Breckenridge Travel Answers

change location
mj9462's Profile Photo

Renting a car vs. airport shuttle

by mj9462 Online Now Nov 14, 2008 at 11:22 PM

In March we will be flying into Denver airport, but staying in Breckenridge. All of the ground transportation I have found between the two is extremely expensive ($120+ per person round trip) for the six people in our group. It would be a little cheaper to rent a car, but seems like a waste as it would just sit parked for 4 days.
Any suggestions or advice? Thanks in advance!

mj

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: Renting a car vs. airport shuttle

by schoppe Online Now Nov 14, 2008 at 11:38 PM

If you are renting a car from the airport, don't! There are usually other car rental stores around town run by the same companies for 1/2 the price or more. Ask them if they can deliver the car to the airport to pick you up (and they usually can). This should save you quite a bit. I've done this myself, although its been about 10 years or so. I would think that it still works. Good luck.

Remember, renting anything at the airport is expensive. You would be amazed how much cheaper you can get things in the same town outside of an airport.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

Re: Renting a car vs. airport shuttle

by johngayton Online Now Nov 15, 2008 at 8:09 AM

Also are you confident driving up into the mountains if the weather turns nasty?

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

by Callavetta Online Now Nov 15, 2008 at 4:54 PM

Don't underestimate the value of having a car in Summit County. You might want to go to the grocery store, have dinner in Frisco, Dillon or Keystone, or just drive over to Lake Dillon. If you reserve a shuttle online, enter the discount code DWCME8 for a 10% discount on Colorado Mountain Express.

• kathymof's Profile Photo

by kathymof Online Now Nov 15, 2008 at 7:46 PM

You might also want to go to some of the other nice ski resorts in the area. I would rent a car if I was headed to Breckenridge.

• mj9462's Profile Photo

by mj9462 Online Now Nov 17, 2008 at 6:45 PM

Being from the south where it never snows I would not even attempt to drive in those conditions. However, there are a couple people in our group who have done it and know how to do it. Thankfully!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines