Brasov Travel Answers

change location

Shopping in Brasov

by daileyjoy Online Now Feb 16, 2007 at 8:36 PM

Shopping in Brasov, Romania?
I am curious about the grocery shooping in Brasov. I am used to bulk shopping here in the US sometimes only once or twice a month. How is it normaly done there. Do people shop daily at either outdoor markets or stores? In our rented apartment should I expect a smaller fridge? If shopping tends to more of a daily activity can you offer some suggestions that will make the transitiontion easier for me. What are some of the better stores or markets? I also read somewhere about milk being sold in bags? Is this true, it seemed very odd to me. I would love any suggestions about products or tips on making this easier for me.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • TAXIco's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Shopping in Brasov

by TAXIco Online Now Feb 17, 2007 at 12:00 AM

In maine cities, like Brasov, many things are like in US. Peoples make bulk shopping twice a month, inside apartments are large fridges (220 V !!!) and the products are same (it,s possible to have another trade mark names). One thing is different : 90 % from garden stuff are made in the ground and the taste is unbelievable. You can find this at Green Stuff & First Fruits Market ("piata" - piatza, in Romanian). The story about milk is true, but you can buy the milk in another pack, no necessary bag. For bulk shopping Carrefour Hypermarket is the best in Barasov. I can't give you another suggestion about Hypermarkets or Malls because I live in Constanta and here are more of 20 commercial centers like Hypermarkets or Malls.
    Sandu

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Brasov