Brazil Travel Answers

change location

Poste Restante

by rensza Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Hi,I need to send a document to my backpacker daughter who will arrive in Parity in a few days,and has no address yet.Does "poste restante" still exist?(back in the 70's when i was backpacking it was the ONLY way to communicate) If so can anyone tell me which is the main post office in Parity?Many thanks, Karen.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Poste Restante

by xymmot Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 1:20 AM

wait till she communicates with you since you have the perminant address. You're on the internet, why didn't you open a e-mail account? That is best for this century to communicate besides the mobile phone which Brazil has plenty. If she has some noodles up there, she should get a mobile phone and call you of the location she is at.

cheers tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Poste Restante

by rensza Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 2:15 AM

xymmot wrote: wait till she communicates with you since you have the perminant address. You're on the internet, why didn't you open a e-mail account? That is best for this century to communicate besides the mobile phone which Brazil has plenty. If she has some noodles up there, she should get a mobile phone and call you of the location she is at.

cheers tommy x

• Re: Poste Restante

by rensza Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 2:15 AM

xymmot wrote: wait till she communicates with you since you have the perminant address. You're on the internet, why didn't you open a e-mail account? That is best for this century to communicate besides the mobile phone which Brazil has plenty. If she has some noodles up there, she should get a mobile phone and call you of the location she is at.

cheers tommy x

• hmoitta's Profile Photo

by hmoitta Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Yes, poste restante still exists, in Paraty or Parati Agency name: AC PARATI Address: RUA JOSE MILTON DE OLIVEIRA. SN CEP 23970970 PARATI/RJ

1 member found this helpful

• robine's Profile Photo

by robine Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I'm afraid that I have to warn you that in my (extensive) experience the postal service in Brazil is both slow and unreliable. I know of a number of letters/cards which have failed to arrive.

1 member found this helpful

• bahiana77's Profile Photo

by bahiana77 Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 6:12 AM

She should decide in advance where she is going to stay and book. You should send the document via Fedex or equivalent (very expensive, but the only safe, guaranteed way to insure arrival) to the address of that accomodation. I wouldn't risk sending to Post Restante if the document has any value whatsoever. As robin says, mail in Brazil is notoriously unreliable.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Brazil Travel Answer Locations