Bremen Travel Answers

change location

Arriving on 27th June for 3 nights -hotels, nightlife any suggestions are welcomed!

by kashyap421 Online Now May 13, 2008 at 9:05 AM

Hi everyone..

Arriving on 27th June from Scotland-celebrate my friends upcoming wedding.

Found a lot of the hotels expensive -found a website for bed and breakfasts-anyone know about the site: www.bed-and-breakfast.de

They recommended a place in the Aldstadt area- Stephaniviertel and one a little further out in the Bremen Neustadt: both areas nice-what would u say?

Any help or advice for things to do and also re nightlife would be welcomed-cheers

Kash

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • JHR's Profile Photo

Re: Arriving on 27th June for 3 nights -hotels, nightlife any suggestions are welcomed!

by JHR Online Now May 13, 2008 at 2:41 PM

Stephaniviertel - pleasant area ,around St Stephens Church. Area and church rebuilt after the war. The church itself is near to the river. And it's only a short stroll into town.

It's the obvious place, but riverside drinking on 'die Schlachte' was very pleasant, the beer excellent and not overpriced.

Also head to the Ostertorviertel - lots of bars-restaurants. Get off a tram at Goetheplatz and stroll eastwards.

Note: I took the boat trip round Bremen port (Hafenrundfahrt). A pleasant way to spend a few hours, and the vessel I sailed in had a bar!

Hope this helps.

James - Anglo-Scot; living near Manchester; formerly of Uddingston; Motherwell fan (Europe here we come); looking forward to dodging bears in Manchester tomorrow (14/05/08) to attend a German evening-class! How they got past Werder still baffles me...as it did most people in Bremen

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Bremen