Breckenridge

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Safety and a Good Start

Denver Apr 8, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I'm moving to Denver with my best friend, from New Orleans with NO car. We are going to take advantage of the transit lines. Can anyone point me in the direction of a safe and cheap part of town walking distance of the Transit line? Thank you, and we would love to meet y'all locals!

more
    • StacyO's Profile Photo

where is the best place to find pretty rocks at

Estes Park Apr 9, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Where is the best place to find pretty rocks

more
    • September Adventure Activities for 18 & 20 year old kids & mom

Rocky Mountain National Park Apr 10, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Going to spend a week at a cabin in Estes Park on the river. Although I want to do a lot of hiking & taking photoes & viewing wildlife, my kids are at the age where they also want adventures. They are both very physically fit, outdoorsy & extremely adventurous. In or around Rocky Mtn Park/Estes Park do they offer activities such as off road adventures with ATVs, Jeeps or Rzrs? Maybe some zipline courses through the forest? Rafting? Any other exciting activities? Thanks

more
    • mccalpin's Profile Photo

A place to meet outside security at Denver Airport

Denver Apr 5, 2014 at 7:59 PM

The Official Spousal Unit is heading to Denver Airport Monday morning on American. Once there, she will meet up with a co-worker coming in from Toronto on United, who will arrive an hour or so later.

The OSU will pick up checked luggage and wants to find a place like a food place to wait for an hour or so for her compatriot, preferably near the baggage claim and/or the Budget rental car desk.

However, she complained to me that after looking at the Denver Airport website, she couldn't figure out what was inside security and what was outside, nor why there were six levels (that seems to be at least three more than other airports).

I said that the Old Experienced Traveler would take a look...and heckfire if she isn't right - the Denver website is remarkably unclear about what's where. Sure, you know what level things are on, but what is airside and what is landside?

For example, is the Jeppesen Terminal largely landside? Is the food court on Level 6 inside or outside security? It seems like it is, but many US airports have virtually all their services inside security, and the wording here is remarkably fuzzy.

Or, to put it another way, if you had an hour to kill at 9 in the morning (or whatever) waiting for your ride to show up to go to the Budget counter, where would you wait for him nearby?

Thanks!

Bill

more
    • snowmobiling in breckenridge

by Breck224 Online Now Feb 22, 2014 at 7:51 AM

where is the best place to snow mobile when in Breckenridge?
      Thank you!

• Proper Clothing

by DestanM Online Now Nov 29, 2013 at 8:11 AM

My Fiance and I are going to Breckenridge this Decemeber and we arent snow skiing but we are tubing, ziplinning and doing the rollercoaster and much more. What do you think would be the proper appereal to wear walking around or during our activites?

1 Answer Nov 29, 2013 at 9:28 AM
    • Which Ski School in Breckenridge is best for beginners?

by LisaQuin Online Now Nov 18, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Hi,
      Im coming to Breckenridge over Christmas and New Years and wondering which Ski School to choose. I have the option of Beaver Run, Peak 8 or Village when booking online for beginners. Looking at the maps, they seem to be in similar areas? Any suggestions on which one would be best for 2 adult beginners and 2 kid beginners?!!
      Im thinking of doing a private lesson for the 4 of us on our first day then putting the kids into a ski school on the 2nd/3rd day, then a group lesson for the adults. Does this sound ok? (1st time skiers)
      Thanks heaps !

1 Answer Nov 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    • Where can i buy Christmas Meats in or near Breckenridge ?

by LisaQuin Online Now Nov 9, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Hi,
      We are spending Christmas in Breckenridge (all the way from Australia !) and am trying to find somewhere we can get good quality meats from. Probably a Turkey, Ham and Beef to feed 11 people. Any suggestions ? We are driving up from Denver, would it be best to order something from there and pick it up on route to Breckenridge ?
      Thanks for you help :)

3 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 10:19 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

I-70 Twin Tunnel Construction Delays???

by swdke Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I'll be coming up for a weekend ski trip last weekend of March, flying into Denver, driving up early on a Saturday, and returning Tuesday afternoon for an evening flight home. I've recenly been aware of some construction work at the Twin Tunnels near Idaho Springs. Am I going to face construction delays going to Summit County, and returning to DIA?

1 Answer Mar 26, 2013 at 7:41 AM
    • Season in Breckenridge......Help

by Jubay Online Now Sep 18, 2009 at 3:21 AM

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction in terms of accommodation in breckenridge. Just looking for somewhere cheap (I know, breckenridge is for rich holiday makers that spend1000 a week, which we cant), warm and in breckenridge or near a bus route if its just outside.

Cant seem to find any information in terms of where to look. Its like they don't have accommodation for people with a normal budget. Any information would be very helpful.

Thank you.

7 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    • Fall Activities

by brhoads05 Online Now Aug 4, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Can anyone give me a better idea of what activities are available for fall visitors to the Breckenridge/Summit County area? We're going to be out there for a week in early October. It looks like a lot of the summer activities only run through Labor Day, and the winter season doesn't really start until November. I've had some trouble finding information on things that are still options in the meantime. Thanks for any and all ideas!

3 Answers Oct 22, 2009 at 8:05 PM
    • Season Accomodation

by sliv_ar Online Now Jun 18, 2009 at 10:32 PM

We wanting to do a 3-4 month stay in Breckenridge next season and are looking for poniters as to where to try to find some where to stay. Ideally we'd like a 1 bed apartment somewhere walkable to town. Having never been to Breck it's a little hard to know. We're currently living in Australia so as you can imagine it's tricky to organise without asking question... Any help or advice would be great. Cheers.

3 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 9:00 AM
    • GinBuck's Profile Photo

Cheap Lift Tickets (or at least discounted)

by GinBuck Online Now Jan 5, 2009 at 6:06 PM

I figure that Vail Resorts has clamped down on discount lift tickets. Does anybody have any ideas on how to get any discounts for Breck and Keystone? If all fails, there is always the PEAK advance ticket sales, I suppose. Ten bucks is ten bucks.

1 Answer Jan 26, 2009 at 12:39 PM
    • how late is too late?

by 12frogs Online Now Jan 5, 2009 at 4:58 PM

The latest I have been skiing in Colorado is mid to late March. This year I am considering mid April. Breckenridge closes April 19, so I am wondering if conditions get pretty slushy by then?

4 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 9:07 AM
    • Driving from Breckenridge to Las Vegas

by RogerM105 Online Now Nov 26, 2008 at 11:58 AM

I'll be in Breckenridge last week of February 09 and then on to Las vegas. Any thoughts on driving that- winter conditions, length of trip etc.
      Thanks
      RogerM

2 Answers Nov 26, 2008 at 12:32 PM
    • mj9462's Profile Photo

Renting a car vs. airport shuttle

by mj9462 Online Now Nov 14, 2008 at 11:22 PM

In March we will be flying into Denver airport, but staying in Breckenridge. All of the ground transportation I have found between the two is extremely expensive ($120+ per person round trip) for the six people in our group. It would be a little cheaper to rent a car, but seems like a waste as it would just sit parked for 4 days.
      Any suggestions or advice? Thanks in advance!

mj

5 Answers Nov 17, 2008 at 6:45 PM
    • Best Affordable Ski In Ski Out?

by 42Robin Online Now Jan 16, 2008 at 5:38 PM

What is the best Ski In Ski Out - in Breckenridge.
      Perferrably something with a cabin feel or a actual cabin with easy access?
      I haven't ever been there so I don't know the area.
      Looking to go late March early April.

Thanks ROBIN

1 Answer Jul 24, 2012 at 12:33 AM
    • DrexelDragon's Profile Photo

The Alpen vs. Fireside

by DrexelDragon Online Now Dec 15, 2006 at 11:23 PM

I've scanned through the accomodation tips for Breck, and it seems that no one has posted a tip for either of these hostels.

Is there any chance that any of you out there have stayed at either of these places? Can someone tell me which one of these 2 hostels would be better for a) being close to main st. breck, b) character of the place, and c) the characters staying there?

I was planning on staying with a friend in Denver, but it seems that he's got to be on an assignment in WY. So, now I need to make some friends, and am keen to know which of these places would be best for that.

1 Answer Dec 30, 2007 at 8:39 AM
    • mle267's Profile Photo

food help

by mle267 Online Now Oct 3, 2006 at 5:15 PM

Hello all- I have never been to Colorado, much less Breck. but my best friend from high school lives there and is getting married this weekend. I would like to get him a gift certificate to a nice restaurant.( up to 200 including booze). Any suggestions?

1 Answer Oct 5, 2006 at 2:23 PM
    • Fishing for Cash

by traveljunkie6987 Online Now Jun 1, 2006 at 9:42 AM

My husband and I will be staying in Frisco, CO at the end of August. He would love to do a little fishing but all the outfitters I have researched charge a small fortune. Is there anyone out there whom lives near this area and loves to fish? He would be more thanwilling to pay$ someone to take him out. He can bring waders but has no other equipment. Please advise if anyone is interested.

• skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo

Timeshare in Breckenridge

by skywalkerbeth Online Now May 14, 2006 at 7:11 AM

Hi all

I've seen a few very cheap timeshares on ebay, for Breckenridge. I'm not going to jump without more info but they are so cheap it's tempting. It may be a good way to check out the general area.

Has anyone heard of Alpenrose condos, there? (this is one I happened to see on ebay).

thanks...

Beth

2 Answers Jun 29, 2008 at 7:44 AM
    • White water rafting

by aprilmay18 Online Now Apr 13, 2006 at 11:35 AM

I am going to be in Breckenridge Mid May to go White Water Rafting. I have never been. Does anyone have any advice? What should I expect? What should I bring with? What will the weather be like ?

Thanks

1 Answer May 12, 2006 at 6:04 PM
    • Breckenridge/Vail parking

by copperrage Online Now Mar 14, 2004 at 8:29 AM

Where are the best places to park when skiing at Vail and Breckenridge, we'll be travelling by car. should we park away and take buses? What are the best lots to park in.

• Ski Week in Breckenridge

by skibob Online Now Oct 14, 2003 at 8:35 AM

Anyone out there who would like to share condo cost for a ski week in Breckenridge, Colorado the week of 12/13/03 thru 12/20/03? Condo sleeps 4, located next to the Snowflake Chairlift, just a short stroll from downtown Breckenridge. VERY reasonable cost per person.