Breda Travel Answers

change location

worried

by chuchodog Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 5:31 AM

i arrive in breda at approx 3am and my onward train leaves at 6am. is there anywhere to go? eg cafe, etc
Colleen

Quote & Answer
11 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: worried

by davidjo Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 5:58 AM

If you look at Breda on VT and click 'nightlife' you will see that there are several tips but unfortunately there is not much info regarding opening times but i suspect that there will not be too much open at that time of night.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • vtveen's Profile Photo

by vtveen Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 6:10 AM

Around the railway station (Stationsplein) you will find cafes.
    A little bit further away (about 1 km) is the Grote Markt with shops and a lot of cafes.

• Kaaskop85's Profile Photo

by Kaaskop85 Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 6:58 AM

It depends on which day you're there. On Thursday, Friday and Saturday you might be lucky. There are some cafe's and discotheques in the center (Grote Markt and Kerkplein) that are open until 4am.

• vtveen's Profile Photo

by vtveen Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 6:59 AM

Sorry, didn't see you are arriving in the night.
    Suppose there will not be much (if any) cafes open on that time of the 'day'.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• johngayton's Profile Photo

by johngayton Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 7:06 AM

You could always pop into the Apollo hotel (next door to the station) and ask if it's OK to use their foyer for an hour or two and get a coffee (from the vending machine). I can't gaurantee they'll allow you but I'm sure if you ask nicely and explain that you're waiting for your train then you stand a good chance. Breda is a friendly place.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Towards the weekend on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays some clubs are open till 5AM, like Nightlife at the Reigerstraat 22; some 500 meters South of the station.

Most bars close at 2 or 3 Am.

PJ

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I recommend you walk to the center (15-20 mins, max) and have an early meal and/or a draught beer at the Grote Markt (market square) where the big church (St Jan) is. Plenty of restaurants and pubs there and you will have seen a bit of Breda which is a lovely city.

When you leave the station, just keep walking straight on. On the first stretch of about 200 metres you will see a tourist office on your right hand side. Get a free map there if you want.

As I said, keep walking on, once you cross a main road (where you see a park on the other side), walk through the park towards the big church tower. Then you're on the aforementioned 'Grote Markt'. Spend 2 hours there and walk back. No worries, enjoy!

• johngayton's Profile Photo

by johngayton Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 4:07 PM

ATLC wrote:
    I recommend you walk to the center (15-20 mins, max) and have an early meal and/or a draught beer at the Grote Markt (market square) where the big church (St Jan) is. Plenty of restaurants and pubs there and you will have seen a bit of Breda which is a lovely city.

When you leave the station, just keep walking straight on. On the first stretch of about 200 metres you will see a tourist office on your right hand side. Get a free map there if you want.

As I said, keep walking on, once you cross a main road (where you see a park on the other side), walk through the park towards the big church tower. Then you're on the aforementioned 'Grote Markt'. Spend 2 hours there and walk back. No worries, enjoy!

It helps if you read the question!

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 3:51 AM

Oops, sorry, we do not use the AM and PM timeframe here so I was confused. I thought you were arriving in the afternoon :-)
    Anyway, if you do follow pieter_jan_v's advice (see above) then my walking route applies.

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 4:03 AM

BTW When are you travelling?

I just ask, because on the moment the international train service has been suspended due to show fall in the North of France and some parts of Belgium.

PJ

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 4:07 AM

pieter_jan_v wrote:
    BTW When are you travelling?

I just ask, because on the moment the international train service has been suspended due to show fall in the North of France and some parts of Belgium.

PJ

See: thalys.com/nl/en/traffic-inf...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines