Breckenridge Travel Answers

change location

Season in Breckenridge......Help

by Jubay Online Now Sep 18, 2009 at 3:21 AM

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction in terms of accommodation in breckenridge. Just looking for somewhere cheap (I know, breckenridge is for rich holiday makers that spend1000 a week, which we cant), warm and in breckenridge or near a bus route if its just outside.

Cant seem to find any information in terms of where to look. Its like they don't have accommodation for people with a normal budget. Any information would be very helpful.

Thank you.

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • zuriga's Profile Photo

Re: Season in Breckenridge......Help

by zuriga Online Now Sep 18, 2009 at 4:02 AM

I'm sorry to hear that Breckenridge has gotten so expensive. It used to be a reasonable ski area like Keystone. I can't imagine what the prices are now in Vail or Aspen!

I'd get some ski magazines. They usually have a real estate section for rentals, and you might find something that way. We did very well one year with that plan. Look around, too, for Copper Mountain and some of the other resorts.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • kathymof's Profile Photo

by kathymof Online Now Sep 18, 2009 at 9:37 AM

If you cannot afford1000 a week, which is frankly pretty cheap for Breckenridge, you might want to go elsewhere. I used to stay in a hostel in Aspen. There are a lot of timeshares in Breckenridge so maybe you could search that way. Breckenridge was a sleeply, nice little town until Aspen Corporation bought it in the late 60s/early 70s and then it woke up and got expensive too.

• kathymof's Profile Photo

by kathymof Online Now Sep 18, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Here is a link to a hostel in Breckenridge
    hostelworld.com/findabed.php...

• Re: Season in Breckenridge......Help

by Duckie92 Online Now Oct 22, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Those mountain towns have really gotten expensive. Not much you can do.
    But, check out www.summitactivities.com. It's mostly just an activity site, but they have lodging and accomidation information too. Other than that I don't really know how to help. It usually expensive in Breckenridge. It's ski country. :)

• Re: Season in Breckenridge......Help

by castilloismael Online Now Nov 6, 2009 at 1:48 PM

I am in the same boat as you! I chose Beaver Run Resort166.15 per night. This will be my 1st time in Breckenridge. How are you getting to the town from the Denver airport?

• zuriga's Profile Photo

by zuriga Online Now Nov 7, 2009 at 10:42 PM

If you don't want to rent a car, take a shuttle bus from the airport. They are dependable and usually fairly inexpensive. Each ski town has them, but I think you have to reserve in advance... at least we did once long ago when going to Vail in the summer. I'm sure your resort will know the numbers.

• jcbreck's Profile Photo

by jcbreck Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 8:53 AM

If you're looking for a long-term rental for the sease (as your subject seems to indicate) I'd recommend checking out the Rentals section in the Classified ads of our local newspaper the Summit Daily (summitdaily.com). Otherwise, I agree with the recommendation of the Fireside Inn which is Hostel type property located near the center of town and easy walking distance to everything.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines