Brest Travel Answers

change location

hello help me out

by rajeevdharavath Online Now Apr 8, 2008 at 11:51 AM

hi,
i am rajeev,i am plannin to visit brest in may..can u suggest me some part time jobs,and plz provide me with an idea of the jobs and pay,and i dont know french,,,,

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • christine.j's Profile Photo

Re: hello help me out

by christine.j Online Now Apr 9, 2008 at 1:18 AM

You don't say where you're from. In case you don't have an EU passport, you need a work permit which is very hard to get. Without speaking French it will also be very hard to get a job. Why don't you start to learn French in preparation of your visit? This will increase your chances.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: hello help me out

by rajeevdharavath Online Now Apr 14, 2008 at 7:49 AM

well i am from india..coming to brest on sme research wrk for 3mnths..i just want some part time job to support my stay.will it be a problem for me to get a job at brest.i can do any work to support my stay

by christine.j Online Now Apr 14, 2008 at 10:18 PM

sme research wrk - you mean some research work? Check the visa you got for the research work, if it allows you to work or not.Even if you have the work permit, it will be very hard to find a job, since you don't speak French and will only be there for a few weeks.
    Where do you do your research work? Maybe the people there will be able to point you towards a job, where you won't need French. Do you do your research work in English?

by rajeevdharavath Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 7:59 AM

well thanq...i am plannin my research at human rights commision..nd my research is in english....i have a tourist visa

by rajeevdharavath Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 8:00 AM

well thanq...i am plannin my research at human rights commision..nd my research is in english....i have a tourist visa

by christine.j Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 8:06 AM

I'm sorry to tell you that you're not allowed to work on a tourist visa.If you did and were found out, you could forget about doing your research and would face other consequences, among them being banned from the Schengen area for some years.
    But as I said before, without any French your chances would have been very low anyway.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines