change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Rachel972's Profile Photo

Online tickets to the Belvedere

Vienna Apr 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM

I want to order the tickets for the lower and upper Belvedere. It is for one entrance. Can we go to each palace on a separate day (entering each place only once ) ?

more
    • Bus timings from Salzburg to Bad Ischl?

Hallstatt Apr 1, 2014 at 5:16 AM

Does the bus from salzburg to bad ischl leave at top of the hour, say 7am, 8am. when is the first bus from salzburg for bad ischl?

more
    • is there a bus from innsbruck train station to unterried.

Unterried Mar 22, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Is there a bus from Innsbruck train station to Unterried and if so, how long is the bus ride? Can you provide me with a bus schedule website? Thank you.

more
    • travel between Durnstein and Krems

Dürnstein Mar 17, 2014 at 6:50 AM

We would like to stop off at Durnstein on our day trip through the Wachau valley. We intend to buy a combi ticket from Vienna and get off the boat at Durnstein instead Krems. We should arrive in Durnstein at about 15.10.

1) how long is the walk into town from where we will dock and what would be the best use of our time there as we will only have about an hour or so.
      2) from Durnstein we will have to get to Krems for our journey back to Vienna, should we take a bus or is there a train to take us to Krems, we plan to catch the 18.02 train back to Vienna and would like a little time also in Krems if possible.

many thanks
      Christine Cheeseman (England)

more
    • tusharbhotica's Profile Photo

salt mines near salzburg

Salzburg Apr 12, 2014 at 9:37 PM

which saltmine should one visit near salzburg? we are a family of children in the late teens.

more

Timetable for Vienna museums

Vienna Apr 5, 2014 at 1:57 AM

I get my information from different websites, and I'm going to buy the entrance tickets online. I understand that the upper and lower Belvedere are separate, that I can see the lower on one day, coming early to see the Prunkstall that's open only in the morning. And the upper Belvedere on Thursday to see also at noon the painting restoration. The restoration is open on Tuesday too, but I have a concert in the early evening.

We'll be staying at the Beethoven hotel, I guess we'll use the metro stations at the Karlsplaz. To which stations should we travel for each Belvedere? or use a tram? or walk to the Lower, it looks close on the map.

more
    • From Salzburg to Munich

Salzburg Mar 28, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I am looking for cheap train tickets to Munich for family of 4.
      I see lots of transport from munich....(Bayern tix)

What about to Munich to Salzburg. Railjet/DB says E35 per person
      Does Bayern tix work from Salzburg to Munich???

more
    • PhillyJohn's Profile Photo

Einfach-Raus tix

Salzburg Mar 21, 2014 at 7:55 PM

I just stumbled across this offer (it looks like the German Lander ticket). It seems expensive, but might suit us for some of our short, local trips out from Salzburg. I am assuming it is only for the state it is bought in, like Lander. It may not make economic sense, but I will compare it to buying individual tix for trains.

more

Where to stay

Salzburg Mar 21, 2014 at 7:20 AM

We are a 2 family group? Where to stay? Alistair or?

more
    • Hiking/biking in the Tirol region

Austria Apr 12, 2014 at 5:01 PM

My wife and I are planning a trip in late May to go hiking in the Tirol Region of southern Austria. What would be a good base town for this type of adventure? I was think about Kitzbuhel? Are there better options? We will have a car.

more
    • best possible way of going from Vienna international airport to Innsbruck with kids

Austria Apr 11, 2014 at 5:33 AM

My flight will arrive at 6:00a.m. at vienna international airport.We are going to be 4 people-me, my husband and my 2 kids.From the airport we have to go straight to Innsbruck. I m really confused how to reach Innsbruck from the airport. Can somebody help me n guide me the best possible way of reaching Innsbruck from Vienna airport.Thankyou

more

Meidling train station

Vienna Apr 5, 2014 at 4:33 AM

After reading Globetrott's warning about the Südbahnhof, how is the Meidling station? Overcrowded? Clear signs? We have train tickets for Budapest, and plan to take a taxi from the hotel.

more

Where to stay in Vienna

Vienna Mar 22, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Which is the central area to stay for tourists

more

What are the smoking regulations in Beisl, cafees, shows ?

Vienna Mar 20, 2014 at 8:22 AM

We don't go to any public place where there's the smell of cigarette smoke. I don't like to enter a place, sniffle around and leave.
      Our hotel is near the Naschmarkt, so we'll have quite a choice of eating places. We're coming in April, so that's not a season to sit outside.

more
    • grossglockner

Heiligenblut Mar 30, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Are all these places u write about open in winter time? If not, which areas should some old persons visit in winter time, just to see the glacier views and feel they are in the Alps? Thanks, Petros

more

Showing ID with photo for discount tickets

Vienna Apr 12, 2014 at 7:23 AM

I bought several tickets online, opera and museums, and got discounts for age. I have to show a photo ID. Do you think it's ok to show a photocopy of our passports? I don't want to carry them with me.

more