Brazil

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 2 months in floripa

Florianópolis Dec 10, 2014 at 9:03 PM

We're a couple in their 30s coming to relax and have some quiet beach time in Florianopolis (Feb 6th, 2015 to April 15th). No clubs nor parties for this trip. It's more of a healing journey during treatment. We'll have a car so we can move from place to place but we'd rather stay in Florianopolis for a long time, a month for sure.

I'm a bit overwhelmed with looking for a place to stay. Does anyone know an imobilaria that could help me?

Or could anyone suggest where I look?

Thanks!

John

more
    • workaway type volunteering in Brasil

Brasília Dec 10, 2014 at 5:41 AM

hi, I am new to this website so I hope you can help me. I am also new to Brasil, and looking for a workaway style volunteering opportunity ie at hostals etc, somewhere by the sea for Christmas and New Year... I am currently in Rio and would ideally like anywhere between here and Florianapolis in the South, or to the north, but not so far that will cost lots of Reals to get to... I am already on workaway already, but getting no luck on there, whether that is because I speak no Portugese (yet) or that I am older traveller, or its just a busy time of year... I am a positive and enthusiastic backpacker... so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

more
    • NativeAm's Profile Photo

Detention Center in Sao Paulo, Brazil

São Paulo Dec 5, 2014 at 3:29 PM

A friend was deported to Brazil from Africa very recently. Although he was using his Brazilian passport, he has not been in Brazil for many years...he is a USA green card holder but his green card has expired. I do not know the Portuguese language but I was told the Federal police station where he is being held is on Rua Guainases? Does anyone know where I can get information on him?

more
    • petia_a_z's Profile Photo

online ticket for the bus from Sao Paulo to Rio de Janeiro

Brazil Dec 2, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Hi to everybody,
      I'm going to visit Brazil next february and tried to purchase online a bus ticket from Sao Paulo to Rio de Janeiro but understood about the CRF number. How can I take it and pls tell me how can i purchase the ticket without this CRF number?

more
    • Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

Xmas/New Year's travel

Brazil Dec 11, 2014 at 7:01 AM

I'll be heading to Brazil (Sao Paolo, Rio, Salvador) for Xmas and New Year's. How easy will it be to get last minute flights/buses at that time?

As i do not have a CPF, i'm having trouble booking on-line, plus i hate to be so set-in-stone. Can i get a ticket with a day or 2 notice? Will everything be sold out? Will transport prices go through the roof?

more
    • Costs taxi from Foz do Iguacu airport to Iguacu centre

Foz do Iguaçu Nov 24, 2014 at 8:38 AM

I can get a transfer from the airport to my hostel(in or just outside citycentre) for 42 reais which takes about 12 minutes. does anyone know if a taxi is cheaper?

more
    • Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

Xmas/New Year's travel

Brazil Dec 11, 2014 at 7:01 AM

I'll be heading to Brazil (Sao Paolo, Rio, Salvador) for Xmas and New Year's. How easy will it be to get last minute flights/buses at that time?

As i do not have a CPF, i'm having trouble booking on-line, plus i hate to be so set-in-stone. Can i get a ticket with a day or 2 notice? Will everything be sold out? Will transport prices go through the roof?

5 Answers Dec 11, 2014 at 11:53 AM
    • 2 months in floripa

Florianópolis Dec 10, 2014 at 9:03 PM

We're a couple in their 30s coming to relax and have some quiet beach time in Florianopolis (Feb 6th, 2015 to April 15th). No clubs nor parties for this trip. It's more of a healing journey during treatment. We'll have a car so we can move from place to place but we'd rather stay in Florianopolis for a long time, a month for sure.

I'm a bit overwhelmed with looking for a place to stay. Does anyone know an imobilaria that could help me?

Or could anyone suggest where I look?

Thanks!

John

1 Answer Dec 11, 2014 at 12:39 PM
    • workaway type volunteering in Brasil

Brasília Dec 10, 2014 at 5:41 AM

hi, I am new to this website so I hope you can help me. I am also new to Brasil, and looking for a workaway style volunteering opportunity ie at hostals etc, somewhere by the sea for Christmas and New Year... I am currently in Rio and would ideally like anywhere between here and Florianapolis in the South, or to the north, but not so far that will cost lots of Reals to get to... I am already on workaway already, but getting no luck on there, whether that is because I speak no Portugese (yet) or that I am older traveller, or its just a busy time of year... I am a positive and enthusiastic backpacker... so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

1 Answer Dec 11, 2014 at 7:24 AM
    • NativeAm's Profile Photo

Detention Center in Sao Paulo, Brazil

São Paulo Dec 5, 2014 at 3:29 PM

A friend was deported to Brazil from Africa very recently. Although he was using his Brazilian passport, he has not been in Brazil for many years...he is a USA green card holder but his green card has expired. I do not know the Portuguese language but I was told the Federal police station where he is being held is on Rua Guainases? Does anyone know where I can get information on him?

3 Answers Dec 13, 2014 at 12:49 PM
    • petia_a_z's Profile Photo

online ticket for the bus from Sao Paulo to Rio de Janeiro

Brazil Dec 2, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Hi to everybody,
      I'm going to visit Brazil next february and tried to purchase online a bus ticket from Sao Paulo to Rio de Janeiro but understood about the CRF number. How can I take it and pls tell me how can i purchase the ticket without this CRF number?

1 Answer Dec 2, 2014 at 4:47 PM
    • Costs taxi from Foz do Iguacu airport to Iguacu centre

Foz do Iguaçu Nov 24, 2014 at 8:38 AM

I can get a transfer from the airport to my hostel(in or just outside citycentre) for 42 reais which takes about 12 minutes. does anyone know if a taxi is cheaper?

9 Answers Dec 6, 2014 at 11:26 AM
    • jwilliams2005's Profile Photo

Shipping Household Goods from Rioto the United States

Rio de Janeiro Oct 20, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Boa noite fellow travelers,

Next week, I will be moving back to the USA. Can anyone recommend a shipping company. I called American Airlines Air Cargo, and they told me that I needed to be a company or an agent in order to fly my household goods to the states. I have ten boxes which includes my bicycle and artwork. So, my next recourse is to have my cargo shipped. I appreciate any help or assistance.

Obrigado,

James

3 Answers Oct 24, 2014 at 11:15 AM
    • Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York

Brazil Oct 16, 2014 at 7:09 AM

Hello,

I have a group of Higher Education professionals visiting from Brazil to New York for an event in November. I was provided their job titles but I am unsure of how these translate into the U.S. system.

- What position would a Higher Education Superintendent be equivalent to in the US?
      - What position would a Higher Education Rector be equivalent to in the US?
      - What position would a Higher Education Pro-rector be equivalent to in the US?
      - What is the difference between a teacher and professor in Brazil?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

• Where to love?

Rio de Janeiro Oct 15, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Hi
      I will be moving to rio next year to live for a year..I would really appreciate any advice on the 'safest' places to look at for renting an apartment???
      I have been told copacabana is very expensive and not the safest. What about ipanema?
      I have read the many warnings about living in rio and watching out for your safety..hopefully it has got better in recent times!
      Thanks

3 Answers Nov 26, 2014 at 5:11 PM
    • stay in Itacare

Itacaré Oct 12, 2014 at 9:20 AM

hello there.we have planned to stay 5 nights in Itacare.In which place do you advise us to stay?we like nightlife as well and we are 2 friends.We are not looking for hotels now.Just the propriate area to stay.Thank you indvance

• Flights to Santa Isabel or Barcelos

Manaus Oct 10, 2014 at 6:07 AM

Can anybody tell me what it the cheapest flight to either Santa Isabel or Barcelos?

1 Answer Oct 10, 2014 at 9:08 AM
    • brazil - electric plug

São Paulo Oct 6, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Do we need an electrical plug adapter when traveling from Spain to Brasil?

2 Answers Oct 6, 2014 at 11:10 AM
    • gulnese's Profile Photo

Reliable tour agencies for planning my tour

Brazil Oct 6, 2014 at 5:48 AM

Hi all,
      I am from Turkiye and thinking of planning my next tours with a local agency in related region.
      I am planning a tour covering Brazil-Argentina-Peru-Chili-Bolivia.
      I would like to hear about reliable tour operators/agencies to have contact.
      Thank you in advance.
      Thanks and Regards,

10 Answers Oct 13, 2014 at 10:43 PM
    • Currency exchange in Fortaleza

Fortaleza Oct 2, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Hi,

We will be traveling in northern Brazil soon. We fly to Fortaleza but do not stay there for the night. I wonder what is the best way to get local currency in Fortaleza? I hear that the exchange rate in the airport is not the best. Do we bring cash and exchange it in the city in the bank or an exchange office? Or are we better off using a debit card and an ATM? What are bank hours if we need to use it? Any other tips? Thank you!

3 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 8:01 AM
    • TravelTheWorld4's Profile Photo

Where to stay while seeing Iguazu Falls

Foz do Iguaçu Sep 27, 2014 at 1:40 PM

I will be arriving in Foz do Iguaçu - Brazil on January 19th 2015. I am planning to spend 1 night in Foz do Iguaçu - Brazil and then cross the border into Argentina and spend 3 more nights there. Flying out of Foz do Iguaçu - Brazil on January 23rd. Any suggestions on where to stay on the Brazilian side and the Argentina side?
      What is the best way to get to the falls? What is the cost?

Thanks,

Steve

3 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 8:01 AM
    • CorkyUK's Profile Photo

Rio Carnival accommodation

Rio de Janeiro Sep 22, 2014 at 12:45 AM

We are flying into Rio on Sat 14th Feb for a week. (We actually booked the trip from UK after finding a bargain flight and did not realise it was Carnival week!). However after initially being excited the cost of accommodation seems to be through the roof, some hostels are charginh £50 a night for a dorm bed and insisting you stay at least 6 nights. Can anyone recommend somewhere that is reasonably good value? Is it worth taking a chance and booking late? Maybe we should get out of Rio altogether alough our flight does arrive quite late? Any suggestions or ideas really appreciated

4 Answers Sep 23, 2014 at 10:48 AM
    • Please advise on best way to travel from Iguaza Falls to Novo Hamburgo, Brasil?

Brazil Sep 21, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Please advise on best way to travel from Iguaza Falls to Novo Hamburgo, Brasil? Which busses run this way? Or which airlines fly this route? Please?

• airport pickup

Manaus Sep 11, 2014 at 12:30 AM

what is the safest and cheapest way to get from Manaus Airport to Tropical Manaus hotel at 1.00 am in the morning.

2 Answers Nov 19, 2014 at 4:29 AM
    • manasdas's Profile Photo

is it comfortable to stay on brazil side or should one stay on argentina side

Iguassu Aug 31, 2014 at 10:44 AM

is it comfortable to stay on brazil side or should one stay on argentina side for good hotels?

3 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 8:00 AM
    • Wanda Mines

Iguassu Aug 26, 2014 at 3:56 AM

HI,

I am planning to visit Argentina on November. The place I am also interedted to check is Wanda Mines tripfreakz.com/offthebeatenp...

Could you please advise how to reach this place from Buenos Aires?

2 Answers Aug 27, 2014 at 7:15 AM
    • lambada's Profile Photo

One month budget

Brazil Aug 24, 2014 at 1:09 PM

It's that time of the year when I have to book my annual month-long holiday. This year I'm finding it even more difficult than usual to pick a destination. So I thought I'd try to narrow down my options by eliminating the destinations that won't fit my budget. Brazil is on my shortlist

I will be travelling solo, sleeping in private rooms (not necessarily ensuite) and taking internal flights for very long journeys. I am not into partying/drinking but do like to have at least one proper meal (i.e. not street food) daily. I can go any time after 5th October (for 1 month) and have to be back by 1st January. Would Brazil fit my budget of €4,000 including return flights from Europe? Is it much more expensive than Colombia (another country on my shortlist).

14 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 8:00 AM
    • Ayahuasca ceremony

Manaus Aug 18, 2014 at 5:02 PM

hey my friends,

I cantact you because of Ayahuasca.
      My name is Alex and I´m new here.
      19.08 is my flight to Manaus.
      Then I have eight days time to do a boad trip in the west and back.
      I hope to find a kind of indigenous Indian tribe who offer Ayahuasca ceremonies.
      I´m traveling with two friends.
      They will spend the time with my but I will be the only one who takes Ayahuasca.

I hope you can help me.

1 Answer Aug 18, 2014 at 5:36 PM
    • Catamaran cruise around Ilha Grande

Ilha Grande Aug 17, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Does anybody know of 2-3 day catamaran cruises around the Island Ilja Grande? Any advice or contacts appreciated. Also an idea would be to go form Rio to Ilja Grande or back on a catamaran. Christian

2 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 1:43 PM
    • Airport shuttle

São Paulo Aug 16, 2014 at 12:40 PM

I am booked to stay at the Bristol International arriving on 19th August on American Airlines flight from Miami. How do I identify the free shuttle that will take us to the hotel

1 Answer Aug 16, 2014 at 1:44 PM
    • Natalllya's Profile Photo

Tour or self planned travel?

Brazil Aug 13, 2014 at 3:42 PM

So me and my bestie want to go to Brazil but we are not sure if the best way is an organized tour or to try to plan everything out ourselves.

We are both mid 30s and fluent in Spanish and English.

Thoughts?

Natalia

2 Answers Aug 14, 2014 at 2:44 PM
    • Sunday buses

Parati Aug 3, 2014 at 5:06 AM

Hi,

Do local buses and minivan services (such as the ones to the waterfalls) run on a Sunday in Parati?

Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 4, 2014 at 3:02 PM
    • NON-touristy romantic restaurant in RIO??

Rio de Janeiro Jul 28, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Hi, winkI have been checking Rio on the forums as I'm going there this Aug (2014) with my fiance who is from Rio and still keeps an apartment close to Copacabanna Beach. I was hoping to surprise him (Since he is the local) with setting up reservations and plan a romantic heartnight for us of dinner and dancing. I'm looking for a more "local" place with less of a touristy feel.enlightened I'm sure that HE would be able to find one quickly but my point is about surprising him and making him feel special that I took the time and thought to put a night together for him in his home town. Any suggestions? - Julie

3 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 6:48 PM
    • Rio De Jenerio to Porto Alegre

Rio de Janeiro Jul 28, 2014 at 6:33 AM

Hi All can anyone tell me if there is a bus company that can transport a group from Rio De Janeiro in Brazil to Porto Alegre.

3 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 5:12 PM
    • Bridge open yet?

Oiapoque Jul 23, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Anyone know if the bridge is open yet?

Im looking to cross from FG to Brazil in a few months and could use some information

cheers

Kurtis

2 Answers Jul 24, 2014 at 3:01 AM
    • Rsdonovan's Profile Photo

A day in Sao Paolo

Sao Paulo Jul 22, 2014 at 3:04 PM

I will be spending 2 separate days in Sao Paolo in November as stopover days from London to Santiago de Chile and back. Can anyone suggest how to spend a night and day in Sao Paolo? I can't travel too far from the city as I have to get back to the airport at the end of the day. Thanks

6 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 9:35 AM