Brest Travel Answers

change location
Toyin's Profile Photo

BREST THIS WEEKEND (17-20 December 2004)

by Toyin Online Now Dec 16, 2004 at 11:35 PM

Hello, I would be driving to Brest from Paris today. (Sorry this is comming very late)..Any suggestion as to areas of interests? I need to see as much withing the time constraints. Thank you.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • freya_heaven's Profile Photo

Re: BREST THIS WEEKEND (17-20 December 2004)

by freya_heaven Online Now Dec 17, 2004 at 12:16 AM

Brest has a large harbour to enjoy plus the Chateu de Brest over looking the harbour, which is now also home to a naval museum. A few years ago I visited the Oceanopolis, which is well worth a visit. There are 3 different tempersture zones to explore. If the weather is kind to you, there are boat trips you can take from the harbour to the islands or just across the river. The harbour cruise qives you a nice view of the city. Not far outside the city are lovely little places like St Thegonnec, La roche Maurice etc with wonderful old churches. Further afield southwards there places like Carnac with its standing stones, Concarneau which has an island fortress in the harbour to explore & the wonderful cobbled old town of Auray, but I am not sure if you would have time to visit these places too. Lucky you Toyin this is my favorite area of France! Have a wonderful trip (~_~)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Toyin's Profile Photo

Re: Re: BREST THIS WEEKEND (17-20 December 2004)

by Toyin Online Now Dec 17, 2004 at 1:17 AM

Thank you Nicola, I truely appreciate your kindness...I sincerely look forward to a good trip. Regards.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines