Bremen Travel Answers

change location
charlotte1976's Profile Photo

Family room in hotel in city centre

by charlotte1976 Online Now Oct 24, 2011 at 7:00 AM

I am looking for a hotel which has a 'family room' type set up. Either a two bedrooms linked together or 1 bedroom with a lounge area as well. This is so that when we put our son to bed we can go into another area to relax rather than having to sit in silence for the rest of the evening!

Does such a place exist in Bremen city centre?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Turtleshell's Profile Photo

Re: Family room in hotel in city centre

by Turtleshell Online Now Oct 24, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Basically you are asking for a suite, or an apartment aren't you?

There is at least one hotel (the only one *I* know of) which actually has a "Family Apartment". It is called City Hotel Bremen where they have two rooms separated by a bathroom. It is really not the best hotel, but relatively affordable, when you take into account that you can accomodate up to 5 people in such a "Familienzimmer".

city-hotel-bremen.de/City-Ho...

Wait a minute, Google came up with this: looks more promising and personal, it is cheaper, too, but I would not expect room service, as it is no hotel:

gaestetraeume.com/en/index.h...

Check out the Uppsala apartment, both "Findorf" and "Viertel" are quite centrally located. Not perfectly located perhaps, but it is okay.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Turtleshell's Profile Photo

Re: Family room in hotel in city centre

by Turtleshell Online Now Oct 24, 2011 at 5:39 PM

I checked gaestetraeume,com again, and the 2-room apartment ("Uppsala") is situated in "The Viertel", which is actually better than Findorff. When you look at the map ...

http://tinyurl.com/6zm6cgv

... you'll see a green strip to the right, the Wallanlagen, that is the former town wall. You'd have to walk (north) to Vor dem Steintor or (west) to Sielwall to find shops, bakeries and a tram to the actual center within Wallanlagen. (If I remember correctly, in the case of Sielwall, you'd have to change trams at Vor dem Steintor).
    I'd simply walk all the way to Wallanlagen, but than again I don't have a kid.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Bremen