Brest Travel Answers

change location

Tour suggestion please

by texto Online Now Aug 7, 2008 at 1:34 PM

Hi,

I have two days in Brest and I need some advice on how to get the best out of my visit. I want to see beautiful sandy beaches and natural beauty. I won't be driving. Please can you recommend something spectacular?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Tour suggestion please

by ATLC Online Now Aug 7, 2008 at 2:29 PM

For bus transportation around Brest, BIBUS is the company you need:
    http://www.bibus.fr/
    There is an English version.

In Bretagne, there are many spectacular sights. The northern coast line (Pink Coast because of the colour of the rocks), Mont-Saint-Michel (take a train from Brest to Rennes, then see bus services at www.lescourriersbretons.fr

To be honest, a car would be best. You could rent one for a day, and explore the south coast. There are celtic landmarks, and beautiful nature sights.

You'll find the most popular places at:
    Bretagne Travel Guide

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Tour suggestion please

by texto Online Now Aug 9, 2008 at 12:18 PM

Thank you. Bibus has an interactive map which helped me plan the trip. I could not find a decent printable tourist map of Brest on Google. Not to comfortable driving on the other side of the road - so I'll stick with buses and trust my legs :-)

Any recommendations for vegetarian food in Brest? (Indian, Chinese, Middle eastern or french?)

• ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Tour suggestion please

by ATLC Online Now Aug 9, 2008 at 12:20 PM

The French www.viamichelin.com will provide you with very detailed maps. Try it!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines