Brazil Travel Answers

change location

Poste Restante

by rensza Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Hi,I need to send a document to my backpacker daughter who will arrive in Parity in a few days,and has no address yet.Does "poste restante" still exist?(back in the 70's when i was backpacking it was the ONLY way to communicate) If so can anyone tell me which is the main post office in Parity?Many thanks, Karen.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Poste Restante

by xymmot Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 1:20 AM

wait till she communicates with you since you have the perminant address. You're on the internet, why didn't you open a e-mail account? That is best for this century to communicate besides the mobile phone which Brazil has plenty. If she has some noodles up there, she should get a mobile phone and call you of the location she is at.

cheers tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Poste Restante

by rensza Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 2:15 AM

xymmot wrote: wait till she communicates with you since you have the perminant address. You're on the internet, why didn't you open a e-mail account? That is best for this century to communicate besides the mobile phone which Brazil has plenty. If she has some noodles up there, she should get a mobile phone and call you of the location she is at.

cheers tommy x

• Re: Poste Restante

by rensza Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 2:15 AM

xymmot wrote: wait till she communicates with you since you have the perminant address. You're on the internet, why didn't you open a e-mail account? That is best for this century to communicate besides the mobile phone which Brazil has plenty. If she has some noodles up there, she should get a mobile phone and call you of the location she is at.

cheers tommy x

• hmoitta's Profile Photo

by hmoitta Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Yes, poste restante still exists, in Paraty or Parati Agency name: AC PARATI Address: RUA JOSE MILTON DE OLIVEIRA. SN CEP 23970970 PARATI/RJ

• robine's Profile Photo

by robine Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I'm afraid that I have to warn you that in my (extensive) experience the postal service in Brazil is both slow and unreliable. I know of a number of letters/cards which have failed to arrive.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Brazil Travel Answer Locations