Brest

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Address and location required

Belarus Apr 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I have a partial Belarus address that I need to complete including post code. and which city/ town is it near?

The address is:
      Molodechnen.d-t, Vytrepovsh., Str. Komsom. 15

Any help much appreciated.

Peter

more
    • Cheap Hostels

Minsk Yesterday

Please recommend some Hostel(s) cheaper than Eur10 per day and perfer close to the center, like from Yellowpages.by ?

more
    • Cheap Hostel(s)

Hrodna Yesterday

Please recommend some Hostel(s) cheaper than Eur10 per day like from Yellowpages.by ?

more
    • Romantic things to do in Hrodna whilst my gf says the city is boring

Hrodna Apr 8, 2014 at 8:07 AM

So my girlfriend lives in Grodno, I've never been there before but I still would like to do something romantic with her(she says Grodno is boring though)
      I'm curious if you've got tips or suggestions to do as a romantic thing...

more
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

One-day tour from Minsk

Nesvizh Apr 2, 2014 at 3:04 AM

Is it feasible?
      I looked up the timetable, Central bus station - it shows one (!) bus to Nesvizh a week. Left me speechless...

more
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

Provisional Minsk itinerary

Minsk Apr 4, 2014 at 6:50 AM

I have finally found a map of Minsk – you won’t believe it, spent over a week trying to find any map or guidebook on Minsk or Belarus at large in Moscow, talk about the union state!
      Now with a more or less clear vision of what is where this is what I am planning to do – suggestions welcome:
      May 1 Thursday
      Arrival, drawing BYR at Sberbank ATM at the railway station (hope it’s in order), catching a ‘marshrutka’ to hotel Sputnik (otherwise walking, hopefully there are no steps). What does one expect on May 1 – anything closed, or the other way round, any special activity?
      Going downtown to watch May 1 demonstration – if any.
      Checking up food supplies:
      - local Vasilki café chain (there is one near railway station) /
      - old reliable NcDonald’s with its free WC /
      - food stores nearest to the hotel . Found one – Chkalovsky at Voroniansky street 17 – they say they take credit cards, uff, good for them! Maybe I’ll skip taking cash with me altogether?..
      May 2 Friday
      Bus 100 9sort of do-it-yourself city tour) or metro to Nemiga, strolling around old town (I guess this is where is is)
      At night - ‘Romeo & Juliette’ at Minsk Opera; not row 8, but still in the stalls - must bring my Sunday suit, I guess.
      May 3 Saturday
      Botanical gardens (if the weather provides)
      Remote attractions like the National library and the observatory (is it an observatory proper, or an observation point)
      May 4 Sunday
      Going off the beaten path to Vankovich house (part of the art museum – can’t see why no one has written about it) + RSDRP 1st congress hut (I expect I will be the only visitor)
      May 5 Monday
      The flight is 14.35 – must be at the airport at 13.00, I guess – will book a taxi for 12.00. May try airport express from the central bus terminal. Do I get it right that bus # 100 goes to airport Minsk-1? By the way, Minsk International airport – is it Minsk-1 or Minsk-2, or it doesn’t matter?
      Extra:
      I tried to book ‘Krechinsky wedding’ at Gorky drama theatre on May 3, but Kvitki say they have only 4 rows left for sale. They can’t be serious!

more
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Bus links in Belarus?

by Drugness Online Now Dec 30, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Hello all
      Can someone advise it a link exists showing bus links in Belarus?
      In particular i'm curious about bus links between Brest, Hrodno, Niasviz and Minsk.
      Thanks guys :)

7 Answers Apr 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

2 questions about Brest - the Polish border & the fortress

by Drugness Online Now Dec 27, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Hello all
      Two questions for you
      First, crossing from Poland into Belarus - I was wondering if it takes longer to go from Poland to Belarus, or from Belarus to Poland? Silly question perhaps, but I hear it can take a while. Was thinking of getting the train from Warsaw to Brest.
      Second question, is it easy to visit the Brest Fortress memorial from Brest city itself. Is the public transport decent or must I use a travel agent or take a taxi?
      Also, if somebody can recommend good accommodation in Brest, that would be fantastic :)
      Thank you all
      DG

4 Answers Jan 1, 2013 at 3:36 AM
    • Following my ancesters

by k2bones Online Now May 1, 2010 at 7:39 AM

My Grandfather came to US via Brest, Belarus in 1914. I am planning to check the
      archives there for any information. We will be coming from St. Petersburg, Russia
      and would like recommendations on how to get there via train or plane. Thanks.

4 Answers Jun 13, 2010 at 11:21 AM
    • Transport from Brest Airport

by sonamaiden Online Now Aug 15, 2009 at 10:53 AM

What is the best and cheapest way to go from Brest airport to Camping Dy-Nadan in Arzano? We do not want to drive.

1 Answer Aug 15, 2009 at 11:04 AM
    • Travel Info

by iitpp0 Online Now May 21, 2008 at 2:22 PM

Is there any backpacker style of cheap hostel and train station hostel in Brest ? train station luggage storage ? By the way, any online street map for Belarus, good yellowpages online for Belarus ?

1 Answer Apr 27, 2009 at 10:21 PM
    • Visit to Brest via WAW

by k2bones Online Now Feb 12, 2008 at 6:37 AM

My grandfather came to the US via Brest around circa 1915. He finally settled
      in Cleveland, Ohio. The ethnic background of our name is Ukrainian. My wife,
      daughter (who is fluent in Russian), and I are planning a trip to Brest to check
      the archives there regarding emigrants from that area. I need advise on how
      to get there from WAW, also I need a sponsor or hotel to "invite" us there, and
      any further info that may help us with the search. We do have copies of documents from that time period. Please advise as we are planning our trip for May, 2008. Thank you
      greg krivchenia

3 Answers Jun 18, 2009 at 12:16 PM
    • Renting a car in Brest

by monzaaa Online Now Jun 12, 2007 at 7:51 AM

I am going to visit belarus in the coming few days and i will be staying in kobryn region.But i was thinking if there will be any car renting offices in brest region.

• Vlasovtse or Wlasowce

by Gillianwlosowicz Online Now Apr 23, 2007 at 3:50 AM

I have just found out my father was born in Wlasowce. He was Polish. I would like to visit in 2008. Many web sites say it is in Ukraine others in Belarus. Please help , does anyone know of this village and how easily could I travel from the UK to it.

4 Answers May 28, 2007 at 3:18 AM
    • From Brest to Terespol @ 7 Jan 2007 - how ???? HELP !

by Raffmo Online Now Dec 26, 2006 at 5:50 AM

I have just noticed that usual trains between Brest and Terespol do not travel @ 7 Jan 2007.

At this day a need to get to Poland ! What would you advice me ?
      I was thinkig about crossing the border by a car with somebody. How much costs to take a taxi from Brest Central station to the border ? I am afraid that taxi drivers from Central station take too much. Do you have radio taxi in Brest ? If yes pls give me some numbers with area code.

Thanks for a help.

• information

by paoloboatto Online Now Dec 21, 2006 at 4:42 AM

I wish to go to Warsaw by plane then to Brest by train. Where can I find a timetable of the Warsaw-Brest trip?. From Brest I need to go to Pinsk; again I wish to know the available trains. Another question: is it simple to go from the Warsaw airport to the railway station?
      Thanks in advance
      Paolo

1 Answer Dec 31, 2006 at 10:07 AM
    • Is Brest a safe place to visit?

by Janneke98 Online Now May 28, 2006 at 5:38 AM

Hello,
      I'm planning to take a train from Minsk to Brest this july. I want to stay one or two days in Brest and than I take a train to Poland. I am a young female and I will be alone on this trip (and during my stay) I would like to know if Brest is a safe place. Of course I will not wander the emty streets at night but I would like to take long walks during the daytime and make a lot of photographs. I heard a lot of scary stories about this place but none of the people telling them have actually been in Brest. So, should I believe them and change my trip, or is it all not that bad?
      Thanks a lot!

4 Answers Jul 18, 2006 at 8:13 AM
    • A little help please

by ArronDavid Online Now Jul 28, 2005 at 9:24 AM

Greetings! I'm hoping someone will help a guy out. I have been cooresponding with a young lady who says she lives in Brest, Belarus. We have exchanged e-mails and pictures for about two weeks now. There is a strong possibility that this could be a big scam so I'm hoping someone in Brest could check out this Address she gave me and tell me if it is valid or not. She has not asked for money or anything and sounds very genuine and I do like her a lot if she is real. The address is...

Kosmonavtov str. 4
      Brest, 225000
      Belarus

I dont want to give the name out because this could all be very real and that wouldn't be right. I'm just hoping some honest person in Brest will read this and want to help me out. If somebody has a better idea I'm listening...My e-mail is Aschallock@sbcglobal.net

Thank you

2 Answers Jan 15, 2006 at 10:17 AM
    • Yogi555's Profile Photo

You are welcome

by Yogi555 Online Now Jan 2, 2004 at 11:10 PM

I see that there is nobody at the forum of my city. I hope that the message will help someone to learn more about my nice city

1 Answer Aug 11, 2008 at 10:10 PM