Brasov Travel Answers

change location

May weather

by daileyjoy Online Now Feb 20, 2007 at 9:59 PM

Our trip is still in the works but our move dates have been pushed back to May 1st from Mid-march. I went to the packing section but it really didn't give me much of an idea of what type of clothes to bring. In general what are the temps for for around the first of May. Will we still need some long-sleeved shirts? Are the nights still chilly but days warm? Where I am from May is pretty hot with high humidity. Just a general idea would be nice. I don't want to waste our precious luggage space on things that we wont need. Also I just want to say thanks to all of you who are taking the time to answer my many, many questions about the area and life there. I know I have asked a lot of questions and this website seems to be the best I have found. No one is hateful or ugly when I ask somewhat stupid questions. I am just determined to know as much about the city I am moving to as well as much of your language as possible. I think the worst thing we could do would be not to learn any language or anything about life there. So thank you for your paitance and understanding.
Multumesc
Jennifer

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • TAXIco's Profile Photo

RE: RE: May weather

by TAXIco Online Now Feb 20, 2007 at 11:15 PM

Hi Jennifer,
    Around the first of May in Romania the daylight temperatures are among 50 F - 72 F. The lower temperatures are in the mountaines, north and central area, like Brasov and higher in south-west, south and south-east, like Timisoara, Bucharest and Constanta. May Day (first of May) is an important and nice feast here in Romania, the peoples travel to forest or to the green grass area, for a barbecue party, they play games and enjoy all day. The second day of May is same.
    All the best,
    Sandu

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Maria&Ron's Profile Photo

RE: May weather

by Maria&Ron Online Now Feb 28, 2007 at 1:01 AM

Hey Jennifer!
    Glad to hear things are movin along with the move....I'm sure you're really going to like it there. It can be cool at night all summer long..but the air is so much nicer you dont mind it so much to walk outside. We are going next monday and will return at the end of the month.I'll be sure to let you know how it is there now...did you book a flight yet? If not check out flying to Budapest...it's pretty close and alot cheaper on taxes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Brasov