Brazil

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Very short layover in CGH airport

São Paulo Aug 19, 2015 at 9:08 AM

It's been about 5 years since I last went to the CGH airport in Sao paulo, from what I remember, it's tiny, and from one end to the other it doesn't take too too much walking. Then again, it has been 5 years. The reason I ask is because I will have a short layover in CGH - about 2 hours - and hoping to meet a friend for a coffee AT THE AIRPORT. I am taking a domestic flight with TAM so I will have minimal hand luggage. Since I only have about 2 hours, do you guys think I have enough time to just go back out to the airport check-in area for a coffee ,and make it back past customs to board my transfer flight?

For one, I wouldn't want to miss my flight (of course), second, if the time is too tight, I don't want to waste my friend's time in asking him to drop by the airport.

more
    • mosaka's Profile Photo

Dual citizenship question

Brazil Aug 17, 2015 at 11:05 PM

Hello travelers,
      I am dual citizen now (EU and USA) I want to go to Argentina. I don't need visa for my Europe passport and for that I wanna use it. I traveled many places without any visa with my EU passport.

But now dual, My question is when and how I use my passports?

I am confused, what part of my trips I use what passport . Do I exit USA with US passport, enter Argentina with Europe? Or not ? How about the return?

I heared so many different answers. I appreciate if someone gave me correct answer as they had this experience and used dual citizen throughout their journey.

I like to know so I can use for other trips as well, ex Cuba, Africa etc.

Many many thank you'd in advance for help
      Cheers :-)

more
    • Concerned about friend travelling to Sao Paolo

São Paulo Aug 8, 2015 at 12:33 PM

Hi everyone,

I have a friend travelling to Sao Paulo for a week to stay with someone she met online. She does not know anyone else in the city or speak the language.

Looking for advice / tips i can give my friend to help ensure her safety. Cancelling the trip is not an option.

Thanks!

more
    • Very short layover in CGH airport

São Paulo Aug 19, 2015 at 9:08 AM

It's been about 5 years since I last went to the CGH airport in Sao paulo, from what I remember, it's tiny, and from one end to the other it doesn't take too too much walking. Then again, it has been 5 years. The reason I ask is because I will have a short layover in CGH - about 2 hours - and hoping to meet a friend for a coffee AT THE AIRPORT. I am taking a domestic flight with TAM so I will have minimal hand luggage. Since I only have about 2 hours, do you guys think I have enough time to just go back out to the airport check-in area for a coffee ,and make it back past customs to board my transfer flight?

For one, I wouldn't want to miss my flight (of course), second, if the time is too tight, I don't want to waste my friend's time in asking him to drop by the airport.

3 Answers Aug 19, 2015 at 11:35 PM
    • mosaka's Profile Photo

Dual citizenship question

Brazil Aug 17, 2015 at 11:05 PM

Hello travelers,
      I am dual citizen now (EU and USA) I want to go to Argentina. I don't need visa for my Europe passport and for that I wanna use it. I traveled many places without any visa with my EU passport.

But now dual, My question is when and how I use my passports?

I am confused, what part of my trips I use what passport . Do I exit USA with US passport, enter Argentina with Europe? Or not ? How about the return?

I heared so many different answers. I appreciate if someone gave me correct answer as they had this experience and used dual citizen throughout their journey.

I like to know so I can use for other trips as well, ex Cuba, Africa etc.

Many many thank you'd in advance for help
      Cheers :-)

3 Answers Aug 18, 2015 at 6:27 AM
    • Concerned about friend travelling to Sao Paolo

São Paulo Aug 8, 2015 at 12:33 PM

Hi everyone,

I have a friend travelling to Sao Paulo for a week to stay with someone she met online. She does not know anyone else in the city or speak the language.

Looking for advice / tips i can give my friend to help ensure her safety. Cancelling the trip is not an option.

Thanks!

6 Answers Aug 10, 2015 at 9:43 AM
    • Question title

São Paulo Jul 29, 2015 at 4:49 PM

What is the cheapest means of transportation to a beach near Sao Paulo?

10 Answers Aug 2, 2015 at 12:16 PM
    • Portuguese language school in Fortaleza

Fortaleza Jul 25, 2015 at 8:13 AM

Hi Friends,

does anybody know of a portuguese language school in Fortaleza?

If anybody has contacts, web site,telefone, email etc... I would be gratefull!!
      Oleg olev@seznam.cz

2 Answers Jul 25, 2015 at 10:48 AM
    • Quiet place near Rio

Rio de Janeiro Jul 19, 2015 at 2:43 AM

I am looking for a place to stay not to far from Rio. It should be tranquil and relaxing. Would like to lay in a hammock and look at the monkeys... Does anyone know a place like this? Can be a nice pousada in a big garden too.
      Have been to Ihla grande so thats out of the question.

8 Answers Aug 25, 2015 at 11:40 AM
    • Tickets at Maracana

Rio de Janeiro Jul 18, 2015 at 9:38 PM

Maybe this is a little specific; but does anyone kmow how to get tickets for the match between Fluminense and Vasco at the Maracana tomorrow?

Is it better to take a guided tour, any cheap and good? Going with children so want to be safe

2 Answers Jul 19, 2015 at 6:41 AM
    • Where to go from Icaoraci

Belém Jul 17, 2015 at 2:55 AM

We arrive via ship to Icaoraci. I'm interested in going to either Mangal das Gracas or Museo Emilio Goeldi. Which would be closest to the ship?

2 Answers Jul 17, 2015 at 5:10 AM
    • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Best Months for Travel In South America re Weather

Rio de Janeiro Jul 15, 2015 at 3:24 AM

Hi

I put this question on the south America Forum but received no answers. Hopefully greater response via this forum.

Looking at taking a 18 day South America tour during 2016. Destinations included:

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 5 or 6 nights ( includes 2 days pre tour)
      Iguazu Falls, Argentina 2 nights (arrive by air)
      Buenos Aires 3 nights (arrive by air)
      Lima, Peru 3 nights (arrive by air)
      Cuzco 3 nights (arrive by air)
      Puno 2 nights

June or July or early August would suit us best, however we can travel any month either side. Will have a round the world ticket (from Perth Australia) and intend to also visit Europe & UK which we have visited many times. The important thing is to visit South America during the better weather.

Appreciate all answers.
      Mike

15 Answers Jul 15, 2015 at 6:26 PM
    • advice on traveling plans needed (4 weeks)

Brazil Jul 12, 2015 at 3:21 PM

Hi everyone,
      I will be traveling Brazil in September with three friends managing distances by plane, boat and busses.
      We set up a route but are not quite sure if it is "bulletproof" yet.
      I'm looking for some feedback and advice :)

Travel itinerary:
      day 1: Rio
      day 2-5: Santarém + Alter do Chao + Amazonas
      day 5-7: boat to Belém
      day 7-10: Belém
      day 10-11: Sao Luis
      day 11-16: Lencois Maranhenses, Parnaiba, Jeri
      day 16-17: Fortaleza
      day 18-24: Salvador + Lencois/Chapada Diamantina
      day 25-30: Rio (Ilha Grande, ...)

What do you think?
      Thank you so much!

8 Answers Jul 13, 2015 at 2:15 PM
    • Radiation nowadays

Goiânia Jul 11, 2015 at 3:02 AM

How safe is it to stay in Goiania because of the incident from 1987?
      How much radiation is left nowadays?

Thanks for the help!

2 Answers Jul 12, 2015 at 10:37 AM
    • robertbed's Profile Photo

We want to go to Maragogi in November.

Maragogi Jul 10, 2015 at 2:50 AM

Hi Guys!
      We are two couples who want to visit Maragogi in November.
      We would like to stay in Pousada Sol e Mar for like 10 days.
      How safe area is?
      Is there enough restaurants around?
      thanks for any help ;)

2 Answers Jul 10, 2015 at 4:01 AM
    • Cell Phones in Brazil

Brazil Jul 3, 2015 at 8:02 AM

Hi There! I will be travelling to Brazil for 5 weeks at the end of July and need some information on how to get my cell phone working there. I know I'll have to purchase a SIM card once I land, but I'm looking for recommendations on which carriers and plans would be best.

I will mostly need to call/text from Brazil to Canada, some local calls/texts, and a high data capacity (a bare minimum of 2 GB). I will be moving around Brazil with stops in Sao Paulo, Rio de Janiero, Salvador and the state of Maranhão. If anyone can help me out with some advice and recommendations, I would be very grateful!

1 Answer Jul 12, 2015 at 12:05 PM
    • Staying in Buzios

Bùzios Jun 28, 2015 at 1:42 PM

Could you recommend a boutique hotel by the water preferably? Thank you

1 Answer Jun 30, 2015 at 9:40 AM
    • Plug adaptors

Rio de Janeiro Jun 13, 2015 at 8:59 AM

Hello,

Going to Rio De Janeiro and was a little confused as to which plug adaptors we need to take. Some websites are giving us different information.

If you could advise us which plug adaptors to purchase (and possibly link me to a photo of the plug socket types in Rio) that would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

4 Answers Jun 13, 2015 at 4:22 PM
    • yusha's Profile Photo

cheaap and confortable places to stay in Riviera de Sao Lourenço Sao Paulo state Brazil

Praia de São Lourenço Jun 12, 2015 at 6:37 PM

We´re looking for something like extended stay in the USA.;but in Riviera de Sao lourenço-near Bertioga Sao Paulo Brazil. Thank you so much

• 3 couples in Rio de Janeiro in early August

Rio de Janeiro Jun 5, 2015 at 9:56 AM

6 people (3 couples) traveling together to Rio. Only one of the six travelers speaks Portuguese. Your recommendations for transport from GIG to Copacabana? Your recommendations for travel to the main sights in Rio from Copacabana? Thanks!

Randy

5 Answers Jul 4, 2015 at 2:19 AM
    • Caxias do Sul

Brazil Jun 5, 2015 at 8:53 AM

I'm flying in to Porto Alegre and driving to Caxias do Sul in a few weeks. I've been warned not to stop at red lights due to "smash and grab" incidents at night. If anyone has visited the area, will you please reply with tips/recommendations and safety advice? Thank you!

1 Answer Jun 5, 2015 at 9:12 AM
    • diana_renou's Profile Photo

weather in July in Salvador de Bahía.

Salvador da Bahia Jun 4, 2015 at 7:22 PM

Hi everybody!! Could someone tell me what is the weather like in July at Salvador de Bahía? It is posible to enjoy the beach or it is cold? Many thanks for any advice!!

3 Answers Jun 20, 2015 at 7:54 AM
    • diana_renou's Profile Photo

From airport to Marazul hotel by bus?

Salvador da Bahia Jun 4, 2015 at 7:19 PM

Hi every body!! I would like to know if It is possible to go from Salvador de Bahía airport to Marazul hotel (In Barra) by public transportation? Any advice will be very helpful for me. Many thanks!!!

• xampaio's Profile Photo

Tourism in this region

Fortaleza Jun 2, 2015 at 2:49 PM

One friend recommended as this Brazilian region for natural park and beaches, next August. I don't find too much information in internet. Does anyone visited it? which are the best places? Any recommendations to find information, tourism agents, or anything to help us to decide if we visit this area or not.
      Thanks in advance
      Xampaio

3 Answers Jun 5, 2015 at 9:37 AM
    • Salvador discovering

Salvador da Bahia May 31, 2015 at 2:54 PM

Hi,

We are the couple from Poland and we decided to visit Salvador. We would like to ask You for help to precise our plan. We arrive in Salvador 19.06.2015 at 14.35 and we departure on 28.06.2015 (so 8 full days). Please tell us how many days we need to discover the city of Salvador? Then we would like to go for some paradise beach (or beaches), could You please recommend us where, for how many days and how to go there (bus, rent a car, train)? How much costs rental of the car?

We would be very grateful for Your response.

Best regards,
      Kate and Okt

1 Answer Jun 26, 2015 at 4:00 PM
    • p.k.prasad's Profile Photo

how many days to see brazil

Rio de Janeiro May 21, 2015 at 11:55 AM

how many days to see brazil

6 Answers May 22, 2015 at 9:54 PM
    • p.k.prasad's Profile Photo

any indians at rio de janeiro

Rio de Janeiro May 21, 2015 at 11:54 AM

any indians who can guide me at rio de janeiro

2 Answers May 21, 2015 at 6:38 PM
    • Fortal 2015 Carnaval

Fortaleza May 14, 2015 at 5:21 AM

Hi all,

I will be in Fortaleza with a friend on the 25-26 of july and i wanted to take tickets for the Fortal 2015. I struggle to find any info on it away from the the official website in portuguese.

Do you guys know which tickets i should buy? And what should i expect from it? Is there any particular package?

I wanted to go for the Camarote Mucuripe (Sab+Dom), but it is impossible to understand what i will get for that and how i would collect my ticket.

Any info would be welcome.

If anyone will attend happy to get in touch to go as a group as well

• Jack_Tsel's Profile Photo

6 weeks in Brasilia

Brazil May 13, 2015 at 2:33 PM

Hello, i'm a student and planning to participate in a volunteer program for 6 weeks this summer. Among my options for destinations is Brasilia(also Serbia,Egypt,Russia and Tunisia), which seems to be more appealing to me since i live in Greece and i think it will be once in a lifetime experience to go that far and also sounds quite exotic. Is it worth? is the weather good in July? Google search for images shows mostly buildings and lacks people and life is it as it seems?

4 Answers May 20, 2015 at 9:04 PM
    • Snorkelling in Ilha Grande

Ilha Grande May 13, 2015 at 4:16 AM

Which side of Ihla Grande, Brazil is the best to visit for snorkelling enthusiasts? Is this island worth visiting for snorkelling? Any advice or suggestions appreciated!

3 Answers May 13, 2015 at 9:02 AM
    • dengue fever

Brazil May 12, 2015 at 11:58 AM

Next month (June) we are traveling to Sao Paulo, Iguazu Falls, Belo Horizonte, and Rio de Janeiro. Any word about the severity (or absence) of dengue fever?

5 Answers May 13, 2015 at 8:44 AM
    • Sao Paulo airport; ATM machines

Sao Paulo May 11, 2015 at 10:58 PM

Are there ATM machines in the Sao Paulo airport? What cards are accepted? Where are the machines?

2 Answers May 31, 2015 at 5:44 PM
    • 4 weeks in September

Brazil May 11, 2015 at 7:14 AM

Hi all,

three of us (students in the twenties) are planning to travel through Brazil for four weeks in September. We have never been to South America before, yet are fairly experienced traveler. I've read the northeast should be a good time to travel for September.

What do you think? Any recommendations for a route?

I'd prefer a mix of coast and inland, though I have no idea if that is possible to realize ;).

Thanks a lot guys!!

5 Answers May 12, 2015 at 1:12 PM