Travel Answers
Briarcliff Manor

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• samtin's Profile Photo

Where do you recommend for a day out from from NYC on the LIRR?

Long Island Jan 18, 2016 at 5:38 AM

I have never been anywhere very much on Long Island on my many visits to NYC and wondered about taking a day trip out of the city on the LIRR. Can anyone recommend the best line/a destination to head for? We (two mature adults - like walking/photography/eating out - would like to see some of the coastal scenery and maybe spend a couple of hours or more in one of the villages/small towns. I like the look of the Montauk branch but appreciate Montauk itself might be too far. Where is nice to have a meal, a wander round and return all within one day? We would be visiting in mid-April. Thank you. Sam

more
    • What should I see in 3 days in NY?

New York State Yesterday

I'm going to have cancer treatments abroad, thanks to Placidway Medical Tourism. I'm from Mexico, but having the best treatment and the best oncologists is a priority for me. That's to say, I have my trip scheduled on 13th March and I'm going to spend 8 days in NY. I'll have 3 full days for visits and surroundings. So what do you suggest?

more
    • 3-4 week self drive of New York State

New York State Jan 23, 2016 at 3:12 AM

Am planning a vacation in September, Self Drive. Will start off in New York for 3/4 nights then hit the road for Albany, Lake Placid, Finger Lakes, St Lawrence Seaway Drive, Niagara, Buffalo, Erie and back to NY City.

Any tips for the best routes (scenic drives) and must sees very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • TRAVEL TO NEW JERSEY

New York City Feb 2, 2016 at 1:35 PM

I would like to travel from the Port Authority bus station to New Jersey to have a look round. I would like to know how often the buses are and how much is the fare. Also where in New Jersey will I be? Is it Weehawken? What is there that I should see ?. Any recommendations for a nice meal? Many thanks.

more
    • Seeking adv & suggestions itinerary for 16 days New York

New York City Jan 29, 2016 at 9:18 AM

Hi,

I am seeking adv & suggestions itinerary for 16 days New York and surroundings as I am planning my holiday on this coming May.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Dorothy Looi

more
    • Hotel question

New York City Jan 18, 2016 at 1:59 AM

I want to ask your opinion of the Warwick Hotel. Is this a good choice in terms of location, quality, etc. or would you recommend staying a little closer to Times Square? Thanks

Don Whitmire

more
    • broadway production

New York City Jan 22, 2016 at 1:40 PM

what is the best source to purchase tickets at discounted prices

more
    • praveenpd's Profile Photo

Late Evening activity

New York City Jan 16, 2016 at 8:41 PM

I will be in New York on Jan 18,19 and Jan 20 for work. I plan to stay in a hotel close to Times Square. I will have couple of evenings free. Could you please advise any local good restaurant /bars/clubs in and around Times Square. Any recommendation for 'things to do' would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks
      P

more
    • Waiting times in February

New York City Jan 18, 2016 at 2:44 AM

We are going to NYC in 3 weeks. We know it's the least busy time a year but since it's always busy in New York we were wondering about the lines at some of the attractions?
      What about the Ferry for SoL (plan to that first jetlag morning = Saturday), 9/11 museum (Saturday afternoon), Top of the Rock (Sunday early evening) and Empire (weekday morning)?
      Some advice?

Thanks!

more
    • Restaurant Recommendations

New York City Jan 19, 2016 at 8:51 PM

Just want to ask for restaurant recommendations near midtown/central park. Thank you for the help and advice.

more
    • Broadway production

New York City Jan 18, 2016 at 7:38 PM

If you can only see one Broadway production, which one would you choose?

more
    • Seeking adv & suggestions itinerary for 16 days New York

New York City Jan 29, 2016 at 9:18 AM

Hi,

I am seeking adv & suggestions itinerary for 16 days New York and surroundings as I am planning my holiday on this coming May.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Dorothy Looi

more
    • Sightseeing in New York

New York City Jan 26, 2016 at 3:02 PM

What is the cheapest way to go around the city and what are important places one can cover

more