo

Brighton Move Update

by CanadaLad Online Now Jul 23, 2005 at 6:51 AM

Thank you for your replies to our question about pros and cons of Brighton. The positive response we got from some of you was a nice balance to the pressure to stay that is being placed on us by our families who, though they mean well, are actually succeeding only in making an already difficult decision even harder. My wife and I will be arriving in the UK on the 3rd of August and we kind of need to hit the ground running.

So, now that we've decided to move to Brighton, the only question that remains is where. I've been looking locations up on the internet but I'd really appreciate some input from actual residents. We need to live in walking distance from the train station, but not too near.

Any thoughts?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • biggeorge's Profile Photo

RE: Brighton Move Update

by biggeorge Online Now Jul 24, 2005 at 4:16 AM

Looks like Hove or seven dials then , both good areas , Hoves got better parking , seven dials smaller cheaper terraced houses. Mind you if don't mind trecking up a hill Kemp town's probably walking distance form Brighton station.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • amapola66's Profile Photo

RE: Brighton Move Update

by amapola66 Online Now Jul 24, 2005 at 8:44 AM

Yep , 7 Dials is wehre people tend to go for the commute.
    We live in Hanover and my husband comutes.
    It's close to town, the downs, walking distance to the sea
    and 10 min walk to the station (there is also a bus).
    Also you have two parks(the Level and Queens Park) and there is a good community spirit here.
    I guess it depends what you want. The houses here are small with patio gardens.
    Places in Hove have larger rooms.
    Elm Grovw and Preston Park are also other popular spots.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines